Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A short update in the concerts in the future section:

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam - Visual / Healing & EasyListening / Breakcore - www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst :)shifty: I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)

Concerts in the future:
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (finally bit the bullet and got a ticket)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam :drool:
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam :hyper:

17th of May - Anti Flag (With State Radio and Blood or Whiskey)
25th of May - Bruce Springsteen
7th of June - Radiohead (With Bat for Lashes)

21st of June - KT Tunstall
28th of June - Morrissey (With New York Dolls)
11th-13th of July - Oxegen Festival (R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, Stereophonics, Interpol...)
7th of August - Backstreet Boys (With Girlicious)
15th of August - Radiohead (with Grizzly Bear)

The current schedule is:
June 14th: Amos Lee
September 27th: Mogwai

Past shows:
The Flaming Lips: December 31st/January 1st
February 15th: Super Furry Animals
March 16th: Bruce Springsteen
March 30th: Explosions in the Sky (in Milwaukee)
April 11th: Bob Saget
April 15th: Anti-Flag
May 6th: Robin Williams
June 5th: R.E.M. (St. Paul)
June 6th: R.E.M. at the United Center (Chicago)

I'm so jealous you got to see SFA on this tour, onebloodonelife. I was travelling for work and missed them in several regional cities. They always put on a fantastic show.

I was also supposed to see Vampire Weekend in Central Park today, but it's raining pretty bad and doesn't seem worth it at this point.

I'm so jealous you got to see SFA on this tour, onebloodonelife. I was travelling for work and missed them in several regional cities. They always put on a fantastic show.

I was also supposed to see Vampire Weekend in Central Park today, but it's raining pretty bad and doesn't seem worth it at this point.

:(

It was my first time seeing them, in a fairly small venue, and it was so much fun! Too bad you missed them this time around.

I missed out on Vampire Weekend when they were here too.

And, now I'm off to the Amos Lee concert! For once, a sunny day, perfect for an outdoor concert. :drool:

This Friday I'm going to see Dethklok/Chimera in Toronto, and in August I'm going to see Motorhead/Heaven & Hell (Dio/Sabbath)/Judas Priest/Testament also in Toronto.

Should be good for a laugh. A noisy laugh.

17th of May - Anti Flag (With State Radio and Blood or Whiskey)
25th of May - Bruce Springsteen
7th of June - Radiohead (With Bat for Lashes)

21st of June - KT Tunstall
28th of June - Morrissey (With New York Dolls)
11th-13th of July - Oxegen Festival (R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, Stereophonics, Interpol...)
7th of August - Backstreet Boys (With Girlicious)
15th of August - Radiohead (with Grizzly Bear)
27th of September - Amanda Palmer

19th of July, Camden NJ - Pearl Jam

My fiancee didn't know what to get me for a wedding present, and so I finally caved in and suggested this, which is actually what I wanted. I'm quite pleased with my present. :heart:

It's looking good that I'll be able to hit the road to see the Nels Cline Singers 7/16-19 in Columbia, Nashville, Knoxville, and Asheville.

I'll also be seeing Andrew Bird on 10/4 and possibly Billy Bragg on 10/18, both in my town.

So far, it's been quality over quantity:

Band of Horses -- Nashville, EXIT/IN
Black Mountain -- Asheville, Grey Eagle
Bruce Springsteen -- Cincinnati, US BANK CENTER
Raconteurs -- Cannery Ballroom
Bonnaroo

This week, it's Rothbury.

So far I am seeing Bruce again in August, and My Morning Jacket in August and October, and I hope the calendar will continue to fill up.

Andy, go see the Nels Cline Singers when they play at the Belcourt Theater on the 18th. They won't disappoint. If all goes according to plan, I'll be making my first trip to Nashville for that show.

Back
Top Bottom