Yim Yames (Jim James of MMJ) Covers George Harrison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cass McCombs and I were discussing it last night in Random Music Talk. It was pretty wonderful from "Love You To" on (and what he did with that song was particularly excellent). We both agreed it was nice to have all the non-Beatles tunes come from All Things Must Pass.

It kind of takes me back to those At Dawn and Tennessee Fire demos.

Yep, it definitely picked up from the halfway point, in my view. They're gorgeous covers, and I'm looking forward to giving it many more listens.

Well I just listened to "Love You To" and it was stunning. As I think I mentioned before, that's always been a favorite of mine. Although with the Beatles there are literally dozens of songs I could label a "favorite." But, yeah. Good shit. I'll get around to listening to the rest of it at some point.

And then hopefully Yimmy and THE JACK! will put out a full length album next year.

(is THE JACK! the correct Impyfication of MMJ?)

THE JACK! is indeed the correct Impyfication of MMJ. Eventually I'll make a comprehensive list of Impyfications. For now, consider THE JACK! the MMJ equiv.

Yimmy Yames is supposed to be putting a solo album this year. I await with breath that is bated.

Back
Top Bottom