Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
17th of May - Anti Flag (With State Radio and Blood or Whiskey)
25th of May - Bruce Springsteen
7th of June - Radiohead (With Bat for Lashes)
21st of June - KT Tunstall
28th of June - Morrissey (With New York Dolls)

11th-13th of July - Oxegen Festival (R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, Stereophonics, Interpol...)
7th of August - Backstreet Boys (With Girlicious)
9th of August - Amanda Palmer
15th of August - Radiohead (with Grizzly Bear)
27th of September - Amanda Palmer

Just got home from dave matthews band...hoyl shit :combust: best show i have seen in a long long time. and yes you are seeing correctly, dave played pink floyd's "money" with all these crazy jams. the stoner crowd went NUTS

Don't Drink the Water *
The Dreaming Tree *
One Sweet World *
Rhyme And Reason *
Crash Into Me *
Help Myself *
Money *+
Money That's What I Want *
Pay For What You Get
Crush *
Old Dirt Hill *
Louisiana Bayou *
Gravedigger *
Eh Hee *
So Much To Say *
Anyone Seen The Bridge *
Too Much *
Tripping Billies *
Encore:
Pantala Naga Pampa *
Rapunzel *
Thank You

A short update in the concerts in the future section:

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam - Visual / Healing & EasyListening / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone & Voicst, Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst :)shifty: I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)

Concerts in the future:
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (finally bit the bullet and got a ticket)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam

This year is shaping up to be such a great concert year!

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam - Visual / Healing & EasyListening / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst :)shifty: I'm seeing a trend this year)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam :)bow: they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still. :bow: )

Concerts in the future:
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (finally bit the bullet and got a ticket)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam :drool:
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam :hyper:

And I'm also looking at some others to put on a wishlist...

This year is shaping up to be such a great concert year!

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht
22 March: Silkstone & Voicst, Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party!)
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst (I'm seeing a trend this year)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam (they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still.)

Concerts in the future:
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam

And I'm also looking at some others to put on a wishlist...

And today tickets for hopefully excellent concerts kept pouring in (or at least, were ordered, as I don't have them in my hands yet)... :hyper:

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam :)bow: they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still. :bow: )

Concerts in the future:
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (with acts like dEUS, Sigur Rós, Claw Boys Claw, Dresden Dolls and The Roots already a winner. And no, no Voicst)
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (with acts like Kate Nash, Pete Philly & Perquisite, C-Mon & Kypski, Gram and Angus & Julia also a winner. And Voicst too! :tongue: )
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam :drool:
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam :hyper:
11 October, Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam

And my wishlist still has some names & dates on it. :happy:

I just scored a 6th row seat to see Beck in Abq Sept. 23. :)

Finally. Last time I had 2nd row and couldn't go. :mad: I figured he'd never come back here, or at least not so soon, so I'm surprised and happy.

7th of August - Backstreet Boys (With Girlicious)

I don't feel so bad now. :lol:

29 July - Backstreet Boys (row 2, centre :rockon:)
2 October - Elton John (row 30, meh...but not too bad, considering that the show sold out within minutes)

2 October - Elton John (row 30, meh...but not too bad, considering that the show sold out within minutes)

Congrats, GG! (He said in a high-pitched, envious voice). :wink:

I tried and tried at work, but to no avail. There was such a demand for tickets that every single telecommunication system in the building went down. :rant: Just two people on my floor managed to get tickets....crazy.

Should be an awesome show. :up: He's just a classic (and fantastic) performer. I hope they add another show, but somehow I doubt it...he seems to like a set schedule, no matter the demand.

As a small consolation, there's always this: Elton John Live Concert at Saratoga Performing Arts Center (Saratoga, NY) Jul 25, 1982 - Free streaming live music, Live concert recordings, Live music downloads, Classic rock concerts One of the best concert recordings I've heard. When you crank it through a home stereo system, it can even make dish-washing an enlightening experience...Someone Saved My Life Tonight. :drool:

Also, on that site, there's a couple of shows from some band named "Pink Floyd."

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't manage to get tickets.
down.gif
:hug: I think it was just pure luck that my mom managed to get two. When I (a veteran online ticket purchaser and all) tried on my computer, I got stuck with an endless loading page. That happened to a lot of people, it seems... If you aren't able to get tickets through a friend or an advertisement, try looking for tickets on the day of the show. A friend of mine managed to score front row seats to the first Leonard Cohen show at Holy Heart by logging into admission.com at about 11:00 AM.

I think it's crazy that these latest concerts in NL have sold out so quickly. It just goes to show; if high-profile musicians tour in Atlantic Canada, people WILL buy tickets to see them. There seems to be this huge misconception that there's no market for big concerts anywhere outside of Ontario, Alberta and BC. I swear, if developers built a 20,000 capacity arena in either Halifax or St. John's, large acts would make a killing out here.

Wolfgang's Vault. :drool:

...When I (a veteran online ticket purchaser and all) tried on my computer, I got stuck with an endless loading page.

...Endless loading page. :sad: I had about eight windows opened, hoping against hope at least one of them would find a way in...grrrr.

I’ll definitely try on the day of the show through those options you mention. :up: I can just imagine the prices scalpers will be charging because of the demand, but I’d feel slimy if I went that route. I overheard a coworker say the St. John’s shows are already on eBay, for ridiculous amounts.

Great point about the market misconceptions. Elton could have easily sold out six or seven shows here, or one larger venue…if it existed. The St. John’s area, in particular, is quickly becoming one of the most prosperous regions in the country--so we’re bound the see the same situation again, as the demand/money is there to lure the larger acts to come more often. It’s all about planning, and marketing—which, as we know, Mile One is abysmal at. For every Elton John and Bob Dylan, there are 100 Charlie Pride and “Monster Truck Madness” events. :angry:

We must build a new venue: Mile 2: The New Beginning.

Since I haven't done this in awhile, I figure I might as well try to update it:

April 15 - Feist
May 3 - The Raconteurs
May 11 - Wilco
May 18 - Radiohead
June 17 - Death Cab for Cutie
July 2 - Fleet Foxes

July 25 - Wolf Parade (this is a maybe)
August 1-3 - Lollapalooza in Chicago
August 2 - Broken Social Scene aftershow
August 24 - My Morning Jacket
September 12 - Mogwai (another maybe)
October 11 - Cat Power

A pretty good looking year so far.

Yeah, we're figuring it out in the next two days. I was going to drive up from Austin with one of my friends and his girlfriend and stay at his sister's place in downtown Chicago. Quasi-sorta-shitty-crazy-Miss impy is flying in and was staying at the same place. But now my friend is unsure if he'll be able to do it what with his impending move-out.

Hopefully he gets his shit together.

Well, he didn't. I'm no longer going to Lollapalooza.

NSFW, I've got two tickets to the sold out Broken Social Scene aftershow if you're interested.

Well, he didn't. I'm no longer going to Lollapalooza.

NSFW, I've got two tickets to the sold out Broken Social Scene aftershow if you're interested.

Man, that fucking sucks.

I appreciate the ticket offer, but, I'll have to take a pass....

There's no other way you can attend, it's that black & white?

Man, that fucking sucks.

I appreciate the ticket offer, but, I'll have to take a pass....

There's no other way you can attend, it's that black & white?

It really is. I was planning on driving up with and staying with the guy. So now I have no way to get there and no place to stay if I did. I'd get a plane ticket and sleep on a bench if I had to, but I can't afford the airfare now either. Miss impy was flying in and meeting us there since she had a free plane ticket and didn't want to drive.

It really, really sucks. This trip was basically my present to myself for my upcoming birthday. Plus it was going to be really good for my always tumultuous relationship.

Sept. 12 - Heart, Cheap Trick and Journey (in Chicago)

I'm looking forward to seeing Heart and Cheap Trick perform again after all these years, end of story.

As for Journey ... they once again got another Perry-wannabe singer, with newcomer Arnel Pineda. (Good for them ... more like, ridiculous) :tsk:

Luckily, Journey performs last, as I'm leaving the moment they start their set.

There's only one 'voice' of Journey ... and without Perry, Journey is NOT EVER GONNA BE Journey again. Period !! :bow:

Another one (in bold) to add to my too, too short concert year:

July 29: Bloc Party, Los Angeles
August 7: Bloc Party, New York
August 8: Underworld & Radiohead, All Points West music festival, Liberty State Park, New Jersey
August 9: Radiohead, All Points West music festival, Liberty State Park, New Jersey
August 24: Radiohead, Hollywood, California
October 3: Cut///Copy, Pomona, California

Well, Mike, the good news is a nice Chicagoan by the name of Steve Miller bought my BSS tickets and I just shipped them to him. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll sing me "Fly Like an Eagle" as a thank you for getting him face value tickets to a sold out show.

Well, Mike, the good news is a nice Chicagoan by the name of Steve Miller bought my BSS tickets and I just shipped them to him. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll sing me "Fly Like an Eagle" as a thank you for getting him face value tickets to a sold out show.

Glad you unloaded the tickets, and really am sorry that you cannot attend.

I got first row seats for Andrew Bird in October a few weeks ago. I'm also hoping to head down to NYC for the Fender Jazzmaster 50th anniversary concert at the Knitting Factory in September. My concert calendar beyond the summer looks pretty bleak besides these two shows.

Back
Top Bottom