Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just one so far...

January 25 - The Killers, NYC

Although this is actually early for me to start concert season as I usually don't hit my first until May, March if I'm lucky. I think some of our schedules are going to be less varied this year, seeing as it is most likely a U2 year... :wink:

Add shows:

February 10 - Razorlight, NYC
April 29 - Peter Bjorn & John, NYC

Was trying for Springsteen tix in either NJ or Long Island in April/May this morning, but that was a huge bloody mess and so far I have nothing!

Alright, in for Springsteen! May 4 at Nassau Coliseum. No clue how to get there without a car or a good walk from a train, but I'll figure it out. :D

I am never, ever, buying Razorlight tickets again, twice I have bought tickets and twice I have missed the show...first time because my mom was critically ill in the hospital, and the second time I was in the hospital! :ohmy: But I am a lot better and plan to do PB&J and Springsteen, although I had to bag my plan to see U2 in Europe this summer. :sad: But, I will also see these... :D

June 8 - The Hold Steady, NYC (my third attempt, first time was a free outdoor show that I bagged b/c of thunderstorms, second time I wasn't feeling like the hassle of the venue and sold my ticket outside the show)

August 2 - All Points West Festival (Coldplay, Echo & the Bunnymen, MGMT, Elbow, The Black Keys, Silversun Pickups, We Are Scientists, Mogwai, Ghostland Observatory, Lykke Li and more...), Liberty State Park, NJ

September 24 - U2 (and Muse!), NJ
September 25 - U2 (and Muse!), NJ
October 28 - U2, Vancouver

:hyper:

:up: awesome

i'm going to this. all of it:
n568252906_2099551_9278.jpg

scratch that. make it i'm going to this. 3 of the 4 shows. because i've taken off too many days from work (all of which were to go see shows) and am running out of personal time, i had to come home after the afternoon show today in order to be in at work for 10pm. boo.

the new alibis were replaced by the revilers (which was cool, though), no idea what happened to the war of words, i didn't stick around for blanks77, mouth sewn shut, or the casualties, and the wretched ones cancelled. but otherwise, it was a very good weekend. :up:

2 July Bruce Springsteen
5 July Bruce Springsteen
7 July U2
8 July U2
18 July U2
3 August U2
9 August U2
10 August ... um yes, U2 :wink:

Aaaaaand

it has just been made official that Radiohead will headline the 2009 Frequency Festival near Vienna, it's their first time in Austria, the festival will take place 22 bo 24 August, and I'm seriouly considering going, but I want to wait for an exact announcement when they are going to play, because I only want to buy a ticket for that day. Still don't know if I will be able to go there, if I can take the day off and who I'll be going with, but I'd really love to, let's see.

April 16 - Franz Ferdinand ~ Hollywood
April 17 - Franz Ferdinand/Morrissey/ Paul McCartney @ Coachella
April 18 - Franz Ferdinand ~Phoenix
April 22 - Justin Timberlake (jimmy kimmel)
April 23 - Depeche Mode ~ Free show Hollywood/Vine

July 27 - No Doubt - LA

October 23 - U2 - Las Vegas
October 25 - U2 - LA:hyper:

My calendar needs some amendments:

March 10th -- Cut//Copy @ The Music Box at The Henry Fonda Theater
April 15th -- Bloc Party @ The Palladium, Hollywood
April 23rd -- Depeche Mode. Free Jimmy Kimmel street concert at Hollywood & Vine.
May 15th -- Doves @ The House Of Blues - Downtown Disney
July 11th -- Duran Duran @ The Pacific Amphitheater, Costa Mesa
August 17th -- Depeche Mode @ Hollywood Bowl
October 23rd -- U2 @ Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas
October 25th -- U2 @ Rose Bowl, Pasadena

It's looking like it's going to be a great summer for me musically:

May 10--Nels Cline (NYC)
June 14--The Hold Steady (Ithaca)
June 17--Andrew Bird and Calexico (Upper Darby, PA)
July 2--Sonic Youth (Philadelphia)
July 10--Wilco and Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band (Wilmington)
July 19--Wilco and Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band (Lewiston, NY)

debating whether to drive up to northampton to see lucero tonight. :hmm:

didn't go.

did go to see the bouncing souls and the loved ones last night :up:

hudson falcons on saturday. not sure whether i want to go to both the afternoon and evening shows. i'm thinking i do, but i know how shitty a drive home that is on the little amount of sleep i'll be getting. if i manage to catch a nap at work the night before, however...

did go to see the bouncing souls and the loved ones last night :up:

:applaud:

I've missed a lot of shows I was planning on going to in the last month or so as well. I definitely won't be missing Mogwai a week from tonight though. A couple days after that is Flight of the Conchords, which I already have tickets for. Both should be a lot of fun.

i wanted to see mogwai when they came here, but i had to work. :down:

a friend of mine wants to hit the warped tour this year because apparently the new england date is going to be somewhere near hartford, ct. somehow i don't think there are enough bands playing that i want to see.

Some additions:

May 18 -- Rock To Recovery: A Benefit for Jay Thomas featuring Social Distortion with The Vandals, Japanese Motors, and The Black Tibetans
May 31 -- Graham Colton, Bryan Greenberg and Curtis Peoples
Aug. 1 -- No Doubt and Paramore
Oct. 25 -- U2 and Black Eyed Peas

Bought my tix to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs! :hyper:

Jealous. They need to get their asses down here.

May 16 - TV on the Radio
June 3 - Passion Pit
June 5 - Animal Collective
June 15 - Santigold
June 16 - Grizzly Bear
June 22 - Jenny Lewis
July 4 - Explosions in the Sky
July 9 - Spoon
August 8 - Bob Dylan
October 2-4 - ACL Festival
October 12 - Shuttlecock

skipped both hudson falcons shows the other night because 1) i couldn't find confirmation online anywhere that they were actually happening 2) couldn't find if there was an opening band to at least make the drive a little more worthwhile 3) didn't want to drive, didn't get enough sleep, just didn't feel like going out 4) don't like the bar where they were playing.

will go see the thermals tonight.

well, i missed that one. somehow between when i went to bed that morning and 8pm that night, i completely forgot about it. :|

It's ok, I had to miss them when they played here as well. Had you gone, I would have been filled to the brim with jealousy, so maybe it's best for my well being that you didn't. Thank you for thinking of my feelings, you dirty hippy.

:wink:

Wednesday the 13th - Mogwai
Sunday the 17th - Flight of the Conchords

Should be a fun week. :happydance:

Small update from me, as I just came back from a nice theater concert by Johan. Sadly, not there weren't that many people, but the songs were great. To celebrate their first 12.5 years they played a large selection from their catalogue, chronologically. And the encore consisted of 2 new songs (from their album that'll be released next month). :up:

And oh, bought a bunch of U2 tickets too, so adding those on my to see list. :hyper:

Concerts in the past:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (saw Dio, DAAN and Voicst)
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (kinda weird, this seated theater concert with some dancer and the band only playing new stuff)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (a live jazz/hiphop party played by a 20-man band, it really was something)
14 March: Opera Zuid/Limburgs Symphonie Orkest, Stadsschouwburg, Utrecht (Rimsky-Korsakow: The Tale of Tsar Saltan)
2 April: Johan, Parkstad Theater, Heerlen

Concerts in the future:
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam
30 June: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona
2 July: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
20 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
21 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
24 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
25 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
27 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
16 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
17 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto
20 September: U2, Gillette Stadium, Boston
21 September: U2, Gillette Stadium, Boston
24 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
25 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York

:hyper:

More concerts!

Concerts in the past:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (saw Dio, DAAN and Voicst)
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (kinda weird, this seated theater concert with some dancer and the band only playing new stuff)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (a live jazz/hiphop party played by a 20-man band, it really was something)
14 March: Opera Zuid/Limburgs Symphonie Orkest, Stadsschouwburg, Utrecht (Rimsky-Korsakow: The Tale of Tsar Saltan)
2 April: Johan, Parkstad Theater, Heerlen
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

Concerts in the future:
30 June: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona
2 July: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona
20 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
21 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
24 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
25 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
27 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
13 August: Pearl Jam, Ahoy, Rotterdam
16 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
17 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto
20 September: U2, Gillette Stadium, Boston
21 September: U2, Gillette Stadium, Boston
24 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
25 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York
23 October: Johan, Tivoli, Utrecht

May 24th - Soundset '09

It's the second annual independent hip-hop festival put on by Rhymesayers Entertainment.

Some of the artists playing:
Atmosphere
The Pharcyde
Brother Ali
MF DOOM
P.O.S.
Immortal Technique
Eyedea & Abilities
Sage Francis
El-P
Prince Paul
Blueprint