Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
17th of May - Anti Flag (With State Radio and Blood or Whiskey)
25th of May - Bruce Springsteen
7th of June - Radiohead (With Bat for Lashes)
21st of June - KT Tunstall
28th of June - Morrissey (With New York Dolls and Noise is the Best Revenge)
11th-13th of July - Oxegen Festival (R.E.M, The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, Stereophonics, Interpol, Amy Winehouse, Battles, God is An Astronaut, Cat Power, Kaiser Chiefs...etc.)
7th of August - Backstreet Boys (With Girlicious)
9th of August - Amanda Palmer (With Vermillion Lies)
15th of August - Radiohead (with Grizzly Bear)
27th of September - Amanda Palmer (With Zoe Keating and Jason Webley)

7th of November - Stereophonics
9th of November - The Wombats

I think we need to start a 2009 thread soon... :) Anyway I just picked up a ticket to The Killers on January 25, 2009 in a rare January show, normally I am off the concert trail December until at least March (and usually March/April too) in non-U2 years as other people I like tend not to tour then.

My November schedule:

Nov. 1st Stars and Hey Rosetta!
Nov. 2nd Stars and Hey Rosetta!
Nov. 7th Feist and Hayden
Nov. 12th Joel Plaskett Emergency
Nov. 19th Coldplay
:hyper:

I would be willing to do a lot of very illegal things to see Bloc Party in concert.

:ohmy:

:wink:

Yeah, but I've already seen them 5 times in concert (twice this year alone), so I'm definitely not deprived.

Plus, it's not going to be a Blochead only crowd, so those shows are always a bit harder b/c not everyone is into them as much as their serious fans.

I'm still undecided. I would LOVE to hear 'Ares' and 'Ion Square' live. :drool: That would just be off the hook!!!!! :rockon:

I'm considering extending my 2008 season to one more show: Indie 103.1 FM's "Wreck The Halls" with Black Kids, CSS, Bloc Party and The Pretenders.

Not sure yet, but I like 3 out of 4 of those bands and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the other one! :wink:

Oooh, that is a nice show. Too bad I'm all the way on the other coast, otherwise I'd extend my 2008 season too and go to that one.

My 2008 season ended, for all intents and purposes, with The Decemberists this past Wednesday (I had a ticket to the Hold Steady last night but I just wasn't into going and sold it), although I will probably go see a music pal play on an upcoming trip (if he'd just say what he was doing!) and my 2009 season will be off to an early start. :)

rev. horton heat tomorrow.

:hmm: i'm not sure whether it's in massachusetts or rhode island. i should probably find out, huh?

I'm seeing Of Montreal on Monday (17th). Saw them last year and loved their live show. I've only heard the new album all the way through once, and don't exactly love it, but I couldn't pass on seeing them again.

Seeing Coldplay on Sat. as well (22nd).

rev. horton heat tomorrow.

:hmm: i'm not sure whether it's in massachusetts or rhode island. i should probably find out, huh?

it was in rhode island, and i'm back to swearing i'll never go to another show in that town again if i have to be anywhere before noon the next day. i can't leave early, but shows never end until well after 1 and it's still a 2 hour drive home.

good show, though. :up: rev was good, reckless kelly was good, nashville pussy was bad (but i knew they'd suck). decent enough show.

three left this year. kind of bummed out i missed the big ska show in foxboro on saturday, or the mustard plug and toasters shows in connecticut: 1) ducky boys/far from finished/pinkerton thugs/some other bands dec 14th at harper's ferry in allston 2) mark lind and some other people at tt the bear's in cambridge--this one is the day before thanksgiving, i believe. 3) mighty mighty bosstones 12/26 at the middle east in cambridge, for the first night of the hometown throwdown

looking ahead to 2009: jan 4th glasvegas at great scott in allston, big bad bollocks at the iron horse in northampton on march 14th

Went to four concerts in two weeks, have some others lined up, so it's time for a big update!

