Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw Rush on Thursday night and what can I say....:bow::bow:

June 18th - Alison Krauss and Robert Plant
August 6th- King Crimson

Seen this year so far:

1/13 - Elevation
4/29 - Duran Duran

Upcoming:

10/30 - Madonna
11/21 - New Kids on the Block (assuming we'll get tickets) :lol:

Hopefully I'll get to a festival or two this summer.

the summer slate

pearl jam - june 24th - madison square garden
pearl jam - june 25th - madison square garden
bruce springsteen & the e street band - july 31st - giants stadium

:hi5:

Like hi and stuff :flirt:

I am really hoping these Springsteen late summer dates are truth, because if they are I'll be seeing him early September in Ann Arbor. :pray:

I understand. :wink:

I still enjoy some spice girls from time to time. :shifty:

When I didn't get tickets to see them this year I was gutted :grumpy: I was only going to go see them to reminisce, ofcourse... :shifty: They were the soundtrack to my childhood!

I'm seeing Kylie in July, Madonna in August ( :hyper: ) and I'm going to V festival in August too. Amy Winehouse, The Veve, Siouxsie & the Banshees...loads of great bands there this year :up:

I understand. :wink:

I still enjoy some spice girls from time to time. :shifty:

I would totally see the Spice Girls if they toured within a two hour radius of my home. I practically worshipped those women when I was a kid. Remember the Spice Girls chewing gum? Every square centimetre of my bedroom door was covered with the stickers that came in the packaging. :reject:

I saw Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds last Sunday (May 25) here in Vienna, it was a great show, wild and loud.

Next: Bruce Springsteen in Germany, June 16 :)Pray: Please let me make it to this show ... I'm a little worried because of my health issues right now)

Alanis Morissette in Vienna, July 2.

R. E. M. in Berlin, July 14.

Coldplay in Vienna, September, 24 and in Munich, September, 26.

2008 is a great year in music. :D

Well, well, well...a month later and all of the above is coming together. :D

March 10 & 12 - my obscure musical love in Toronto :flirt:
April 29 - The Verve are coming! The Verve are coming!
May 8 - Radiohead in Atlanta! :dancing:
June 14 - R.E.M.
August 8 and 9 - All Points West/Radiohead - The announced line-up besides Radiohead is greatly disappointing but I cannot miss the boys locally. :)

Would have liked to have seen The Police again with Elvis Costello in what may possibly be The Police's last show ever at Jones Beach, but I'm going broke with all these shows on sale (except for REM) in the same month so I had to make the hard choice to pass it up. The ticket price and the fact that they left me a little unsatisfied when I saw them in August were the deciding factors... As for the rest, thank goodness for tax refunds... :wink:

Well, busy Spring on the concert front! Add to the above:

April 28 - Crowded House
May 30 - The Raconteurs
June 25 - Pearl Jam

I think that will probably be it until Fall , unless somebody I must see surprises me and/or I hit a free Summer show or two.

Well that wasn't it. :wink: Added since then...

June 29 - The Hold Steady (free show!)
July 3 - Coldplay (in Hartford, just picked that up today...I didn't win tix to the free MSG show, a good seat came up and I didn't want to wait for Jersey in October, I kinda dislike Continent...er, the Izod, anyway, and there's a 12:30AM bus so I don't have to stay overnight)
July 30 - Live
October 7 - Madonna (in the cheap seats)

I did toy once again with getting tix to (really this time) the last Police show at MSG on August 7 but again, I took a pass, guess I'm just not feeling it.

Already saw Kanye West 5/17 in Camden...

Coming up...
June 19 - Pearl Jam @ Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden
August 2 - Download Fest US feat. The Killers, Iggy Pop/The Stooges, and others @ Susquehanna

Rodrigo y Gabriela are finally coming to Miami! [Aug 13]
Maybe Modest Mouse at the end of the month!

I just realized that I could take an epic roadtrip to GA to see The Raconteurs and Okkervil River in the first week of October. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I got back last night from following the Nels Cline Singers' tour for a week. I saw them in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Ann Arbor, then came back east and headed up to Montreal. Along the way, I also caught Carla Bozulich's group Evangelista Saturday night, featuring Nels Cline and Devin Hoff.

It's looking like I might have two more shows to add to my calendar--Bob Dylan on August 19 and Xiu Xiu and Evangelista on August 25. What a great summer of shows for me :hyper:

Well that wasn't it. :wink: Added since then...

June 29 - The Hold Steady (free show!)
July 3 - Coldplay (in Hartford, just picked that up today...I didn't win tix to the free MSG show, a good seat came up and I didn't want to wait for Jersey in October, I kinda dislike Continent...er, the Izod, anyway, and there's a 12:30AM bus so I don't have to stay overnight)
July 30 - Live
October 7 - Madonna (in the cheap seats)

I did toy once again with getting tix to (really this time) the last Police show at MSG on August 7 but again, I took a pass, guess I'm just not feeling it.

Uh, make that August 2 now for the Coldplay, they've pushed back/canceled about three weeks of dates so far, I guess Chris & Co. are just now getting around to reading the PopMart cautionary chapter of their U2 Playbook. :wink: At least it works out better work-wise, and they should have worked out most of the kinks by then. :D

I will finally, after years of unsuccessful attempts, be seeing Supergrass later this summer.

VERY excited, and this new album is a lot better than the last one, which should make the show even better.

I have seen Bob Dylan, just couldn´t resist, and the tickets got cheaper on ebay a couple of hours before it started :p

Next: Lou Reed performing Berlin
later Massive Attack

and festival dates, dunno.. could be if they have the tickets I want:
Herbie Hancock, Rhoda Scott, Delinquent Habits, Sex Pistols, Iron Maiden, REM, Roisin Murphy, Alanis Morrisette, NY Ska Jazz Ensemble, Flogging Molly, Kaiser Chiefs, Jamiroquai, Die Ärzte, Mademoiselle K, Wombats, Babyshambles, The Killers, Kimani Marley, Lee Perry, Goran Bregovic, Mory Kante, Besh O Drom, Adam Green, Danko Jones

Back
Top Bottom