Your 2008 concert calendar - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #586
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
Went to four concerts in two weeks, have some others lined up, so it's time for a big update!

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam)
22 March: Silkstone & Voicst, Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party!)
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst (I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam (they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still.)
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam (an amazing show, the music Daniel Lanois can get out of just one guitar! And Brian Blade is an amazing drummer too)
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam (I had a great time, but I think this might be the last time I'm going to see him. He's moving in a direction I'm not really digging)
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (I had a great time. Saw lots of bands. Highlights were: The Ting Tings, The Flaming Lips, Claw Boys Claw, Franz Ferdinand, Police In Dub Experience, dEUS, and The Dresden Dolls. And no, Voicst did not play here, they were at Sziget.)
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (saw full sets by Voist, Gram, Gem plus some good stuff by Pete Philly & Perquisite and Mogwai and some others. Kate Nash was disappointing.)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam (still, what an artist!)
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam (good concert, seats weren't too bad either)
8 October: Hautekiet en De Leeuw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (Rick de Leeuw is back!)
11 October: Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam (first night of their fall tour, they're getting better and better)

Concerts in the future:
20 November: Voicst, Tivoli, Utrecht (I lost count of Voicst this year, but this will be my first concert in Tivoli this year)
7 December: dEUS, 013, Tilburg
12 December: Krezip, Watt, Rotterdam
27 December: Claw Boys Claw, Melkweg, Amsterdam

And I might see Gem somewhere in November (in Heerlen of all places). And maybe The Swell Season too!
I even have some concerts already planned in 2009!
Whoops! Haven't updated this for a while. So to prevent this list from getting even more outdated, here's the most recent situation:

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam)
22 March: Silkstone ( ) & Voicst ( ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst ( I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam ( they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still. )
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam (an amazing show, the music Daniel Lanois can get out of just one guitar! And Brian Blade is an amazing drummer too)
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam (I had a great time, but I think this might be the last time I'm going to see him. He's moving in a direction I'm not really digging)
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (I had a great time. Saw lots of bands. Highlights were: The Ting Tings, The Flaming Lips, Claw Boys Claw, Franz Ferdinand, Police In Dub Experience, dEUS, and The Dresden Dolls. And no, Voicst did not play here, they were at Sziget.)
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (saw full sets by Voist, Gram, Gem plus some good stuff by Pete Philly & Perquisite and Mogwai and some others. Kate Nash was disappointing.)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam (still , what an artist!)
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam (good concert, seats weren't too bad either)
8 October: Hautekiet en De Leeuw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (Rick de Leeuw is back!)
11 October: Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam (first night of their fall tour, they're getting better and better)
6 November: Gem, De Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (yep, Heerlen, of all places. Small venue, good music, nice band)
20 November: Voicst, Tivoli, Utrecht (another winner, with the show ending with a stage invasion! Yep, I got onstage too )
7 December: dEUS, 013, Tilburg (again quite magical in moments, just like their Lowlands gig)
12 December: Krezip, Watt, Rotterdam (good, not great, but since they are on their farewell tour, it was nice to catch them before they're gone)

Concerts in the future:
20 & 21 December: Het Weekend van het Kippevel festival, Ekko, Utrecht (The Weekend Of The Goosebumps, a small festival including Johan and Roosbeef)
27 December: Claw Boys Claw, Melkweg, Amsterdam

Sadly, I missed the concert by The Swell Season. Couldn't make it (nor had any tickets for the gig)

Tags
concert calendar