Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday night I went to the first night of the No More Bush Tour, sponsored by Thurston Moore's record label Ecstatic Peace. It was a pretty small audience, but the lineup of two bands, two solo musicians, and four poets (including Mr. Moore himself) was top-notch. I have to admit that the coolest part of the night by far for me was when I got in my car to pull away but couldn't because there was a group of people standing between the cars. Just when I was about to get mad, I realized it was Kim Gordon and some other people. Then I sat there like this :love:

I got a second row seat for Ryan Adams and the Cardinals in Syracuse in September. That means that between now and October I have two Wilco shows, Bob Dylan, the Fender Jazzmaster 50th anniversary show, Ryan Adams, Andrew Bird, and Billy Bragg. Not bad!

I got a ticket to see Sonic Youth at a relatively small place in Philadelphia later this month :drool: The Hold Steady is opening.

The show sold out in a matter of minutes, so I'm relieved I got through Ticketbastard with no problems. The day is going to kick my ass, since I have to teach until 3, then drive the four hours down there, but I know it's going to be worth it.

I'll be buying tickets this weekend to see Rage Against the Machine on September 3rd. They'll be here as a reaction to the RNC being in town. :rockon:

I JUST found out today that Patti Smith is touring Oz :ohmy: ... so luckily I was able to score tix for both her shows in Melbourne Oct 11 & 12.

I'm so incredibly excited at the moment!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

:D

And today tickets for hopefully excellent concerts kept pouring in (or at least, were ordered, as I don't have them in my hands yet)...

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam - Visual / Healing & EasyListening / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone & Voicst, Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party!)
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst (I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam (they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still.)

Concerts in the future:
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (with acts like dEUS, Sigur Rós, Claw Boys Claw, Dresden Dolls and The Roots already a winner. And no, no Voicst)
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (with acts like Kate Nash, Pete Philly & Perquisite, C-Mon & Kypski, Gram and Angus & Julia also a winner. And Voicst too!)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam
11 October, Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam

And my wishlist still has some names & dates on it.

I saw quite a few gigs in the past few weeks, so it's time for an update. :)

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam - Visual / Healing & EasyListening / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst :)shifty: I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam :)bow: they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still. :bow: )
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam (an amazing show, the music Daniel Lanois can get out of just one guitar! :faint: And Brian Blade is an amazing drummer too)
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam (I had a great time, but I think this might be the last time I'm going to see him. He's moving in a direction I'm not really digging)
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (I had a great time. Saw lots of bands. Highlights were: The Ting Tings, The Flaming Lips, Claw Boys Claw, Franz Ferdinand, Police In Dub Experience, dEUS, and The Dresden Dolls. And no, Voicst did not play here, they were at Sziget.)

Concerts in the future:
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (with acts like Kate Nash, Pete Philly & Perquisite, C-Mon & Kypski, Gram and Angus & Julia also a winner. And Voicst too! :tongue: )
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam :drool:
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam :hyper:
11 October, Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam

Life's good!

I'll be buying tickets this weekend to see Rage Against the Machine on September 3rd. They'll be here as a reaction to the RNC being in town. :rockon:

Yeah, so I lied...and didn't get tickets.

Instead, I'm seeing Robin Williams on September 25th (4th row! :rockon: ) and Weezer on October 3rd (early b-day present to myself) in GA. :drool:

updated:

2/18: tim finn
4/18: moody blues
5/17: duran duran
5/18: liam finn
7/19: earth, wind & fire
8/9: crosby, stills & nash

9/10: liam finn
9/12: the b-52's
9/23: david byrne
9/26: huey lewis and the news
9/29: the raconteurs

It's going to be a great rest of the year:

Thursday 21 August 2008 - Broken Social Scene *FREE
Thursday 28 August 2008 - Radiohead (w/Liars) *already have tickets
Saturday 30 August 2008 - Shearwater
Wednesday 3 September 2008 - Ratatat
Monday 15 September 2008 - Mogwai (w/Fuck Buttons) *already have tickets
Sunday 28 September 2008 - Sigur Rós *already have tickets
Tuesday 30 September 2008 - Why?
Tuesday 7 October 2008 - A Place to Bury Strangers OR Weezer (need to decide)
Tuesday 21 October 2008 - The Notwist
Monday 17 November 2008 - Of Montreal
Saturday 22 November 2008 - Coldplay *already have tickets
Friday 28 November 2008 - 65daysofstatic (probably won't be able to go to this because of Thanksgiving, we shall see)

jack.gif

updated:

2/18: tim finn
4/18: moody blues
5/17: duran duran
5/18: liam finn
7/19: earth, wind & fire
8/9: crosby, stills & nash

9/10: liam finn
9/12: the b-52's
9/23: david byrne
9/26: huey lewis and the news
9/29: the raconteurs
oh and i forgot...i could see peter frampton on 9/6 if i hadn't already agreed to go to a friend's party. boo.

I'm hoping to get tickets to see Wilco open for Neil Young in Philadelphia December 12th. I'm also planning to see the Avett Brothers if they are in fact playing in my town. There's some confusion about whether or not they actually are.

My first (and perhaps only) concert of the year is going to be Huey Lewis and the News. It is finally happening. Oh, yes. :heart:

10/2/08 - Carrie Underwood with special guest Little Big Town
10/12/08 - Death Cab for Cutie

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

(Three hyper smilies for Carrie and Death Cab!!!)

Back
Top Bottom