Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black Lips May 2.
:dancing:

Tix were 12 bucks and the Ticketbastard fees fucking doubled the price. :happy:

sometimes i think it would be cheaper for me to drive to the box office for things, even for shows 2 hours away in boston. :down:

+
January 30 - Shearwater
January 31 - Broken Social Scene
February 11 - Andrew Bird
May 1 - Death Cab for Cutie
June 5 - Animal Collective

+
March 5 - Modest Mouse (maybe, I heard they're awful live)

March 27--Jeff Tweedy, from the first row behind the pit :hyper:

i'm trying to figure out if i want to take off from work to see him when he comes to MA. thinking about it...probably won't, though.

3/31 the hold steady in albany :up:
and if i don't determine the drive back to albany the next day to be too ridiculous, agnostic front 4/1

i'm trying to figure out if i want to take off from work to see him when he comes to MA. thinking about it...probably won't, though.

Yeah, that's the Northampton show I'm going to. I keep saying I'm going to stop driving 4.5 hours for shows, but I like Northampton too much. Plus, I'm probably going to catch the Charlie Hunter Trio the next night at the Iron Horse.

Tickets go onsale tomorrow to the public but have been selling pretty quickly in the presale, so I wouldn't wait if you think you're going to want to go.

I'd say do it. I've been to two Tweedy solo shows and, while I won't say they're necessarily better than Wilco shows, they're certainly amazing in their own way. I've never been to anything quite like Tweedy solo.

In other news, forget that Modest Mouse show. I decided I have no desire to see them live.

Bruce Springsteen tix go on sale on Monday, so hopefully I will be going on April 28th.

In other news, forget that Modest Mouse show. I decided I have no desire to see them live.

I saw them a few summers ago, and they were a complete snooze. It was like playing Good News For People Who Love Bad News on shuffle really loudly. It wasn't awful, but my friend and I left before the show was over, something neither of us ever do. I'd never see them again unless my ticket came with a time machine that could take me back to when they were still doing exciting, inspired stuff.

Bruce is playing here in Austin in April. I think a ticket would be worth the price of hearing "Queen of the Supermarket" live. I mean that's as good as seeing Ricky Gervais.

Feb 16 - Amanda Palmer
July 12 - Bruce Springsteen (Maybe...I'm not sure if I'll be going but bought tickets anyway...:lol:)

January 30 - Shearwater
January 31 - Broken Social Scene
February 11 - Andrew Bird
May 1 - Death Cab for Cutie
June 5 - Animal Collective

I realize I'm updating this just about every day, but

MAY 7 - FLIGHT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING CONCHORDS

+ June 2 Bruce Springsteen @ Ratina Stadium Tampere, Finland

And hopefully August 6 Madonna in Helsinki, Finland

What has "The Boss" got against Scotland? I mean, he is playing Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Austria and Ireland....but no Scottish dates AGAIN. Fuck Im....am boycotting his album!:angry:

I realize I'm updating this just about every day, but

MAY 7 - FLIGHT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING CONCHORDS

May 17 for me. :happy:

So far, I've been to:
Jan 27 - DeVotchKa

Planning on these:

Feb 25 - Andrew Bird
Apr 10 - Glasvegas
Apr 11 - The Hold Steady
Apr 21 - Black Lips
May 17 - Flight of the Conchords

Dan Deacon is playing in April as well, I'd love to go, but I think it would be me and a bunch of 16 year olds, which would be uncomfortable for everyone.

Also, this tempts the living crap out of me.....:
http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...nkID=datatix&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Yeah, that's the Northampton show I'm going to. I keep saying I'm going to stop driving 4.5 hours for shows, but I like Northampton too much. Plus, I'm probably going to catch the Charlie Hunter Trio the next night at the Iron Horse.

Tickets go onsale tomorrow to the public but have been selling pretty quickly in the presale, so I wouldn't wait if you think you're going to want to go.

haha, 4 and a half hours is a drive. i'm impressed. i did that once, once was enough. i know some smartass midwesterner is going to come on here and say a 6 hour drive is close by...

i remember tickets went pretty fast the last time he played at the calvin, because i waited and debated and then...well, they were gone and i missed out. hmm. oh what the hell, they're only 25 bucks. when i drive up to amherst later, i'll head back home by way of noho and hit up the box office to see what they've got.

on another note:
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band
4/21 boston, MA
4/24 hartford, CT

oh yeah. so happy. cannot wait.

Back
Top Bottom