Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far have seen Wilco, Elbow and Eisley here in Chicago.

Coming up are Crowded House, Radiohead in St Louis, The Police, REM, Rush, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and all three days of Lollapalooza.

The current schedule is:
June 5th: R.E.M. (St. Paul)
June 6th: R.E.M. at the United Center (Chicago)

Past shows:
The Flaming Lips: December 31st/January 1st
February 15th: Super Furry Animals
March 16th: Bruce Springsteen
March 30th: Explosions in the Sky (in Milwaukee)
April 11th: Bob Saget
April 15th: Anti-Flag

Update:
Robin Williams tomorrow night! :hyper:

He's coming to Minneapolis for a three night thing to prepare for his Vegas show at the end of the month. It's at this little 300 person comedy club, so it's basically going to be mind-blowing.

IWasBored said:
tickets for 2/28 steve earle are sitting on my desk, as the ticket for 3/15 dropkick murphys

well, i went to those shows, along with the briggs/street dogs/anti-flag/fake problems this past friday (although i left before anti-flag's set)

probably 3/22 ducks boys

:huh: totally forgot to go to that.

3/29 buddy guy, most likely

missed that one :grumpy:

4/12 still haven't decided whether to go see the weakerthans or saul williams. i'm thinking saul williams...

missed both of them. :down:

u2popmofo: a big time ho

i was going to say how did i not see this...but then i remembered...

i swear i read tiger army was coming to mass. sometime in the recent...recent-ness.

8/8 rancid (NIN will be in worcster as well that night, but i'll go see rancid instead. why does that always happen?)

IWasBored said:

i swear i read tiger army was coming to mass. sometime in the recent...recent-ness.

Yup!

May 13, 2008 at Middle East Restaurant & Nightclub
472 Massachusetts Ave, CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts 02139
Cost : $15

I guess I can update my list now too

July 5th - Hootenanny w/ Mike Ness, Tiger Army, Cadillac Tramps, etc.

No spoken words said:
So far have seen Wilco, Elbow and Eisley here in Chicago.

Coming up are Crowded House, Radiohead in St Louis, The Police, REM, Rush, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and all three days of Lollapalooza.
I just saw Alison Krauss and Union Station on HDNET channel a few weeks ago and it was an a amazing show and what she had to say in between songs was so charming and funny, sorry I sound like a dork.

Bono's American Wife said:

Yup!

May 13, 2008 at Middle East Restaurant & Nightclub
472 Massachusetts Ave, CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts 02139
Cost : $15

I guess I can update my list now too

July 5th - Hootenanny w/ Mike Ness, Tiger Army, Cadillac Tramps, etc.

i'm still pissed ness isn't coming to boston. :mad:

shit, the 13th? i'm working. that sucks.

Two more Nels Cline Singers dates for me--June 4 in Indianapolis and June 8 in Montreal (w/ Scarnella).

I really do have more varied musical interests than Wilco and Nels Cline. It just doesn't seem like it this year :wink:

I just got back from the David Allan Coe concert, it was fun, we went with our friends and i got some kind of necklace that blinks :crazy: and had a designated driver thank goodness. But i would like to know where was Dr. guitar player, he wasn't there.

I went to this place and it was fun, alot of dancing and maybe single meetings i don't know i've been married 25 years

Last edited:
So far:

2/18 Foo Fighters
4/5 Explosions in the Sky
4/27 Eisley

June 13th R.E.M.
August 13th Radiohead

Hopefully Pearl Jam, Coldplay and MMJ as well.

Popmartijn said:
In the end, I didn't go to the Arid concert (long story, but my concert buddy bailed out and as she was the bigger fan I didn't really felt the need to see them. Fortunately, I could sell the tickets). To make up for it, I did see Voicst yet another time (4th time this year already! :ohmy: This is getting into U2 Tour territory :) ).

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at http://www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )

Concerts in the future:
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (probably, can't refuse going to a concert with fellow Interferencers in your backyard)
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam
15 to 18 August, Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (haven't got a ticket yet, but will buy soon)

It looks like I won't be able to go to many concerts for the rest of the year, as I'll be working (and staying) far from concert hotspots like Amsterdam and Utrecht.

This is really turning out to be another good concert year. An update:

Concerts in the past:
24 January: Voicst, De Helling, Utrecht :bow:
6 February: Voicst, Ekko, Utrecht (acoustic showcase)
8 February: Voicst, So What, Gouda (check them out at http://www.myspace.com/voicst)
22 March: Silkstone ( :down: ) & Voicst ( :up: ), Studio 31, Hilversum
28 March: Claw Boys Claw, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a wild party! :up: )
5 May: Bevrijdings (Liberation) Festival, Utrecht. The main act I saw was Voicst :)shifty: I'm seeing a trend this year)
9 May: The Paper Chase, dB Studios, Utrecht (went there with Rono and ABEL!)

Concerts in the future:
12 July: Doe Maar, Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam
15 to 18 August: Lowlands festival, Biddinghuizen (finally bit the bullet and got a ticket)
27 September: Emmylou Harris, Carré, Amsterdam :drool:

powerhour24 said:
So far:

2/18 Foo Fighters
4/27 Eisley

June 13th R.E.M.
August 13th Radiohead

Hopefully Pearl Jam, Coldplay and MMJ as well.

Before I heard that this reunion tour was a last hurray I wasn't going to rush to another Police show (not that they weren't amazing last fall) but now I'm gonna grab some lawn tickets to their Tweeter Center show since they'll never be back.

OK, I've found out about a lot this weekend.

2/18 Foo Fighters
4/27 Eisley

June 13th R.E.M.
July 31st The Police
August 13th Radiohead
September 6th MMJ
September 7th Ryan Adams :drool:

Looking to grab tickets to Coldplay this weekend (or score MSG tickets), scrounging for PJ, and considering going to the Virgin Festival in Baltimore.

Last edited:
I recently got tix for REM at Jones Beach on Long Island for 6/14. I've seen them twice at MSG, but never at The Beach. Should be a blast.

I was supposed to see Robyn this Wednesday, but it's been postponed until August.

I hope "August" doesn't mean "the week I'm out of state." :grumpy:

Friday: Los Campesinos, Black Cat, D.C.

June: R.E.M./Modest Mouse/The National, Madison Square Garden
Steely Dan, Beacon Theatre, NYC
July: Gnarls Barkley/Youssou N'Dour/Deerhoof, Hollywood Bowl
August: Radiohead, Hollywood Bowl
September: Beck/Spoon, Hollywood Bowl

Bob Dylan :rockon:

Totally cool...I feel like a geek, but he was so impressive up close. He was so passionate, looking up with an occasional wry smile, and rocking more than expected. Great show...I'd see him again in a heartbeat.

Bob Dylan :rockon:

Totally cool...I feel like a geek, but he was so impressive up close. He was so passionate, looking up with an occasional wry smile, and rocking more than expected. Great show...I'd see him again in a heartbeat.

Lucky. :sigh: I was supposed to be at that show...

Back
Top Bottom