Your 2010 Concert Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Planned for the moment:
19 June: Muse, Goffertpark, Nijmegen
23 September: U2, Koning Boudewijnstadion, Brussels
26 September: U2, Anoeta Stadium, San Sebastian
29 September: U2, Olympic Stadium, Seville

Diversifying a bit:
4 March: Tindersticks, Vredenburg, Utrecht
19 March: Bettie Serveert, Tivoli De Helling, Utrecht
20 June: Crowded House, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam :hyper:

I'm thinking about checking out this festival next month in Knoxville.

Big Ears Festival 2010

There's an exciting group of artists assembled for three days, including several I've never seen but wanted to - Dirty Projectors, the National, St. Vincent...

However, I'm trying to choose between this one, New Orleans Jazz Fest in late April-May (blew me away last year), and U2 this summer, probably Montreal. I can't make 'em all work, so I've got some tough culling to do. And the local music calendar is looking dead for the foreseeable future. :sad:

i think i very well may just go see saves the day and new found glory on the 24th of this month. i will not be going to see flogging molly the next night.

jury is still out on alkaline trio/cursive show on march 9th.

3/10 is tough. do i drive to boston to see the tossers, or do i stay local and go see the blasters?

on 3/13 i was thinking about going to see the big bad bollocks. had a great time last year, but their last halfway to st patty's day show was so crappy i ended up leaving in the middle of it.

there's some other things, hudson falcons are toying with me again, saying on their website they'll be up 'round these parts in a couple places in april. but that always seems to fall through.

only thing i've actually got a ticket for is the brian jonestown massacre in june. i wasn't planning on going when i saw the show dates while doing some googling a couple weeks ago, based off IYS and others' apprehension about a bjm show. but i worked with a guy the other day who had them on his ipod. he plays drums in a band, and they cover "servo," "nevertheless," and a couple others. he was surprised i had heard of the band, and i told him well, if he'd mentioned them the last time we worked together i wouldn't have, that it's a recent thing/mild obsession for me right now. he told me he went to see em sometime relateively recently, and it was a very good show, anton didn't flip out and it wasn't all "we are the niggers of the world" new stuff in the set. so i sort of decided i'm going to need to go to that.

Yeah, I'd love to see Cursive again and see Alkaline Trio live, but I don't know if I'll go either. Seems like the type of thing I'd have to go to solo, and I'm not sure if I care that much. Plus, it's on a weekday.

it's on a weekday here, too. although that's good for me, working weekends and all.

definitely something i'd have to go solo, and the crowd of irritating children the other time i went to see ak3 was enough to make me swear off going to all ages shows for a while. i'm over it, sort of, but i can count on one hand the number of times i've been as annoyed by the other people at the show. it's come down to one or two more like that and i might seriously lose my shit.
random kid standing next to me: why so sad?
iwb: you talking to me?
kid: you look like you need a hug! (he shifted in the crowd to come over and give me a hug)
iwb: i have a knife.
kid: uh, ok... (moved even further away from me, possibly out of fear of getting shanked)

i actually left my knife at home, but he didn't know that.

:laugh:

Yeah, I'd also considered that the crowd would potentially be lame as well. Also that both bands will be playing a lot of material from their recent albums, and I wasn't a huge fan of either.

yeah, ak3 played almost solely the stuff from agony and irony, and i liked maybe 1 or 2 songs off it (which i didn't like nearly as much as any of the songs off crimson or good mourning. hell, i even like from here to infirmary and goddammit better).

i still haven't heard a whole lot of cursive. i've liked what i heard, but none of it was new. and if you're saying the new stuff isn't as good, it probably isn't.

lame crowds make a big difference. that's one of the 2 main reasons i keep swearing off ever going to see the dropkick murphys anymore.

March 2nd- Muse- Philly
March 5th- Muse- NYC
May 26th- Bon Jovi- East Rutherford
June 6 &7th- U2- Anaheim
June 12th- U2- Denver
June 16th- U2- Oakland
July12th- U2- Philly
July 19th- U2- East Rutherford

Adding John Mayer -February 25th- NYC

Are you a Low fan?

No, I can't say that I am. I've listened to very little of their music, and what I heard didn't immediately grab me enough to pursue them. I guess they're one of the thousand bands I've heard raves about that I don't have the time or budget to check out... :D
BUT, my awareness of Low led me to check out RGC, since they were gonna be in town. I'm glad I did.

