Years Of Refusal - Morrissey - Album/Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the cover for the upcoming b-sides compilation.

Morrissey_Swords_Cover_Art_.jpg

It's my least favorite cover he's done in quite a while, but I still like it. Here's the info on what's on it and when it's out:

Swords is due for a UK release October 26 through Polydor. In the U.S., it drops November 2.

Swords:

01 Good Looking Man About Town
02 Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
03 If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
04 Ganglord
05 My Dearest Love
06 The Never-Played Symphonies
07 Sweetie-Pie
08 Christian Dior
09 Shame Is the Name
10 Munich Air Disaster 1958
11 I Knew I Was Next
12 It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small
13 Teenage Dad on His Estate
14 Children in Pieces
15 Friday Mourning
16 My Life Is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye
17 Drive-In Saturday
18 Because of My Poor Education

Some editions of Swords will include an eight-song live bonus disc which includes a rendition of the Smiths' "You Just Haven’t Earned It Yet, Baby".

Bonus live disc:

01 Black Cloud
02 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
03 I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
04 Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself
05 One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
06 You Just Haven’t Earned It Yet, Baby
07 Life Is a Pigsty
08 I'm OK By Myself

I think I'm more excited for the live bonus disc, I'll definitely be getting the deluxe edition. :up:

He's supposed to be coming back to my area on Dec. 2nd I think. He better not cancel again.

Looks like these are the US dates, Sicy:

11-29 Seattle, WA - Paramount
11-30 Portland, OR - Roseland Theatre
12-02 Oakland, CA - Paramount
12-04 Indio, CA - Fantasy Springs
12-05 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint
12-07 Pomona, CA - Fox Theatre
12-08 San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall
12-10 Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre
12-11: Ventura, CA - Ventura Theatre

Yeah I'm scared to buy tickets and get all excited only to get pissed off again lol.

Cool, but many of those b-sides I've already got on a special You Are The Quarry double disc thing...still might be a worthwhile investment though. Top cover art as well.

Looks as though next week the complete singles collection from the first half of Moz's solo career will be released: Amazon.com: Hmv/Parlophone Singles '88-'95 (3 CD Set): Morrissey: Music

This is great news, seeing as how the initial set, now long out of print, was comprised of two volumes, each of which now going for nearly $100.

In any case, no Moz fan should be without this set, as many of his best songs were relegated to b-sides - "I Know Very Well How I Got My Name," "I've Changed My Plea to Guilty," and "Interlude" among them.

I bought tickets today for Oakland. Just gonna pray he doesnt cancel again.

Haha that cover picture makes him look like a miserly farmer who's just been interrupted digging up his potatoes.

I wish Morrissey would stop with all the compilation albums, "Reissue repackage repackage". He's playing Dublin in a couple of months not a chance of me going though, he's charging like 70 euro for tickets. As much as I love him, he's not worth it

Morrissey ends concert after being hit by drink

Thousands of Morrissey fans were left disappointed last night when the star axed a concert mid way through the second song.

The former Smiths frontman, who collapsed on stage three weeks ago, was hit by a bottle of beer thrown from the crowd at the Echo Arena in Liverpool.

Morrissey had opened the concert with the words: “It’s Saturday, it’s Liverpool, it’s raining, it’s perfect” before launching into the Smiths’ hit 'This Charming Man', had show no signs of the respiratory illness which saw him hospitalised overnight on October 24.

But during his second song, 'Black Cloud', the 50-year-old stepped to the front of the stage to shake the hands of fans when a plastic bottle of beer was hurled toward him and struck him in the eye.

The singer stood up and said “goodnight” to the stunned 8,000 strong crowd before walking off stage. His fans then burst into chants of “Morrissey, Morrissey. Morrissey” in an effort to get the performance back on track.

But about five minutes later an announcement was made to a chorus of boos that he had been hit on the head and would not be resuming the concert.

Jay Silker, 27, from Mossley Hill, Liverpool, said: “If there’s ever a singer who would not take kindly to a bottle being thrown at him, it’s Morrissey.”

Iain Kavanagh, 33, from Liverpool, said: “Some people were complaining afterwards because he’s been in the game for years and he should be used to it by now.

“But he’s a 50-year-old man who has just been ill and he deserves better than that.”

Concertgoers have been advised to contact their ticket retailer to find out if they will get their money back.

YouTube - Morrissey Storms Off Stage In Rage

Maybe a little harsh on the 8,000 attendance that one fool should ruin it for everyone perhaps Moz should have taken this into account!!! especially been as the offender was removed from the venue five minutes later!!! then again I don't think it is at all fair that he in poor health as he is and really showing it should have to put up with this crap!!! It wouldn't have been to comfortable to continue the rest of the gig soaked in beer!!!

Here is a real good quality video of the entire gig :)

Unfortunately the taper cuts the video off frustratingly JUST before the bottle incident, ugh! :doh:

Morrissey sounded very impressive tho!!!! He has lost ALLOT of weight hopefully its not sickness related!!!

YouTube - Morrissey Liverpool Echo 07/11/09 The entire 5min GIG !!

