Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
I've loved this band since they arrived in '03 and delivered on all the hype surrounding their debut Fever To Tell. Art-punk, New York trash, garage rock, whatever you want to call 'em, these guys kick ass. And Karen O. is sexy. And has an incredible voice.

Anyways, they have a new album coming out on April 13th called It's Blitz! and now that I've heard the amazing lead single from the album I felt it needed its own thread. I posted the cover art in the Random thread the other day but I'll post it again because it's all kinds of awesome...

Yeah-yeah-yeahs-its-blitz.jpg

1. Zero
2. Heads Will Roll
3. Soft Shock
4. Skeletons'
5. Dull Life
6. Shame and Fortune
7. Runaway
8. Dragon Queen
9. Hysteric
10. Little Shadow

The single is called ZERO and it's seriously the best song I've heard in weeks. The chorus is stuck in my head as I type this. Listen to it right here and tell me what you think! -

"Zero" [Stream] | Pitchfork

Hmmm... nice 30 secs.
So...
I'm downloading an album from them right now. :D

:combust:

:drool:

I fucking LOVE Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Saw them at The Palladium in Hollywood and they were awesome!

This song is all kinds of great! I'm so glad they've gone in a new direction. Much better than the first single off Show Your Bones, 'Gold Lion', which I felt was the weakest track from a great, great album.

:yippie: new Yeah Yeah Yeahs and it sounds gooooooooood!

no, the link you postet - there are only 30 Seconds - or you can buy it on Amazon.

Hmmmm, that's very strange because I can listen to the whole song on that stream that I linked to. It's an imeem stream. I wonder if it's only for people in the US? As it looks like you're in Germany, and MrMacphisto is in another country as well. Too bad.

Fitz, I'm lovin' your enthusiasm buddy. The song's great isn't it? I want to just keep listening to it. It's a shame that the album doesn't come out for another two months.

Fitz, I'm lovin' your enthusiasm buddy. The song's great isn't it? I want to just keep listening to it. It's a shame that the album doesn't come out for another two months.

I've been following their blogs on MySpace about how long and how hard they've been working on this album. As much as I love Fever To Tell, I thought Show Your Bones showed vast maturation and progress lyrically, but especially noticeable musically; Show Your Bones just had way more depth and density, if lacking a bit of the all out passion and full-throttle galore of Fever To Tell.

So for a band who has consistently shown that they grow from project to project (their self-titled EP --> Fever To Tell --> Show Your Bones), I'm really excited to see what they've come up with next!

Two months is 60 days too long!!!

Ok, off to listen to 'Zero' again! :D

Well, just heard their first album... good stuff. I'm not instantly in love with it, but it's nice. Anyway, this "Zero" song really looks like something very, very good.
Oh, btw, I'm from Brazil, so yeah, I guess that stream is only for people U.S.

Oh again, "Date With the Night" is awesome! Pretty sure I've heard somewhere before. Some movie I guess.

hmm. i must be sleepier than i thought. i thought this was going to be about the band blitz.

Very, very fine song. I'm excited for this record. I wound up loving Show Your Bones more and more over the last couple years.

The Imeem link seems to be down right now, but their Myspace is working. Great song, I highly enjoyed it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, their 'Is Is' EP may very well be the most solid EP released in the last 3 or 4 years. :up:

Seriously, I NEED to know where I've heard Date With the Night before. :D

Btw, could anyone post a link to their myspace. :wink:

I think you're just a little grumpy the Big T(elev)en sucks so much. At everything.

Football is the only sport that matters.

And to be on topic, I'd put the wood to Karen O. I bet she's a hellcat.

We're actually having a nice basketball season, but, when it comes to football, very disappointing last two seasons.

Who the hell is we? Did you go to a Big Ten school?

And you're goddam right "we're" having a nice basketball season. Mike Davis 4 prezident.

Back
Top Bottom