Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Few more shows I'll be picking up tickets for in the next couple days:

June 7th - Grizzly Bear
July 2nd - The Roots (probably, haven't completely decided yet)
July 16th - The National
July 19th - Pitchfork Music Festival (going to see The Flaming Lips, mostly, among others :hyper: )
August 9th - Fleet Foxes

13 July: Yo La Tengo and Wilco, Brooklyn
20 September: U2, Boston
21 September: U2, Boston
24 September: U2, NJ
25 September: U2, NJ

Just back from No Doubt in San Diego. They never dissappoint and I like the venue, Cricket Amphitheater. The only issue was it took over 4 hours to drive from LA to SD yesterday. Ugh.

Am trying to get tix to Green Day June 4th at the Henry Fonda Music Box in LA, but they are a tad bit pricey right now. I will probably have to wait until they come back.

Here's what I have so far. I love both summer and cheap tickets near my house :heart: :
May 2 - Jason Mraz - Champaign IL
June 28 - The Fray with Jack's Mannequin (lawn tickets are only $3.50 :eek:, but $15 after fees) - Tinley Park IL maybe
July 11 -No Doubt with Paramore (also $15 after fees) - Tinley Park IL almost definitely
August 13 -Jason Mraz - Chicago IL
September 12 (my birthday :hyper: ) -U2 - Chicago IL
September 13 -U2 - Chicago IL

Updated:

May 18 -- Rock To Recovery: A Benefit for Jay Thomas featuring Social Distortion with The Vandals, Japanese Motors, and The Black Tibetans (awesome evening, the two openers were fantastic)
May 31 -- Graham Colton, Bryan Greenberg, Curtis Peoples
Aug. 1 -- No Doubt, Paramore, The Sounds
Sept. 17 -- Blink-182, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Asher Roth
Oct. 25 -- U2, Black Eyed Peas

I bought more damn opera tickets. I can stop anytime. :shifty:

Siegfried in September, and Gotterdammerung next April, which will complete my third Ring Cycle. :)

And to round out the mini-subscription, Tamerlano in November.

I'm 'cited. :yes:

And hopefully I can get a ticket to see Tool tomorrow morning as I'm driving to Nevada to see Animal Collective.

Now I must really go to bed.

one of my friends wants to go see weezer and blink 182. i'm not really sold on whether i want to join him.

Tori Amos 7.16
U2 10.23

Sadly, that is all right now. I blew it on a couple local shows I should have gone to. Paul McCartney at the Joint, No Doubt was just here.

I want to go see Kings of Leon in Cali in August but it's right when my kids go back to school.

not any relation to the one debuting this season at the Los Angeles Opera, is it?

No, but by next April I'll have seen all four of the ones in that cycle. I decided not to to the complete LA cycle because I'm seeing them individually, and while I like the production, most of the time, I don't need to see it again just yet. And all the cheap seats are sold out. Are you going?

And...I did indeed get my ticket to go see Tool in Phoenix. In July.

Originally Posted by Pop Artist
Just one so far...

January 25 - The Killers, NYC

Although this is actually early for me to start concert season as I usually don't hit my first until May, March if I'm lucky. I think some of our schedules are going to be less varied this year, seeing as it is most likely a U2 year...

Add shows:

February 10 - Razorlight, NYC
April 29 - Peter Bjorn & John, NYC

Was trying for Springsteen tix in either NJ or Long Island in April/May this morning, but that was a huge bloody mess and so far I have nothing!
Alright, in for Springsteen! May 4 at Nassau Coliseum. No clue how to get there without a car or a good walk from a train, but I'll figure it out.

I am never, ever, buying Razorlight tickets again, twice I have bought tickets and twice I have missed the show...first time because my mom was critically ill in the hospital, and the second time I was in the hospital! :ohmy: But I am a lot better and plan to do PB&J and Springsteen, although I had to bag my plan to see U2 in Europe this summer. :sad: But, I will also see these... :D

June 8 - The Hold Steady, NYC (my third attempt, first time was a free outdoor show that I bagged b/c of thunderstorms, second time I wasn't feeling like the hassle of the venue and sold my ticket outside the show)

August 2 - All Points West Festival (Coldplay, Echo & the Bunnymen, MGMT, Elbow, The Black Keys, Silversun Pickups, We Are Scientists, Mogwai, Ghostland Observatory, Lykke Li and more...), Liberty State Park, NJ

September 24 - U2 (and Muse!), NJ
September 25 - U2 (and Muse!), NJ
October 28 - U2, Vancouver

:hyper:

OK, add uno mas to the above, just picked up a ticket to Phoenix's show here in NYC on June 19. :)

I ended up bagging Springsteen at Nassau since it was going to be too late a night for a Monday for me at that point. Have regained a lot of my stamina in the past month though. :wink: Add to my concert schedule:

June 12 - Eddie Vedder at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia
October 3 - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the last ever concert at the old Giants Stadium on October 3rd - I will be there this time, although I can't believe I am going to three concerts there in 10 days! :D

Also contemplating seeing Blonde Redhead at a free show here in Brooklyn on June 26 and my secret musical love in South Carolina September 12 but those aren't certain yet. :)

The Church -- June 27, 28, 30, July 1, 2 & 3.

w/Adam Franklin and his touring band, Bolts of Melody.

Should be fun. :)

Few more shows I'll be picking up tickets for in the next couple days:

July 2nd - The Roots (probably, haven't completely decided yet)
July 16th - The National
July 19th - Pitchfork Music Festival (going to see The Flaming Lips, mostly, among others :hyper: )
August 9th - Fleet Foxes

Uh oh...I have to decide between Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks in Chicago on July 2nd or the Roots. :crack:

Added No Doubt Aug. 7th at the Joint :hyper: Glad I didn't bother seeing them at Tiger Jam! I was semi bummed but it worked out. This is better.

There is no choice.

Turns out SM and the Jicks are playing a free show on July 4th in Milwaukee, so I'm going to that with a friend and will also hit up the Roots show on the 2nd. :D

The updated list:
July 2nd - The Roots
July 4th - Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
July 16th - The National
July 19th - Pitchfork Music Festival (going to see The Flaming Lips, mostly, among others )
August 9th - Fleet Foxes

Back
Top Bottom