Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whenever Mogwai reschedules their cancelled shows, that and U2 are about all I'll spend money on next year, except for an occasional small show or if Bloc Party or R.E.M. tour next year.

I couldn't get Leonard Cohen tickets for his UK tour this december, and I was pissed :angry:

February - NME Tour (Glasvegas, Fighting Fire, White Lies & Florence and the Machine)
April - Bat For Lashes

So far :up:

I'm off to complete a journey that everyone should do in their life

It's a pilgrimage

Oasis - Heaton Park - Manchester - 100,000

March 22 - IRON F'N MAIDEN!!! :rockon: - 50.000 people

and, maybe Elton John in JANUARY

Coldplay it seems for late march-april or even october... and suposedly AC/DC should come too in 09

Unfortunately, none so far. I don't even know who is coming to Philly, and I might not even be here anymore come August.

Not a single one thus far, and am not really that bothered as I'm going to be all over the place this year.

I do hope to catch a couple of U2 shows when the time comes!

Yes, records are great too. Hearing that music wherever and whenever you want, always in the same quality. But live music can have that magical extra you cannot find on a record.

So which artists are you seeing live in 2009? List them here!

For the moment I have two concerts planned:
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (so a seated theater concert)
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

Small update. I have tickets to three concerts:
14 February: Roosbeef, Ekko, Utrecht
7 March: Zita Swoon, Rotterdamse Schouwburg, Rotterdam (so a seated theater concert)
11 April: Bob Dylan, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam

popmartijn you got to see Oasis in Amsterdam!

Dont know if the tickets are still available!

21st and 22nd of Jan at Heineken Hall

My friends are going but i cant skip uni lectures so i have to miss out:down:

dropkick murphys 3/9 hartford, CT
flogging molly 3/10 boston, MA
street dogs/swingin utters 3/11 providence, RI
big bad bollocks 3/14 northampton, MA
the pogues 3/21 boston, MA
glasvegas 3/31 boston, MA

march will be an awesome month (the 9th, 10th, and 11th particularly), but i'm damned if i can find anyone coming anywhere in new england i'd go see between then and now. do i want to go see the english beat? what exactly is the band that's passing for them these days anyhow?

One of my friends went to what was supposed to be an English Beat show a few years back, and said there was only one original band member there, and he was refusing to play any English Beat songs, just whatever solo or "new band" stuff he'd recently created, even though they DID bill the show as being "English Beat". He was horrified by it all, ended up completely hating the band for quite a while.

Both Stars and Delta Spirit will be playing here next month, so I'll probably go check those shows out, since the weather is lousy and I can't travel for shows the way I do the rest of the year.

One of my friends went to what was supposed to be an English Beat show a few years back, and said there was only one original band member there, and he was refusing to play any English Beat songs, just whatever solo or "new band" stuff he'd recently created, even though they DID bill the show as being "English Beat". He was horrified by it all, ended up completely hating the band for quite a while.

yeah, that will definitely be a no then. i was leaning toward no just based on the fact that the show is in providence and i can't stand going to shows in rhode island, but now i'm sold on it.

plus i found a shitload of local/regional-ish new england bands that aren't mark lind (dare i say i'm finally getting pretty burnt out on his various bands) playing in various locations within reasonable driving distance, something of which is the same night as that show. so i know what i'm doing instead.

Back
Top Bottom