Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I think that the placement of "Subway" in the #2 slot doesn't work very well. It's not a bad song, but it drags a bit, and I think another punchy, energetic rocker would have worked better in that position.

So, I think that the placement of "Subway" in the #2 slot doesn't work very well. It's not a bad song, but it drags a bit, and I think another punchy, energetic rocker would have worked better in that position.

Funny you say that, I feel that way about the second song on albums quite often.

I think I like the NOLA Demo version of Subway better than the album version. Hmmmm.

And yes, Despair and Wedding Song are gorgeous.

The line "In flames I sleep soundly" is a powerful one, at least for me.

I thought immediately of Sorrow when I read this.

I love "Sorrow" (and actually dig "Subway"), but I totally agree. Odd placement for both.

The video for Despair is absolutely fantastic, despite how simple it is. I love the long tracking shot at the end.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Despair" (Official Video) - YouTube

yep! its frickin awesome!

saw them live for the first time at Firefly Festival this past weekend and Wow they blew my mind! So frickin good.. And they did this song too..

I just wish they would do more headlining shows! :(

Firefly Festival Setlist:

1.Sacrilege
2.Gold Lion
3.Mosquito
4.Phenomena
5.Zero
6.Pin
7.Soft Shock
8.Subway
9.Maps
10.Despair