Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They said yes to KOL but took forever and so now it's sold out in Cinci :angry:.There's still stuff in Cleveland as of last night but I don't know if I'm up for another round of, "Do you wanna go and give me your money for tickets" bit. :doh:

GAH!! I so know what you mean. :doh:

KOL is sold out now?! the show you wanted to go to? :ohmy: OOOOH i hate when people take forever to make up their minds grrrrr!! :down:

bouncing souls, the loved ones, (some other band/bands) in new haven, CT 4/29 :up:

My concert schedule is a little more sparse than in years past:

3.29- BB King
4.26- Bruce Springsteen

+ a U2 show or two

For any Brazilian folk out there

OASIS HEAD TO BRAZIL!

Oasis announced today that they will be performing four dates in what will be their largest-ever tour of Brazil. It will also mark the first time the band have played in Curitiba and Porto Alegre.</B>

The gigs are part of the forthcoming South American leg of their world tour and are the band's first gigs in the country since March 2006 when they played Sao Paulo. Oasis previously also played the legendary 'Rock In Rio' festival in 2001 where they played to over 200,000 fans.

The band will play:

RIO DE JANEIRO - Citibank Hall – 7th May
SÃO PAULO - Arena Anhembi – 9th May
CURITIBA - Pedreira Paulo Leminski – 10th May
PORTO ALEGRE - Gigantinho – 12th May

Tickets go on sale from March 20th for Citibank clients then go on general sale from March 27th. All tickets are available through Ticketmaster or by phone: (11) 2846-6000 (São Paulo) and 0300 789 6846 (other states)

5-3 Franz Ferdinand
7-3 No Doubt :hyper:
then at least one U2 show, hopefully the Chicago one, going to another this year depends on if they have more than once Chicago show, or maybe decide to play Detroit after all.

January 30 - Shearwater
January 31 - Broken Social Scene
May 1 - Death Cab for Cutie
June 5 - Animal Collective

+
March 20 - Lisa Hannigan
March 20 - Explosions in the Sky
April 5 - Springsteen
June 16 - Grizzly Bear
October 2-4 - ACL Fest 09
October 12 - Shuttlecock

I'm sure I'll see a lot of others during SXSW next week, but as for now the two on March 20 are all I'm certain on.

No Doubt
Depeche Mode

and hopefully U2.

btw I have a random question and dont want to start a new thread.

Has anyone ever won concert tickets on the radio? If so, generally what kind of tickets do they give you? Shitty back of the arena nosebleeds, or rather good ones? Also, they told me my tix (to DM) will be at will call on the day of the show (months and months from now) that my name will be on some special VIP list and I just show my ID and they will give them to me. This makes me a little uncomfortable. What if I go all the way there, pay for parking, etc and then go to get the tickets and they tell me they've never heard of me, I'm not on the list or whatever, and I'm SOL. Just wondering if they usually always do will call for people that win tix.

Has anyone ever won concert tickets on the radio? If so, generally what kind of tickets do they give you? Shitty back of the arena nosebleeds, or rather good ones? Also, they told me my tix (to DM) will be at will call on the day of the show (months and months from now) that my name will be on some special VIP list and I just show my ID and they will give them to me. This makes me a little uncomfortable. What if I go all the way there, pay for parking, etc and then go to get the tickets and they tell me they've never heard of me, I'm not on the list or whatever, and I'm SOL. Just wondering if they usually always do will call for people that win tix.

I've never won any, but when I do hear of people winning them, they're usually really good tickets. You could always try to call the will call of the venue sometime to find out the ticket info, they'd probably tell you where the seats are located if you get someone nice on the phone.

Has anyone ever won concert tickets on the radio? If so, generally what kind of tickets do they give you?

I won Tori Amos tickets once by answering a trivia question (Where was Under the Pink recorded? Taos!). 4th row. :drool:

Of course I already had 2nd row so it was all kind of dumb but I won the tickets for a friend. You had to show up in person, though, to answer the question so I told my boss I had to go run an errand and then I drove like an insane person to the place where the radio people were broadcasting and then raced with some other guy to get to the table and shout TAOS! before he did. It was all rather humiliating and I was ashamed of myself later. :reject:

I've won tickets from the radio probably 20 or so times. I've had GA, I've had nosebleeds. I really don't know how it works. I did have to drive up to the Clear Channel building in north Dallas to pick up the tickets, though.

Thanks everyone :up: They said the tix will be at will call at the venue. I didnt think of trying to call them at the venue, however, the tix havent even gone on sale yet so they probably would not be able to tell me what kind of tix they are. :crack:

Add:

5.27- The National

The National is GREAT live. I was lucky enough to see them open for R.E.M. last summer at MSG in New York and I left the concert a big fan of them. I can't believe I hadn't heard of them before.

Enjoy!!

After being all :grumpy: about Live Nation's almost $16 in fees for a week, I finally caved and bought a seat for Andrew Bird and Calexico June 17 right outside Philadelphia. Fourth row :drool:

16 May - Andrew Bird
20 July - U2
21 July - U2

more to come after next week's sales

Another small update, just so I won't forget:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht *
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (with Dio, Marike Jager, DAAN, Bertolf and Voicst) *
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (so a seated theater concert)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (apparently live hiphop played by a 20-man band and they say it's really something)
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

* Yep, these two events have overlap. I hope that Voicst will play early, so I can catch them, then go out for the Roosbeef concert and return later in the evening. :)

Been really busy these past couple of weeks. So busy that I didn't have time to update my list. So without further ado:

Concerts in the past:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (saw Dio, DAAN and Voicst)
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (kinda weird, this seated theater concert with some dancer and the band only playing new stuff)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (a live jazz/hiphop party played by a 20-man band, it really was something)

Concerts in the future:
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam
20 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam ( :hyper: )
21 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam ( :hyper: )

Doh! Stupid me...
Forgot to add the concert I went to last night. Or rather, the opera I went to. :)

14 March: Opera Zuid/Limburgs Symphonie Orkest, Stadsschouwburg, Utrecht (Rimsky-Korsakow: The Tale of Tsar Saltan)

Jan 30 Franz Ferdinand Amoeba Music
February 25th Kinky HOB-anahiem
April 17th COACHELLA :hyper:(night one) Paul McCartney, Morrisey, Franz Ferdinand
April 18th Franz Ferdinand:love:
July 27th No Doubt

and U2
:rockon:

So far, the only thing I have tickets for is Bloc Party on thursday, but I'm going to get tickets to Mogwai on 5/1, The National on 5/23, Doves in June, oh and U2 in september :hyper:

Friday: Jeff Tweedy solo show, with Pronto opening (ft. Mikael Jorgensen from Wilco)
Saturday: The Charlie Hunter Trio

Pretty much everything after this weekend is up in the air, depending on my job situation and how much extra money I have.

April 20: Neko Case (maybe...I don't have a ticket yet, but I'll probably go)

May 9: Mike Watt and the Missingmen (possibly)
May 10: Nels Cline :drool:

June 17: Andrew Bird, with Calexico opening

September 20: U2

I'm sure I'll catch a few Wilco shows this summer, and hopefully Sonic Youth at least once or twice, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom