Your 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is possibly the only award that somehow means less than the Grammy's.

Silly to think that RHCP shouldn't be inducted.

However passing over the Cure is poor prioritization. Good class, though. The Cure will get in next year. They honestly probably stuck RHCP in there simply because they'll be running through the US and they'll play at their induction?

They honestly probably stuck RHCP in there simply because they'll be running through the US and they'll play at their induction?

That sounds about right. They've been eligible for the past two years. I'd imagine they waited until the band came out of its hiatus to induct them.

Not a big RHCP fan, but to deny their place in modern rock, their longevity, and how different they sounded from everyone else (aside from Fishbone and P-Funk, at least) is a little foolish.

The Cure will get in eventually. Stop complaining because it took The Dan a lot longer to get in.

Not a big RHCP fan, but to deny their place in modern rock, their longevity, and how different they sounded from everyone else (aside from Fishbone and P-Funk, at least) is a little foolish.

What RHCP's lineage contributed (contributes?) to rock is embarrassing white boy funk, which hasn't had anywhere near the longevity or presence that The Cure's followers have had. It's not even close. The Cure should have gotten in on the first ballot; they had nothing left to prove.

RHCP have been around a long time and still manage to sell records, but their lineage is pretty awful compared to most of the bands in the rock hall, which should be relevant if your bust is going to take up space somewhere. I guess the same is true of the Beastie Boys, but Paul's Boutique alone does more with sound and shows more sonic creativity than RHCP has given us in their entire 30 year career combined, so there's that.

Guns N' Roses I agree with, no question.

I'm not arguing with that. The Cure simply aren't as mainstream (and only were for a brief period), and it always takes those acts longer to get in.

Yeah, good for Guns.

If they'd have all died in a plane crash a week after Appetite came out, they would have been inducted already.

Top ten album of ALL TIME.

I'm not arguing with that. The Cure simply aren't as mainstream (and only were for a brief period), and it always takes those acts longer to get in.

I wouldn't call 8-9 years (somewhere from Let's Go To Bed and The Lovecats 'til the end of the Wish tour) a brief period, but I guess you have a point when you compare them to Guns and Peppers.

Guns and Peppers :rockon:

Fuck both of those bands though. Although the latter one had two or three great albums. Mother's Milk :drool:

I wouldn't call 8-9 years (somewhere from Let's Go To Bed and The Lovecats 'til the end of the Wish tour) a brief period

Well, Let's Go To Bed wasn't on mainstream radio or on MTV regular hours, at least not here in the U.S.

I'd say their peak period was from when Just Like Heaven was in heavy rotation up to Friday I'm In Love. So that's like 5 years. The Peppers had bigger hits over a much longer span of time.

aww, joan jett didn't make it? well boo, her and her whopping what, three hits? give me a break. the cure not making it through is a shame but they're just not mainstream enough.

I hear the Cure on the radio like three times a day. Shit, I've heard them in the mall.

Too edgy for the Rock Hall? Fuck the Rock Hall.

I'm sure The Cure will get in soon. The Chilis had to wait too. Every year its Deja Vu at B&C. People complaining about who didn't get in or shitting on the new inductees. Pretty fuckin lame. Let's focus the discussion on the new inductees.

Can we focus on how stupid the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is, and how completely meaningless it is to be inducted?

I think that's a given. That the bloody Chili Peppers have been inducted while supremely influential artists like Kraftwerk, Brian Eno, and The Smiths remain on the outside says as much.

Can we focus on how stupid the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is, and how completely meaningless it is to be inducted?

Nope. Believe it or not, artists are actually honored to be inducted. If you think its meaningless, why don't you create a thread about why the RNRHOF sucks.

Back
Top Bottom