Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:

Oh my god. :ohmy: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

And that's just the first night. The general reaction over at Via Chicago was that it ranks among the best Wilco shows ever.

We'll probably be waiting to go in next week at this time :drool:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

And that's just the first night. The general reaction over at Via Chicago was that it ranks among the best Wilco shows ever.

:drool: :drool: :drool: Dear gawd.

Hope they don't burn themselves out in Chicago. :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Tuesday cannot get here soon enough.

VertigoGal said:
jose gonzalez, march 4, ATL
:)

^and potentially the athens stars show...:hmm:

i think he's going to be in asheville march 4? i think i'm going.

onebloodonelife said:
:drool: That's so awesome! I can't wait to see Explosions at the end of March. :rockon:

I assure you, you will not be disappointed. I was in the front row, between Munaf Rayani and Michael James. Best spot to be. Munaf is just fucking NUTS.

Axver said:

I assure you, you will not be disappointed. I was in the front row, between Munaf Rayani and Michael James. Best spot to be. Munaf is just fucking NUTS.

Yep, I've seen videos of them live, where Munaf is basically rolling around on the floor, stuff like that. Do you remember the setlist? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Catastrophe and the Cure" with Munaf on the extra snare at the end.

got_edge said:
Feb 29 -- José González; Miami, FL
Mar 22 -- Stars; Athens, GA
Apr 4 -- Tokyo Police Club w/Eagle*Seagull; Miami, FL
Apr 12 -- Iron & Wine w/Califone; Fort Lauderdale, FL
May 5 -- Radiohead; West Palm Beach, FL
Apr 26 -- Tapes 'n Tapes; St. Augustine
June 21 -- R.E.M. w/The National & Modest Mouse; Athens, GA
Add: SPOOOOOOOON, April 16th. Man, 2008 is going to be OFF THE HOOK.

onebloodonelife said:
Yep, I've seen videos of them live, where Munaf is basically rolling around on the floor, stuff like that. Do you remember the setlist? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "Catastrophe and the Cure" with Munaf on the extra snare at the end.

Yep, we got Catastrophe And The Cure - that was just awesome with Munaf on the snare. Our set was:

1. First Breath After Coma
2. Welcome, Ghosts
3. Greet Death
4. Your Hand In Mine
5. Memorial
6. The Moon Is Down
7. Catastrophe And The Cure
8. The Only Moment We Were Alone

They played for about 80 minutes. Pretty much the ideal setlist for me right there.

Axver said:

Yep, we got Catastrophe And The Cure - that was just awesome with Munaf on the snare. Our set was:

1. First Breath After Coma
2. Welcome, Ghosts
3. Greet Death
4. Your Hand In Mine
5. Memorial
6. The Moon Is Down
7. Catastrophe And The Cure
8. The Only Moment We Were Alone

They played for about 80 minutes. Pretty much the ideal setlist for me right there.

:shocked: That really is a perfect set! Greet Death (a favorite of mine), Your Hand in Mine (which they apparently don't play that often), Catastrophe and the Cure...just wow.

damn Don Caballero, they cancelled

but I have these two fests:

March 8: MX Beat Soundfest 2008

Beastie Boys, M.I.A., Cold War Kids, The Cribs, Digitalism, Cut Copy, Jarvis Cocker, LO-FI-FNK, The Teenagers, Shy Child, Instituto Mexicano Del Sonido, Todosantos, hello seahorse!, Playmovil Proyect, Gang Bang DJs

April 12: Coca-Cola Zero Fest

The Smashing Pumpkins, My Chemical Romance, Bright Eyes, The Mars Volta, The Faint, My Morning Jacket, Timo Maas, Kinky, Miranda, Belanova, Jumbo, Chetes, La Gusana Ciega, Austin tv, Quiero Club, División Minúscula, Le Baron

I think I'm going to sell my ticket for Bruce Springsteen in Rochester to put toward a trip to Chicago to see Nels Cline's jazz trio in June :reject:

Pop Artist said:
Slow start to the year for me...I have no shows yet.

But, I think it will pick up soon. I've got Radiohead penciled in...more than once (New York and a city TBD on the leg NY isn't on), and in dark pencil. :wink: This All Points West festival (which may turn out to be Radiohead's "NYC" show) is exciting me greatly, I'm hoping REM goes out on tour, even if the new album sucks, and I see that The Verve is playing Coachella...I hope they have some other U.S. gigs besides that!

Well, well, well...a month later and all of the above is coming together. :D

March 10 & 12 - my obscure musical love in Toronto :flirt:
April 29 - The Verve are coming! The Verve are coming! (pending ticket)
May 8 - Radiohead in Atlanta! :dancing:
June 14 - R.E.M. (pending ticket)
August 9 and/or 8 - All Points West/Radiohead - The announced line-up besides Radiohead is greatly disappointing but I cannot miss the boys locally. :) (pending ticket)

Would have liked to have seen The Police again with Elvis Costello in what may possibly be The Police's last show ever at Jones Beach, but I'm going broke with all these shows on sale (except for REM) in the same month so I had to make the hard choice to pass it up. The ticket price and the fact that they left me a little unsatisfied when I saw them in August were the deciding factors... As for the rest, thank goodness for tax refunds... :wink:

Last edited:
tickets for 2/28 steve earle are sitting on my desk, as the ticket for 3/15 dropkick murphys

probably 3/22 ducks boys

3/29 buddy guy, most likely

4/12 still haven't decided whether to go see the weakerthans or saul williams. i'm thinking saul williams...

IWasBored said:
tickets for 2/28 steve earle are sitting on my desk, as the ticket for 3/15 dropkick murphys

probably 3/22 ducks boys

3/29 buddy guy, most likely

4/12 still haven't decided whether to go see the weakerthans or saul williams. i'm thinking saul williams...

Who is this? :scratch: :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom