Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KO was definitely nervous, but I thought they did well on both performances. Sound wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't as bad as it was for TVOTR.

I'm not saying she's the best looking woman in our musical circles today. But she's certainly the sexiest.

My goodness it would be nice if they would figure out how to properly mix the song for these performances.
If you weren't a fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs this week...or TVOTR a few weeks ago....their performances would be a huge turn off since it makes it sound like a lo-fi band that don't know what they're doing.

Tuesday, April 14:
CBS: Late Show With David Letterman: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Wednesday, April 15:
NBC: Late Night With Jimmy Fallon: Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Eh, they're probably just gonna play Zero both nights. Don't get me wrong, I love Zero...but I'd really like to see them bust out another track off the new album for one of those shows.

Yeah, Heads Will Roll would be cool. Or Soft Shock. Or Skeletons. Or Dull Life. Or Runaway. Or Hysteric. Or Little Shadow.

That Animal Collective remix fucking sucks balls, by the way.

The band did a little track by track rundown of the album for NME. What a cool band. They seem like friends, which is nice. And Karen is totally marriage material. And apparently Runaway and Little Shadow were both written about a stray kitten they found. Awesome!

NME Homepage - Top

Nice find, GAF.

I thought Zero sounded better on Letterman last night than it did on SNL. Letterman seems to love them, which is cool.

"Heads Will Roll," while one of my least favorites on the album, was quite good on Late Night last night. The love affair with KO continues. She's the best.

How the hell do you not like Heads Will Roll, Imperor? Explain yourself to Karen.

I did not watch last night, hopefully the video is up somewhere.

I like every song. It's just one of my least favorite.

Oddly, the four songs chosen for acoustic versions are my four favorites. But I still like the rest.

Heads Will Roll is one of my least favorites too. Maybe it would work better live, but it's one of the songs on the album that feels more '80s revival than Yeah Yeah Yeahs to me.

Oddly, it's one of the few "standouts" for me. I like the album, but there are really only 3 or so "big song" I find myself wanting to hear repeatedly, it's one of them.

Yeah, I have three as well: Zero, Soft Shock, and Hysteric. But most everything else is good enough that I'll almost always play the album from front to back.

Heads Will Roll is one of my least favorites too. Maybe it would work better live, but it's one of the songs on the album that feels more '80s revival than Yeah Yeah Yeahs to me.

This is why I enjoy the track; it's got this 80's retro vibe going.

It doesn't have to be completely original to be good.

I really enjoy the whole album, but my favorites just happen to be the first two (Zero, Heads Will Roll) and the last two (Hysteric, Little Shadow).

Yeah, I have three as well: Zero, Soft Shock, and Hysteric. But most everything else is good enough that I'll almost always play the album from front to back.

Zero and Hysteric are my other two. Soft Shock is growing on my quite a bit the last few days, so I may up it to 4 or 5 songs sometime soon. I agree that it's a solid album, no real clunkers that I can think of.

I haven't heard anything I've liked by this band - even "Maps" left me kind of meh. But I heard this album, and made this face: :ohmy:

I love it.

I'm going to make sure this gets brought back up for FuManchu. The lock Gestapo closed down the other one quite quickly.

Welcome to Blitzland, bitch.

Back
Top Bottom