Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That used to be me with the show "Reno 911".....would never go out of my way to watch it, but liked it every time I did see it.

Is that info at all useful? No.

That used to be me with the show "Reno 911".....would never go out of my way to watch it, but liked it every time I did see it.

Is that info at all useful? No.

I have several shows like that. But now I can't think of any of them for some reason.

Hahaha. I was right in the middle of making some pasta when he I saw that tomato sauce comment, so it hit me extra hard.

Never really understood the love for Maps. It's one of their dullest (mid-tempo) ballads. I much prefer stuff like Runaway, Warrior, acoustic Turn Into You and Hysteric. Their cover of Sonic Youth's Diamond Sea is also sublime. As far as raw energy and/or funk goes, it's all about Phenomena, Machine, Sealings, Mystery Girl, Down Boy, Miles Away, Y Control, Kiss Kiss, and Honeybear. I don't think they'll ever outdo the one-two punch of Show Your Bones and Is Is (yet to hear the new album). Just blows me away.

:up::up::up::up::up:

483402_10151582353432090_539379811_n.jpg

I hope they don't mind a picture every now and again though. They aren't a sacred artifact.

I can see why people may not like Buried Alive, but this is an early contender for my favorite song off the album. Even the Doctor Octagon thing fits into the sleazy, brassy vibe at the start, and the final two minutes where the song starts to quietly disassemble itself kind of nails that spindown while still being interesting, something a lot of artists can fall into the trap of just being boring after putting the riff away.

There was a dude at Grizzles last night who took at least four videos of entire songs. I was pretty far back from the stage because I never show up to shows early and he was still filming the damn thing. Hate it.

I remember I took a few videos back when I first started going to gigs, then I realised I never fucking watched them the next day, because they sound and look shit, and found enjoying the gigs is much more fun. I will occasionally take pics to show where I was in the crowd or what the stage looks like, but that's it.

There's a million fucking videos on youtube of every song your favourite band has ever played anyway.

It's one thing if you're in an arena or theater type venue with seats, and you can film it without screwing over everyone behind you. If not, you're a DB.

Similarly, even if you have some sort of journalist pass, pushing to the front to take pictures in the middle of a set, and blinding everyone standing around you is a DB move.

I am really conflicted over the fact that it's my job to take pictures of shows with my phone, but I always stick to the first three songs being the only ones I allow myself to be an inconvenience. After that it's back of the house out of the way.

I know a few people that film a few full songs per show, and I know at least one who films entire shows every time. I like and respect these people but cannot wrap my brain around it. Putting aside how it might block the view of someone else......why would anyone want to take in a show like that? I can certainly understand whipping out your phone and recording a minute or two here and there, but whole songs? Whole fucking shows? I am there to experience the concert, not chronicle it. Of course, to each their own and there are likely things I like that people think are boring or stupid or both, but this is one that really perplexes me.

There's a million fucking videos on youtube of every song your favourite band has ever played anyway.

That's the difference for me right there. If someone else is going to ruin the show for themselves, I see no reason to do the same.

Oh, I forgot to mention the idiot filming the Kendrick show I saw last month on a fucking iPad.

twSXXdC.jpg

I realize the irony of my taking a photo of it, but it had to be done.

The guy with an iPad lollapalooza last year going round taking videos on it was the man I wanted to punch right in the f****** balls

Back
Top Bottom