Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying for 4/29 Bruce tickets, my wife wants to get them for me as a Master's program graduation present. I've been in an online queue for 40 minutes and want to drill into my skull.

I saw a free Bruce show in Philly back in September. He did a free show for Barack Obama and too support people to registar to vote.

Just one so far...

January 25 - The Killers, NYC

Although this is actually early for me to start concert season as I usually don't hit my first until May, March if I'm lucky. I think some of our schedules are going to be less varied this year, seeing as it is most likely a U2 year... :wink:

Add shows:

February 10 - Razorlight, NYC
April 29 - Peter Bjorn & John, NYC

Was trying for Springsteen tix in either NJ or Long Island tin April/May this morning, but that was a huge bloody mess and so far I have nothing!

Add shows:
Was trying for Springsteen tix in either NJ or Long Island tin April/May this morning, but that was a huge bloody mess and so far I have nothing!

Yeah, i hate online ticket buying. I have class on 4/28, tried for Philly 4/29, and am now going to try for Hershey park 5/15 at noon. We'll see how this goes. I'm ready to cry and/or do something violent.

looks like Benicassim in Spain are the frontrunners for best line up at a festival so far

Headliners = Oasis, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and The Killers
Paul Weller will also be there on the friday before Kings of Leon

Dont think Franz deserve to headline though

Just one so far...

January 25 - The Killers, NYC

Although this is actually early for me to start concert season as I usually don't hit my first until May, March if I'm lucky. I think some of our schedules are going to be less varied this year, seeing as it is most likely a U2 year... :wink:

Add shows:

February 10 - Razorlight, NYC
April 29 - Peter Bjorn & John, NYC

Was trying for Springsteen tix in either NJ or Long Island in May this morning, but that was a huge bloody mess and so far I have nothing!

Alright, in for Springsteen! May 4 at Nassau Coliseum. No clue how to get there without a car or a good walk from a train, but I'll figure it out. :D

Just landed 2 GA tickets for Bruce Springsteen at Hershey Park.

That's about 10 miles from where I grew up, so I was going to take my dad as an early Father's Day present. By the time I remembered to go online at 12:30, the only seats together were way in the back, though, and I wasn't paying $100 + $18 service charge apiece for nosebleed seats.

Impy!! did you liked BSS, it was amazing, if they go again to austin I'm definitely there as long as I get better seats!!

Yeah, it was really an excellent show. I think we can take KD's word that they'll do another show here when they make up that Dallas one. He sounded pretty good for a guy that was almost dead.

I really liked the songs from Drew and Canning's albums more than I thought I would in a live setting. Also the Charles Spearin's speech thing was really cool. All in all, I really liked the show, but it's different to stack it against the previous time I saw them.

yeah Drews songs grew on me now that I've heard them live, can't get enough of Frightening lives, Lisa Lobesinger was amazing, why is it different due to the lineups?

Holy crapoli, Flight of the Conchords sold out in less than 5 minutes! Luckily I bought tickets the second they were available. I was never expecting it to sell out that quickly though, particularly since the show is on a Sunday and this is Utah....

Small update. I have tickets to three concerts:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (so a seated theater concert)
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

Another small update, just so I won't forget:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht *
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (with Dio, Marike Jager, DAAN, Bertolf and Voicst) *
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (so a seated theater concert)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (apparently live hiphop played by a 20-man band and they say it's really something)
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

* Yep, these two events have overlap. I hope that Voicst will play early, so I can catch them, then go out for the Roosbeef concert and return later in the evening. :)

apparently i'm not going to see the hold steady. or maybe i'm not going to see glasvegas. i'm pretty sure it's the hold steady show i'll be skipping... the ticket for the hold steady show arrived in the mail today and i thought, huh. 3/31 sounds awfully familiar...i thought i was going somewhere else that night. could i have thought of this before i bought tickets to both shows? of course not. :reject:

i'm more pissed off at myself for not realizing it and purchasing a ticket to both shows :der: that wasn't so smart. i'm pretty sure by the end of march i won't have perfected my time-splitting machine, thus still being unable to be in two places at once.

i have not heard them. i dig those songs. :up:

Seen:
Stars

Missed:
Mystery Jets
Mogwai
David Byrne
Ting Tings
Prodigy

Possible:
Kaiser Chiefs
Coldplay
Battles

Big question mark for all three. Kaiser Chiefs may be quite fun. I haven't seen Coldplay before but I'm not very familiar with the new stuff (really didn't like X&Y though) plus tickets are very expensive. Battles might be interesting but again I don't really know enough. Heh.

Stars were great though, even if I didn't know a lot of the songs; got to meet the band afterwards and they autographed my ticket stub.

I did, last year. Dream come true, really. They opened with 'Motorcycle Emptiness'. :D

:up:

I'm really glad to hear you got to see the show. I had seen that they were playing in Singapore, and hoped that you would be able to make it. Motorcycle Emptiness as an opener as well?! Awesome.

Now they need to tour the US again. How many years has it been?

looks like Benicassim in Spain are the frontrunners for best line up at a festival so far

Headliners = Oasis, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and The Killers
Paul Weller will also be there on the friday before Kings of Leon

Dont think Franz deserve to headline though

right, Franz have been touring European festival for years and years now. It´s boring to see them headlining.

That´s 4 bands I´m not interested in. Except the Killers maybe if they put me on a guestlist. I wouldn´t even waste time for the others.

Back
Top Bottom