Your 2009 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are the street dogs still on tour with them? get there early, you won't regret it.

I was arriving as they played and from what I heard, they were pretty good!
The Offspring was :drool:
I felt like I was in high school again. It was a ton of fun with great friends:applaud:

June 30 Yeah Yeah Yeahs:hyper:
July 5 Arctic Monkeys and the Kills together:love:
and on August 19 Deerhunter, Black Lips, Crystal Antlers and some band called Glint
...all of them in Vienna

Patti Smith (supported by the Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra) a week today :hyper:

OMFG, Kings of Leon are coming to the Joint in August!!! :hyper:

Adding to my list:

Tori Amos 7.16.09
No Doubt 8.7.09
Kings Of Leon 9.17.09
U2 10.23.09

Holy shit this is going to be the best concert series ever :D I do plan on adding more
U2 shows next year. *hopes*

Just got back from seeing MGMT. About half of their set was new material, and some of it sounded quite good - which surprised me, considering their debut took numerous listens before I got into it all.

Simple Minds Blickling Hall 17th July
U2 Wembley Stadium 14th & 15th August
Simple Minds Manchester MEN Arena December

Feb 16 - Amanda Palmer
June 11 - Robert Lippok/Do Make Say Think/Final Fantasy

June 17 - Jason Collett, Happiness Project, Apostle of Hustle, Years
June 18 - Kill Krinkle Club, Melissa Auf Der Maur, Burning Bridges, The Black Lips
June 19 - Hank Pine and Lily Fawn, Pavlov's Dog Orchestra, Black Hat Brigade, Matt and Kim, Wintersleep, The North
June 20 - Crystal Antlers, Japanther, The Sonics
June 21 - Swami, Liquid & The Velvet Trench, Ninjasonik, Candy Coated Killahz, Rah Rah, The Gertrudes, Diamond Rings, PS I Love You, Nich Worby

July 12 - Bruce Springsteen
July 24 - U2
July 25 - U2

Those next few concerts are still a work in progress :wink:

Turns out SM and the Jicks are playing a free show on July 4th in Milwaukee, so I'm going to that with a friend and will also hit up the Roots show on the 2nd. :D

July 2nd - The Roots
July 4th - Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
July 16th - The National
July 19th - Pitchfork Music Festival (going to see The Flaming Lips, mostly, among others )
August 9th - Fleet Foxes

So, bus tickets to Milwaukee were $70 for the days around the 4th. Instead, I'm going to see Elvis Costello and the Imposters for $10.

June 29th - White Rabbits
July 2nd - The Roots
July 4th - Elvis Costello and the Imposters
July 16th - The National
July 19th - Pitchfork Music Festival (going to see The Flaming Lips, mostly, among others )
August 9th - Fleet Foxes

OMFG, Kings of Leon ...

i saw that glasvegas were coming to my area, and went to investigate. but it turns out they're opening for kol, so i think i'll be skipping that. or rather, i know i'll be skipping that.

I don't see many Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood on here. The show was pretty good, with great musicianship and a great backing band. The crowd was mostly older and sat down for the show - even people in the front row. Clapton seemed to be in his own zone, barely interacting with the crowd and looking straight ahead the whole time. It was good to see once, but I don't think I'd see them again.

Feb 16 - Amanda Palmer
June 17 - Jason Collett, Happiness Project, Apostle of Hustle, Years, Broken Social Scene With FEIST!
June 18 - Zeus, Timber Timbre, The Black Lips
June 19 - Matt and Kim, Bobby Conn and Monica Bou, Mika Miko, The Dead Science, No Age
June 20 - Woodpigeon, DD/MM/YYYY, Ruby Coast, Jason Collett
June 21 - Rueben DeGroot

July 24 - U2
July 25 - U2

The last few days were completely different then what we expected, due to smokers, and Jonas Brothers

Feb 16 - Amanda Palmer
June 17 - Jason Collett, Happiness Project, Apostle of Hustle, Years, Broken Social Scene With FEIST!
June 18 - Zeus, Timber Timbre, The Black Lips
June 19 - Matt and Kim, Bobby Conn and Monica Bou, Mika Miko, The Dead Science, No Age
June 20 - Woodpigeon, DD/MM/YYYY, Ruby Coast, Jason Collett
June 21 - Rueben DeGroot

July 24 - U2
July 25 - U2
Aug 10 - DeVotchKa

one more Church gig tonight (July 3) and then I might go see Adam Franklin (Swervedriver frontman) solo in Columbus, OH on July 11. I've liked what I've heard from him opening for the Churchies.

I'd like to see FF..they (he?) were just here. I only know that song "No you girls" but my cousin saw them and said it was awesome. Should have gone...

I'd like to see FF..they (he?) were just here. I only know that song "No you girls" but my cousin saw them and said it was awesome. Should have gone...

oh you definitely should see them whenever you get the opportunity! They are my absolute favorite live act aside from U2. Full of energy and great fun. I know they are playing some shows in Canada in September and their own headlining show in Hollywood at the Palladium in late august, a couple of days after the greenday show.:applaud:

10-07-09 U2 Paris 1
11-07-09 U2 Paris 2
18-07-09 U2 Berlin
20-07-09 U2 Amsterdam 1
21-07-09 U2 Amsterdam 2
24-07-09 U2 Dublin 1
25-07-09 U2 Dublin 2
27-07-09 U2 Dublin 3
06-08-09 U2 Chorzów
09-08-09 U2 Zagreb 1
10-08-09 U2 Zagreb 2

Back