Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
17th of May - Anti Flag (With State Radio and Blood or Whiskey)
25th of May - Bruce Springsteen
7th of June - Radiohead (with Bat for Lashes)
21st of June - KT Tunstall
11th-13th of July - Oxegen Festival (R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, Stereophonics, Interpol..._)

Got my first concert tickets for the year, John Mayer, July 27th at Verizon in Irvine. I've ended up with quite a few comedy shows this year as opposed to concerts:

Ricky Gervais July 12th at the Kodak Theater
Eddie Izzard Aug. 9th at the Kodak Theater
Jim Gaffigan Nov 8th at the Wiltern

Zootlesque said:

I'm seeing him too! :yippie: Is this your first time? It IS mine. :yippie:

This will be my second time seeing his solo act (I saw Circle like eight years ago or something). I also saw him last fall in the staged reading of Eric Idle's play (amazing night). He is so completely fantastic live, your stomach will hurt, tears will be streaming down your face and you will lose your voice from laughing so much.

:yippie:

dsmith2904 said:

This will be my second time seeing his solo act (I saw Circle like eight years ago or something). I also saw him last fall in the staged reading of Eric Idle's play (amazing night). He is so completely fantastic live, your stomach will hurt, tears will be streaming down your face and you will lose your voice from laughing so much.

:yippie:

I cannot wait! I have all his dvds (well except for Definite Article and Circle) but they stopped releasing them in the US for some reason. Sexie never came out. :slant:

one4u2 said:
Bon Jovis ending their tour in NY in July I may have to sell a limb and get tickets :happy:

Heyyy u seeing Duran Duran in Central Park next month? GA tix are still available! :ohmy: I'm debating on whether to go. :hmm:

Imagine if you sell that awesome car of yours what shows you could take me to, albeit by subway. :tongue: :lol:

Why are there no concert buddies for me on the west coast? :sad:

Lila64 said:
Imagine if you sell that awesome car of yours what shows you could take me to, albeit by subway. :tongue: :lol:

Why are there no concert buddies for me on the west coast? :sad:

:laugh:

We've discussed before that you must relocate so we can do some major concert events but we would be broke instantly as I am now :wink:

p.s it's a lease:shifty:

one4u2 said:

:laugh:

We've discussed before that you must relocate so we can do some major concert events but we would be broke instantly as I am now :wink:

p.s it's a lease:shifty:

i agree too, she MUST RELOCATE! :D Anywhere between Maryland and New York....!

:hmm:

You forget I have lovely weather here year round. That's got to count for something? I almost had to beg someone to buy my extra Eddie Vedder ticket! Luckily a friend of a friend bought it off me earlier in the week. Then the first person I had originally offered it to asked me about it last night. Ya snooze, ya lose :shrug:

My list isn't so long this year...last year I went to eleventy billion concerts

3/1 - Chevelle
4/26 - The Fall of Troy
6/14 - Death Cab for Cutie

aaand hopefully Lollapalooza...that will be my big concert event for the year...so many amazing bands :drool:

The current schedule is:
April 11th: Bob Saget
April 15th: Anti-Flag
June 6th: R.E.M. at the United Center (Chicago)

Past shows:
The Flaming Lips: December 31st/January 1st
February 15th: Super Furry Animals
March 16th: Bruce Springsteen
March 30th: Explosions in the Sky (in Milwaukee)

Update:
May 27th: Jeremy Enigk
August 1-3rd: Lollapalooza (possibly)

AtomicBono said:
My list isn't so long this year...last year I went to eleventy billion concerts

3/1 - Chevelle
4/26 - The Fall of Troy
6/14 - Death Cab for Cutie

aaand hopefully Lollapalooza...that will be my big concert event for the year...so many amazing bands :drool:

Kinda wish I opted to travel for Lollapalooza (my sister lives in Chicago so no problem with a place to stay) instead of staying local for All Points West...way better lineup and I would still get my Radiohead fix. I'll get there eventually!

17th of May - Anti Flag (With State Radio and Blood or Whiskey)
25th of May - Bruce Springsteen
7th of June - Radiohead (with Bat for Lashes)
21st of June - KT Tunstall
11th-13th of July - Oxegen Festival (R.E.M., The Verve, Rage Against the Machine, Stereophonics, Interpol...)
15th of August - Radiohead (with Grizzly Bear)

Zoots, I don't know if you've decided yet or not, but allow me to throw in my hat on the subject:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT!

Back
Top Bottom