Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw Bjork/Ratatat/MSTRKRFT/et. al. yesterday, I don't think any concert in 2008 will be better, but still, for now I have:

February: Don Caballero

March: MXBeat; Mexico City... M.I.A./Cut Copy/The Cribs/and more to confirm, there are so many names floating around like... Broken Social Scene, Battles and The Go! Team

the girl is just fantastic, it was an awesome night

first Ratatat attacked us with their electro-rock, and the sound was grear

then Björk... really, there are no words for her show

and MSTRKRFT, I enjoyed those guys so much, they stole my heart

Jay Jay Johanson and Cluade Vonstroke were nice surprises, I didn't know them

Hopefully The Police...when they finally reschedule their Philly date!
Van Halen?
AC/DC
R.E.M.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
Wilco in Philadelphia, Feb. 23rd
Springsteen in Rochester, March 6th

2008 is off to a very good start for me :drool:

I did actually manage to get a Wilco ticket, which I was worried about. John Doe (former X front man) is opening for that show.

I've got GA for Bruce and 12th rown for Wilco, so I'm going to be up close and personal. It will make both of these trips even more worth it!

bono_man2002 said:
AC/DC are going on tour again?

AC/DC are still alive?

Hey, do you want to see Explosions In The Sky? :wink: I've no-one to go with at this stage. :(

Axver said:

AC/DC are still alive?

Hey, do you want to see Explosions In The Sky? :wink: I've no-one to go with at this stage. :(

:lol:

I know very little about Explosions In The Sky....and with the amount of Musical box sets (Radiohead, Split Enz and Pink Floyd....not forgetting The Joshua Tree)...I'm going to be a little tight for cash.

Gimme an Album to download and I'll check 'em out....oh and how much are tickets?

bono_man2002 said:

I know very little about Explosions In The Sky....and with the amount of Musical box sets (Radiohead, Split Enz and Pink Floyd....not forgetting The Joshua Tree)...I'm going to be a little tight for cash.

Gimme an Album to download and I'll check 'em out....oh and how much are tickets?

They're pretty good post-rock, really nice soundscapes, and as I'm sure impy will attest given his earlier post, they have a good live reputation.

They're playing The Corner Hotel on 16/02 and are $39 + booking fee. The Corner Hotel's website claims that tickets are selling fast. You ever been to a gig there? I've no idea what it's like.

Only one so far, but I am so fucking pumped it's not even funny. Arcade Fire may do a winter/spring '08 Canadian tour.

Code:
21.01.2008..........Peter Bjorn and John
??.??.2008..........Arcade Fire

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:

Any interest at all?

bono_man2002 said:

Hmmm, I'm going to say no.

Off Topic, and I haven't read the rest of this thread....but are you going to Dream Theater?

Aww, damn. Can't decide if I want to go alone or not. Maybe I can find someone else.

And hell yes, definitely going to DT. I think I e-mailed you back when the shows were announced but didn't hear back from you. Are you going?

Axver said:

Aww, damn. Can't decide if I want to go alone or not. Maybe I can find someone else.

And hell yes, definitely going to DT. I think I e-mailed you back when the shows were announced but didn't hear back from you. Are you going?

Hehe, I barely check any of my e-mail accounts these days. But, Nope I'm not going to Dream Theater.

Actually I think next year will see me going to less shows. I want to save up a bit of money, and will be thinking of getting out of home soon.

bono_man2002 said:
Hehe, I barely check any of my e-mail accounts these days. But, Nope I'm not going to Dream Theater.

Actually I think next year will see me going to less shows. I want to save up a bit of money, and will be thinking of getting out of home soon.

Heh, I guessed as much. I got pretty sweet seats to DT. I'd have bought a ticket already to EITS if it were seated; I don't mind going by myself if I can have a seat. Standing around by myself isn't so fun though.

Personally, I plan to go to more gigs. I've only seen two this year. I feel deprived.

BonoManiac said:

Oh? Really? That's great! I'm so there! :rockon:
Let's hope they're up for it.....more wandering around the Plateau at 3am, anyone? At least Rapido makes good poutine.

bono_man2002 said:

Go! You'd be crazy not to. They're one of the best live acts presently. I saw them in April and November this year and they blew me away both times.

I really hope they announce a 2008 date here. We live in the same town, you'd think it'd be a good possibility.

Last edited:
These are my hopefuls. Already have tickets to The Cure.

Jan 17 - Sea Wolf
Feb 27 - Built to Spill
Mar 24 - Explosions in the Sky
May 23 - The Cure (hopefully 65daysofstatic still opens)

u2popmofo said:
These are my hopefuls. Already have tickets to The Cure.

Jan 17 - Sea Wolf
Feb 27 - Built to Spill
Mar 24 - Explosions in the Sky
May 23 - The Cure (hopefully 65daysofstatic still opens)

Add:

Mar 6 - A Place To Bury Strangers (w/ Holy F*ck)

Back
Top Bottom