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam)
22 March: Silkstone & Voicst, Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party!)
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst (I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam (they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still.)
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam (an amazing show, the music Daniel Lanois can get out of just one guitar! And Brian Blade is an amazing drummer too)
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam (I had a great time, but I think this might be the last time I'm going to see him. He's moving in a direction I'm not really digging)
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (I had a great time. Saw lots of bands. Highlights were: The Ting Tings, The Flaming Lips, Claw Boys Claw, Franz Ferdinand, Police In Dub Experience, dEUS, and The Dresden Dolls. And no, Voicst did not play here, they were at Sziget.)
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (saw full sets by Voist, Gram, Gem plus some good stuff by Pete Philly & Perquisite and Mogwai and some others. Kate Nash was disappointing.)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam (still, what an artist!)
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam (good concert, seats weren't too bad either)
8 October: Hautekiet en De Leeuw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (Rick de Leeuw is back!)
11 October: Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam (first night of their fall tour, they're getting better and better)

Concerts in the future:
20 November: Voicst, Tivoli, Utrecht (I lost count of Voicst this year, but this will be my first concert in Tivoli this year)
7 December: dEUS, 013, Tilburg
12 December: Krezip, Watt, Rotterdam
27 December: Claw Boys Claw, Melkweg, Amsterdam

And I might see Gem somewhere in November (in Heerlen of all places). And maybe The Swell Season too!
I even have some concerts already planned in 2009!

Whoops! Haven't updated this for a while. So to prevent this list from getting even more outdated, here's the most recent situation:

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at MySpace.com - Voicst - Amsterdam)
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst :)shifty: I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)
29 June: Voicst, Vondelpark, Amsterdam (a free acoustic show in the outdoor theatre at the Vondelpark)
6 July: Metropolis Festival, Zuiderpark, Rotterdam (free festival, saw Voicst again)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam :)bow: they were amazing! Sure, it was a pure nostalgia fest with 90% of the songs from their '80s heyday and just a few from their 2000 reunion album, but still. :bow: )
2 August: Daniel Lanois & Brian Blade, Paradiso, Amsterdam (an amazing show, the music Daniel Lanois can get out of just one guitar! :faint: And Brian Blade is an amazing drummer too)
14 August: Michael Franti & Spearhead, Paradiso, Amsterdam (I had a great time, but I think this might be the last time I'm going to see him. He's moving in a direction I'm not really digging)
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (I had a great time. Saw lots of bands. Highlights were: The Ting Tings, The Flaming Lips, Claw Boys Claw, Franz Ferdinand, Police In Dub Experience, dEUS, and The Dresden Dolls. And no, Voicst did not play here, they were at Sziget.)
30 August: Festival De Beschaving, Utrecht (saw full sets by Voist, Gram, Gem plus some good stuff by Pete Philly & Perquisite and Mogwai and some others. Kate Nash was disappointing.)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam (still :drool: , what an artist!)
2 October: Coldplay, Ahoy, Rotterdam (good concert, seats weren't too bad either)
8 October: Hautekiet en De Leeuw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (Rick de Leeuw is back!)
11 October: Voicst, Paradiso, Amsterdam (first night of their fall tour, they're getting better and better)
6 November: Gem, De Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (yep, Heerlen, of all places. Small venue, good music, nice band)
20 November: Voicst, Tivoli, Utrecht (another winner, with the show ending with a stage invasion! Yep, I got onstage too :D)
7 December: dEUS, 013, Tilburg (again quite magical in moments, just like their Lowlands gig)
12 December: Krezip, Watt, Rotterdam (good, not great, but since they are on their farewell tour, it was nice to catch them before they're gone)

Concerts in the future:
20 & 21 December: Het Weekend van het Kippevel festival, Ekko, Utrecht (The Weekend Of The Goosebumps, a small festival including Johan and Roosbeef)
27 December: Claw Boys Claw, Melkweg, Amsterdam

Sadly, I missed the concert by The Swell Season. Couldn't make it (nor had any tickets for the gig)

Back
Top Bottom