2010 is starting to shape up finally

3/1 - Muse
4/6 - Florence + the Machine
4/24 - The National
6/16 - U2
7/12 - U2 (probably)

Previously:

January 16 - Eddie Izzard, NYC
March 5 - Muse, NYC
March 26 - Spoon, NYC
May 7 - Broken Social Scene, NYC
July 3 - U2, Toronto
July 12 - U2, Philadelphia
July 19 - U2, NJ
July 27 - The National, Brooklyn

And uno mas...

June 3 - U2, Salt Lake City

That is it for the U2 this tour, unless they hit South America, then maybe not. :wink:

The schedule is starting to get out of control. Only maybe attending the ones in italics:

March 12 - The Flaming Lips
March 17-21 - Ballin' out of control doing SXSW the free way
April 13 - Pat Metheny
April 14 - White Rabbits, Here We Go Magic

April 22 - Beach House
April 23 - Local Natives

April 29 - Phoenix
April 30 - The Dead Weather
May 2 - The Tallest Man on Earth
May 7 - Shearwater

Go see Dead Weather. Then you can get all "happy" (if you get my meaning) about seeing that girl get all sweaty.

And the single time I saw Pat Metheny, back in the days of the cavemen, I damn near fell asleep. Seriously.

It was just the italicized ones I'm 50/50 on. Already got a ticket for the Dead Weather. I wouldn't miss seeing Alison Mosshart again. They were one of the best shows I saw all of last year.

I've actually seen Metheny before, in 2005. Not really my cup of tea, but I definitely appreciate the musicianship and enjoyed the show five years ago. The dude is a monster even though most people don't know it. My dad is a huge fan, so I'm going with him. Going to drive up to DFW and head to the show. He's had tickets since day 1.

I think so. Driving up isn't too big of a pain in the ass. Don't know if I'll stay with them or head back that night, but I should at least get a nice meal out of it. And as an appreciator of live music, it's not like it's an awful situation or anything.

01/25 - St. Vincent @ Jazz at Lincoln Center
03/05 - Muse w/Silversun Pickups @ MSG
04/09 - Florence and the Machine @ Terminal 5
07/19 - U2 @ Giants Stadium

Pretty slow year for concerts for me so far. I was hoping to see She & Him at the Bowery Ballroom too but the tickets sold out instantly. Hopefully my show schedule will pick up later in the year.

i went to Good Vibes Festival yesterday where i got to see

Kid Cudi
Gym Class Heroes
Naughty by Nature
AND
Busta Rhymes!!!!!! :faint:

with a bit of Salt n Pepa, Killers, Basement Jaxx, Grant Smilie and Armand van Helden thrown in.

Previously...
January 16 - Eddie Izzard, NYC
March 5 - Muse, NYC
March 26 - Spoon, NYC
May 7 - Broken Social Scene, NYC
June 3 - U2, Salt Lake City
July 3 - U2, Toronto
July 12 - U2, Philadelphia
July 19 - U2, NJ
July 27 - The National, Brooklyn

And the list grows...

April 6 - Atoms for Peace (Thom Yorke & co.), NYC

:hyper:

Pop Artist, that National show in Brooklyn is going to be the tits. Huge amount of jealousy here.

May 10: Natalie Merchant, Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, Belgium
June 20: Crowded House, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
August 12: U2, AWD Arena, Hannover, Germany

went to see saves the day/new found glory. suffered through the dreadful opening bands, hello goodbye and fireworks. saves the day was decent, and we left as soon as nfg finished going cover to cover on the selftitled album. i told my buddy quick, let's bail before they start playing new stuff. not a terrible show and the friends i went with were there with a look-over-your-shoulder guilty pleasure kind of mentality. i mainly went because of a recent saves the day addiction (i know...the emo...it burns. but i really like some of the old stuff), plus the fact that i really did like that nfg album a lot when i was 15.

Diversifying a bit:
20 June: Crowded House, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

I went to my first concert of the year last Thursday. And I have to say Tindersticks set the bar quite high for the other acts to follow.
I also have some more concerts to add. :)

Concerts in the past:

Concerts in the future:
20 June: Crowded House, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam :hyper:
19 - 22 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen :dance:
25 August: U2, Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow

Mar 10 - Midlake
Mar 18 - Vampire Weekend
Apr 5 - Muse (Silversun Picks supporting)
Apr 7 - Spoon (Deerhunter supporting)
May 2 - Shearwater
June 3 - Shuttlecock (he who must not be named supporting)

Back
Top Bottom