Oh god what's next. :doh:

Jeeze, I dunno Sicy I got tickets to see him in two weeks! worrisome times!!! I of course hope he is in good health most of all!!!!!, after all he canceled his appearance with Jonathon Ross yesterday morning because he was unwell!!! and as far as I know himself and Jonathon are good friends, not like he just said to himself I don't wanna do the interview he must still be feeling unwell, I hate to say it but on top of his sickness and the disrespectfull moron who threw the bottle last night, I can't see Moz touring any more!!! :( :( :(

Man, Bono has had shit thrown at him before and he just tells them to fuck off and keeps going. :heart: Moz is a diva, plain and simple. He has no problems canceling shows or walking off the stage :sigh: I'm holding my breath for Oakland on Dec. 2. It would be my first time seeing him after being a fan for 20+ years. He's already canceled once on me and I've spent extra money this time to get 3rd row. So yeah.. :pray:

Yeah true, he reacted really well to been soaked to the skin at Slane during All I Want Is You!!!, It may have been a tad brutal on the fans Moz walked out on! Can't really blame him too much tho, it must have been horrible to be covered in beer for the rest of the gig, The collision with the bottle seemed harmless it looked to lightly bouce off his head, He should have changed backstage and by the time he would be returning to the stage the offender would have been removed from the arena. I hope you get to see your gig Sicy!:pray: he is really good live!!!! It'll be my fifth time seeing him, I can't wait :hyper: just hope things go smoothly!:pray:

I thought about you Sicy when I heard the news about the bottle thrown....I do love Moz but agree he seems to be such a diva. I hope you get an awesome performance from him Dec 2 and no mishaps! :pray:

:doh:

So Morrissey apparently kicked a guy out (tonight?) at the Hamburg show. Moz made a joke about hamburgers or hot dogs or something and a guy yelled 'FUCK YOU MORRISSEY'. He then sung Throwing my arms around paris and after the song finished had words with the guy and told him to get out.

End of this video

YouTube - Morrissey - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (Hamburg, 17 Nov 2009)

Continued to this video

agenturblog: Morrissey arguing with a guy in the audience in Hamburg tonight. | Mov.io

:doh:

Unrelated 'history' of diva-like behaviour aside....

There is no comparison to the Bono All I Want Is You Slane incident and getting hit full on in the eye - THE EYE!! - with a bottle of beer. The bottle never even hit Bono. Has anyone ever been hit in the eye in the course of playing a sport? Aside from the brutal pain, your eye waters for many minutes afterward. He may not have been able to see for crissake, and you need to be able to see when you're up on a stage. Not to mention that stage lighting wouldn't help the pain either.

As for the Hamburg "Fuck You" incident, I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with what he did. Nothing. A performer is under no obligation to put up with verbal abuse from an audience member. So let's say you don't tell them to leave right away....you tell the person to fuck off back and then they threaten you/rush the stage and they get thrown out anyways. Big deal, and what he said is true: "we don't need you". You're a drunk asshole who is spoiling the party. Buh-bye!! :wave: :lol:

At the end of the day, performing is a job. Abuse and physical injury is not tolerated on the job, why should a performer have to put up with it?

Who are you arguing with? :crack:

No one in particular, really, I just got this vibe that a few might think he was overreacting.

Speaking of eye incidents, I just minutes ago had a bizarre accident involving a barbeque fork missing my eyeball by a 1/4 inch and piercing my eyelid...needless to say, I won't be able to finish my show this morning, I'm off to emerg just waiting for the bus :angry:

Hopefully I won't contract fucking H1N1 while I'm there :lol:

:doh: This tour is beginning to sound like a Coronation Street or even worse Eastenders script!!!!

I think you may have been replying to my earlier comment gvox, I was the one who commented earlier about the Liverpool incident and compared it to Bono getting drenched at Slane during "All I Want Is You", I think the two incidents are quit different alright, but I think Bono's situation was worse, Morrissey didn't get hit by a bottle, I'm fairly sure this has been proven over on the Morrissey Solo forums, It was a light plastic cup of beer which didnt seem to have been thrown too hard, and from what I could make out from the audience shot video on YouTube the cup seemed to lightly bounce off the top of his head, I'm sure the worst part of it for him was been wet from the beer thats obiviously going to be uncomfortable to perform in for the rest of the gig, also I think it was a case of rage and disgust that prevented him from coming back out and finishing the gig, He made light of the incident at his next gig in Holland two days later, if he had been physically hurt I don't think he would have passed it off as a joke, the Bono incident at Slane I think was worse and probably more uncomfortable, Bono was playing an outdoor gig for a start in a huge field (Slane) in Autmune in Ireland not the warmest of settings to get drenched, and drenched he did get, yes the cup didn't hit him but most of the contents did it was clear to see water or most probably Beer dripping from Bono's face, jacket and hair he was soaked and I thought he dealt with it very well, just turning to the section of the audience from where the beer came and jokingly saying whilst smilling "all I fucking want is you man", I'm sure after the song Bono didn't make a big deal he probably just made his way to the back of the stage beside the amps and got his towel and dried himself off, for Morrissey this wouldn't work of course because as we all know Morrissey is very vain and image conscious, but IMO he should have made his way to his dressing room washed his face and hair or even have a shower if needs be (he didn't seem to be too wet) and then change his clothes and return to the stage as quickly as possible, the offender who threw the cup was removed from the audience fairly soon after Moz walked off , if Moz had have went to his dressing room and freshend up by the time he would be returning the offender would have been well removed and the rest of the audience would be ready for the concert to resume, I agree the behavour of the cup thrower was horrid and no perfromer should have to put up with such carry on, but in this case I think Morrissey should have finished the gig, he was not seriously hurt and I don't think it was fair to let down his audience because of one bad apple!

Back
Top Bottom