Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far just these:

3.30- B.B. King
4.25- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Jack In The Box said:

amazing live band, I'm sure you are going to enjoy that gig

if you catch 65dos, take some pics, please!

Yeah, I'm really excited about Explosions. I've wanted to see them for ages. Really hope that I don't end up having to miss it for work.

If 65dos are still playing, I'll definitely get some for you if they allow cameras.

when EITS visited Mexico, Rayani ended with a bleeding hand in their gig in Guadalajara :drool: they play hard!

and I will appreciate those 65dos pics forever :sexywink:

I thought in USA cameras were always allowed

Jack In The Box said:

February: Don Caballero

March: MXBeat; Mexico City... M.I.A./Cut Copy/The Cribs/and more to confirm, there are so many names floating around like... Broken Social Scene, Battles and The Go! Team

add:

January: DJ Tiësto

Aardvark747 said:
Iron Maiden @ Twickenham Stadium in June
Nightwish @ London Meanfiddler
and Neil Young if he gets himself over to the UK at some point!!!

Just booked Neil Young for next March in Hammersmith and Springsteen in May on his stadium tour!:drool:

onebloodonelife said:
December 31st/January 1st: The Flaming Lips--It's New Year's Eve in their hometown :hyper:
March 16th: Bruce Springsteen

February 16th: Super Furry Animals

The Cure (March 4)
Editors (April 2)
Mark Knopfler (April 4)
Radiohead (June 12) - Barcelona (hopefully)
Radiohead (June 16) - Milan
Radiohead (June 17) - Milan
Iron Maiden (July 9)
Rage Against the Machine (July 10)
Ben Harper (July 12)

amazing. :drool:

So I said "what the hell" and am going to Explosions in the Sky even though I've nobody to go with. Thus, my current gig list:

29 January: Dream Theater, Festival Hall, Melbourne
16 February: Explosions in the Sky supported by Eluvium, Corner Hotel, Melbourne

Now, anyone here know if Built To Spill are good live? I've recently started to quite enjoy You In Reverse, but I don't know too much of their previous material. They're playing at the East Brunswick Club on 1 January and I'm not sure whether to go or not. Are they worth $46 and a 30 minute walk home?

Axver said:
So I said "what the hell" and am going to Explosions in the Sky even though I've nobody to go with. Thus, my current gig list:

That's like me with Ian Brown. I can't get straight answers from my crew as to whether they reckon he's worth $70, so I'm just gonna say fuck ya's all and go on me own........

Axver said:
So I said "what the hell" and am going to Explosions in the Sky even though I've nobody to go with.

:hi5: That's the way to do it. I go to the majority of my concerts alone. I don't have to worry about my friends having fun, and I meet lots of new people. :)

onebloodonelife said:

December 31st/January 1st: The Flaming Lips :hyper:
February 16th: Super Furry Animals
March 16th: Bruce Springsteen

Add Bob Saget on April 11th. Can't wait for it, he's an extremely dirty stand up performer, so seeing "Danny Tanner" do such things will be amazing :lol:

martha said:
Good for you! Never wait for someone to go with you. You'll miss good shows just waiting around for others.

This year rather brutally taught me that lesson. Arcturus were playing here and I had nobody to go with. I tried to rationalise it: Garm sings on my favourite albums while their current singer was ICS Vortex (who I also like, but not as much), and I don't really know their new album. Then a few days after the gig, I learnt that ICS Vortex walked on stage and announced "Welcome to the last Arcturus gig. Ever." A few days later, the band officially announced that they had broken up. That sucked so much.

So finances permitting, I'm going to make a point of not missing gigs. Maybe I'll even meet some cool people with similar tastes ...

Axver said:

This year rather brutally taught me that lesson. Arcturus were playing here and I had nobody to go with. I tried to rationalise it: Garm sings on my favourite albums while their current singer was ICS Vortex (who I also like, but not as much), and I don't really know their new album. Then a few days after the gig, I learnt that ICS Vortex walked on stage and announced "Welcome to the last Arcturus gig. Ever." A few days later, the band officially announced that they had broken up. That sucked so much.

So finances permitting, I'm going to make a point of not missing gigs. Maybe I'll even meet some cool people with similar tastes ...

:hug:

Before you know it, you'll be traveling alone as well. :shifty:

:lol: Already travelled alone when U2 came. And I'll do it again if Porcupine Tree's possible 2008 Aussie tour materialises. They better come! That'd make my year, and make up for the whole Arcturus thing.

Great, another thing I need as an addiction...already have tattoos and going to concerts :lol:

Axver said:
So I said "what the hell" and am going to Explosions in the Sky even though I've nobody to go with.

I went to EITS alone, it was great, I knew a nice girl and enjoyed a lot...

16 February: Explosions in the Sky supported by Eluvium, Corner Hotel, Melbourne

I hate you :)

Canadiens1160 said:
Only one so far, but I am so fucking pumped it's not even funny. Arcade Fire may do a winter/spring '08 Canadian tour.

Code:
21.01.2008..........Peter Bjorn and John
??.??.2008..........Arcade Fire

Canadian tour? :hmm: I wonder if that would include Atlantic Canada. Hell, if Feist could come here...

Back
Top Bottom