Your 2008 concert calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
REM Jun 19th MSG :love:
Eddie Izzard Jun 28 Radio City Music Hall :drool:

I also want to see Pearl Jam again but holding out to see if more dates appear. Or else there is always lawn seats at Camden, which seem to eternally be available! :lol:

George Michael.... not gonna happen :( Ticketbastard scalping :mad:

kellyahern said:
Besides Bruuuuuuce in 2 weeks, just added Pearl Jam for June 12th.

I'm glad I saw your post Pop Artist, I didn't even know they were touring again :reject:.

Now if only R.E.M. would add more dates . . .

You're welcome! I wasn't even expecting PJ to tour soon either, especially since Eddie is doing solo shows. Not sure what their agenda on these dates are (road test songs, political or just for the heck of it) but hey. :D

Zootlesque said:
REM Jun 19th MSG :love:
Eddie Izzard Jun 28 Radio City Music Hall :drool:

I also want to see Pearl Jam again but holding out to see if more dates appear. Or else there is always lawn seats at Camden, which seem to eternally be available! :lol:

George Michael.... not gonna happen :( Ticketbastard scalping :mad:

It's too bad you're not from the Midwest, George Michael tickets are still up for St. Paul, awesome lower levels ($175 though :yikes: ) and even really good uppers ($50).

onebloodonelife said:

It's too bad you're not from the Midwest, George Michael tickets are still up for St. Paul, awesome lower levels ($175 though :yikes: ) and even really good uppers ($50).

NY/NJ venues always get sold out very fast! :sigh:

Zootlesque said:

NY/NJ venues always get sold out very fast! :sigh:

I bet! And, I have a feeling that the Midwesterners aren't so understanding of Mr. Michael's lifestyle. :| I can't see a ton of them going out to see him live.

onebloodonelife said:
And, I have a feeling that the Midwesterners aren't so understanding of Mr. Michael's lifestyle. :|

Yeah probably. Man, it's like Murphy's law... something is available in plenty only where there is not much interest! :down:

Just bought Tom Petty tix too! :hyper: I'm on a roll here. Pearl Jam next... thinking about Bruce too. :hmm:

onebloodonelife said:

:wink:
For reals, dooooooooo it!

Bruce and the E Street Band.

Seriously, that's a no brainer.

Unless you have to travel a long ways, then I could see having maybe to think about it :wink:

but if it's close, definitely doooooooooooo it.

Bruce by himself is like good ice cream.

Bruce with the E Street Band is like premium ice cream with really good fudge, sprinkles, peanuts, and a cherry on top :)

kellyahern said:

Bruce and the E Street Band.

Seriously, that's a no brainer.

Unless you have to travel a long ways, then I could see having maybe to think about it :wink:

but if it's close, definitely doooooooooooo it.

Bruce by himself is like good ice cream.

Bruce with the E Street Band is like premium ice cream with really good fudge, sprinkles, peanuts, and a cherry on top :)

You forgot the whipped cream :wink:

DO IT!!!!

I can't think of a better way to spend $500.

Unless it's hookers and blow, man. That's really the best way to spend $500.

:wink:

Zootlesque said:
:lol:

I'm gonna end up spending like 500 bucks just in concerts this summer! :scream:

:shrug:

It's not like you're blowing $500 on shitty bands...

I saw Bruce and the E Street Band TWICE in the past 4 months (I know, compared to some superfans, that's nothing, but whatever), about $230 or so, since both times were GA tickets. That's on top of the other concerts I've seen this year. Examples: Saw the Flaming Lips on New Year's Eve, ticket was $15, but plane was $330, just saw Explosions in the Sky, ticket was $15, bus ticket was $100.

If you love (or even just like, in the case of Bruce) the music, don't worry about the money.

And it's not like you're spending $500 in the summer. You're spending $500 now and by the time the summer rolls around, most of it will be paid for :wink:

Unless you're putting in on a credit card and then . . . well, just view it as you're helping a sluggish economy :shifty:

Okay.... let's do some accounts, shall we? (SNL church lady voice)

Tom Petty 6/18 $72.45
REM 6/19 $83.60
Eddie Izzard $66.42

And then I'm gonna get Pearl Jam tix this friday...

Pearl Jam 6/25 $100 (roughly, assuming I'm lucky enough to get GA)
Bruce Springsteen 7/31 $78.20
The Unforgettable Fire 5/3 $30

All prices include ticketbastard fuck me in the ass charges! :mad:

Okay so total = $430.67

This is of course provided I don't see anyone else. Looks like a fun summer! :yippie:

The OOTS said:
Just purchased:

REM (w/ Modest Mouse and The National) - May 31st in Berkeley

I haven't seen REM in 20 years. It's been since the Green tour. :ohmy:

I just scored 4th Row Center tickets to REM June 1st in Berkeley. I lucked out on TM when they added a second show. Woohoo!

Hopefully, I'll be able to rid myself of Saturday night's tickets. Face value of course!!

martha said:

martha said:

martha said:

I'm officially envious of you all! :mad: So many concerts, so close to where you live. We’re a tiny blip on the radar screen here for most bands, so the greats are few and far in between. I’d gladly be blowing all of my money on concerts…ones other than George Jones and Willie Nelson. (God bless Willie and his braids.)

Speaking of greats, I ended up paying a lot to land some Bob Dylan tickets for my mom and aunt, along with my own. I’m afraid to look at my credit card statement to see the exact total!

Zootlesque said:

And then I'm gonna get Pearl Jam tix this friday...

:drool:

I seriously have to renew my passport. I can go anywhere in the world and see PJ right next to the stage--assuming it's a Ten Club associated gig. I have to start taking advantage of that privilege.

Zoots, you're going to love Springsteen. I know he divides a lot of people, and some don't care for him, but the show I saw with my dad in '92 remains the greatest concert I've ever seen, PJ and U2 included. I've never witnessed someone own the stage and crowd like that before...completely mesmerizing, right from the first strum of his guitar. He's definitely worth the $78.20. If you end up thinking otherwise, send me the bill. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom