Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May 28th - Manic Street Preachers at Chalk Farm Roundhouse
June 27th - Neil Young at Hyde Park
June 28th - Bruce Springsteen at Hyde Park
July 25th - U2 at Croke Park
August 14th & 15th - U2 at Wembley Stadium

2 Days Ago: Edgar and Johnny Winter

April 18: Buddy Guy (Maybe)

May 15: Leonard Cohen (Maybe)

May 23: Unforgettable Fire

September 24: U2

May 21 - The National (Toronto)
July 17 - Depeche Mode (Toronto)
July 30 - Coldplay (Toronto) :reject: GF wants to go (though to be honest, I dont mind them so much)
Sept 17 - U2 (Toronto)

Shaping up to be an awesome summer

April - Bat For Lashes (x1)
July - U2 (x1)
August - U2 (x3)

:D

March - In Flight Safety
March - Great Big Sea
April - Death Cab For Cutie private show (+ VIP passes)
May - Hey Rosetta!
September - U2 and Snow Patrol

April 21 - Travis & Republic Tigers
May 14 - VAST
Sep 16 - U2

Sep 17 - U2

July 30 - Coldplay (Toronto) :reject: GF wants to go (though to be honest, I dont mind them so much)

Elbow is opening for them, I like Coldplay (I've seen them once every tour since Rush Of Blood) but I would love to see Elbow :drool:

March 31 - Glasvegas
April 4 - Ra Ra Riot
May 27 - Keane
June 6 - Nine Inch Nails
July 31 - All Points West Festival with Beastie Boys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The National*
August 2 - All Points West with Coldplay, MGMT, Elbow*
August 3 - Depeche Mode
September 24 - U2 and Muse
November 14 - Metallica*

*not yet purchased :wink:

No Doubt
Depeche Mode

and hopefully U2.

btw I have a random question and dont want to start a new thread.

Has anyone ever won concert tickets on the radio? If so, generally what kind of tickets do they give you? Shitty back of the arena nosebleeds, or rather good ones?

Add Morrissey - April 18th. :hyper:

And yeah, the radio station called, they're mailing me my crappy lawn tickets :sad:

^Sorry you got lawn tickets. I've won tickets from radio stations three times and they've all been decent, not great. I think unless they're advertising front row or pit, you're going to get OK-to-decent tickets.

Aug. 1 -- No Doubt
Oct. 25 -- U2

April - Flight of the Conchords in Boston
May - Coldplay in Saratoga Springs
June - DMB Syracuse
July - U2 Croke Park
August - nothing
September - U2 Toronto
September - U2 Boston

Wish I could add U2 to my list :sad:

Saturday - Killers :drool:, Kaiser Chiefs :drool:, Elbow:drool:, Razorlight, Madness, Snow Patrol, Human League @ V Fest

April 16 - Keane

tommorow-Blood Red Shoes
April 30 - The Von Bondies
August 6 - U2
August 10 - U2

...hopefully I'll ad there Nova Rock festival in June and U2 on August 9

Been really busy these past couple of weeks. So busy that I didn't have time to update my list. So without further ado:

Concerts in the past:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (saw Dio, DAAN and Voicst)
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (kinda weird, this seated theater concert with some dancer and the band only playing new stuff)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (a live jazz/hiphop party played by a 20-man band, it really was something)
14 March: Opera Zuid/Limburgs Symphonie Orkest, Stadsschouwburg, Utrecht (Rimsky-Korsakow: The Tale of Tsar Saltan)

Concerts in the future:
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam
20 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam ( :hyper: )
21 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam ( :hyper: )

Small update from me, as I just came back from a nice theater concert by Johan. Sadly, not there weren't that many people, but the songs were great. To celebrate their first 12.5 years they played a large selection from their catalogue, chronologically. And the encore consisted of 2 new songs (from their album that'll be released next month). :up:

And oh, bought a bunch of U2 tickets too, so adding those on my to see list. :hyper:

Concerts in the past:
14 February: KXRadio Samenzwering (translated: conspiracy) party, Stairway To Heaven, Utrecht (saw Dio, DAAN and Voicst)
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (kinda weird, this seated theater concert with some dancer and the band only playing new stuff)
13 March: Kyteman's Hiphop Orkest, Tivoli, Utrecht (a live jazz/hiphop party played by a 20-man band, it really was something)
14 March: Opera Zuid/Limburgs Symphonie Orkest, Stadsschouwburg, Utrecht (Rimsky-Korsakow: The Tale of Tsar Saltan)
2 April: Johan, Parkstad Theater, Heerlen

Concerts in the future:
30 June: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona
2 July: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
20 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
21 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
24 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
25 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
27 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
16 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
17 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto
20 September: U2, Gillette Stadium, Boston
21 September: U2, Gillette Stadium, Boston
24 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
25 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York

:hyper:

Small update from me, as I just came back from a nice theater concert by Johan. Sadly, not there weren't that many people, but the songs were great. To celebrate their first 12.5 years they played a large selection from their catalogue, chronologically. And the encore consisted of 2 new songs (from their album that'll be released next month). :up:

And oh, bought a bunch of U2 tickets too, so adding those on my to see list. :hyper:

Concerts in the past:
2 April: Johan, Parkstad Theater, Heerlen

Concerts in the future:
30 June: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona
2 July: U2, Camp Nou, Barcelona (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
20 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
21 July: U2, ArenA, Amsterdam
24 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
25 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
27 July: U2, Croke Park, Dublin
16 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
17 September: U2, Rogers Centre, Toronto
24 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York (hopefully, don't have a ticket yet)
25 September: U2, Giants Stadium, New York

:hyper:

GOOD LORD! :ohmy:

Past:
Ryan Adams a couple of weeks ago. It was perfect.

Coming up:
May 23 Chris Botti (yes, I like Jazz).
July 24: U2 Croke Park
Oct. U2 Atlanta and Tampa

Want to see:
John Legend Atlanta
Depeche Mode: Atlanta
Doves: they are not coming here. :scream:

Small update from me, as I just came back from

i won't be going, but while you're in my part of the world i will have to leave my cave to buy you a beer. :up:

The Hold Steady is playing here in June, so I'll probably go check them out. I'd also like to take a road trip to see Dinosaur Jr. and Mike Watt in a few weeks, though that may be pretty tough. I teach until 3, and it's a four-hour drive to Lancaster, where they're playing on a Friday. It will probably be a last-minute decision. I wouldn't even be considering it except that the place where they're playing is really small.

Back
Top Bottom