Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, somehow I missed Pitchfork posting their review. Thanks.

8.1, that's damn good from those fuckers. They should have put it in their "Best New Music" section. That would have been cool.

Edit: Or maybe it wouldn't have been cool? Why do I care? I don't know.

Just listened through the album again, but this time with the acoustic versions.

Honestly, I'm so in love with Soft Shock and Hysteric that there's no way any alternate version could have felt the same way for me. And they didn't. On the other hand, Skeletons and Little Shadows were two of my least favorites, and I felt those were huge improvements. The original versions just feel anemic and lack personality IMO, so in these acoustic renditions (which, ironically, feel livelier), the quality of the songs really shines through.

So I purchased the deluxe CD yesterday, on sale for only $13 at my local store, and they had a poster at the door with the free exclusives they would have this week. One was supposed to be a 7" single of Zero, but they hadn't received them yet. I'm very curious to obtain it because, 1. It was free with the CD purchase, and 2. Supposedly the B-side is a remix of Zero by none other than Animal Collective, only available on this release.

I don't see an mp3 of that remix online anywhere, so I'm very curious for this single to arrive.

They were offering the same thing on Insound. Waterloo does little bonuses like that all the time. I'm sure they'll have it there too once the vinyl comes out in two weeks.
Yeah!

Braggart hipsters.

:wink:

Listening to the album for the first time now, I'm on Hysteric. Me likey!

I got the album today... and unfortunately I can't quite join the lovefest. It's Back to Black all over again - a fantastic first single and opening track that hints at exciting new direction, followed by the album that's good but has nothing to match that amazing first single. Damn you high expectations. I don't know, I'm glad that they're trying out new things, but at the same time it feels like they've lost something apart from the guitars.

I woke up with 'Hysteric' in my head this morning. It hasn't left all day.

:up:

Good news: Yeah Yeah Yeahs are the musical guest on SNL this weekend

Bad news: Zac Efron is the host

I've had Soft Shock on repeat for a while now. Subconsciously, I might want to beat this song into the ground so I can get it out of my head and move on. Or maybe I'm just indulging myself in one of the best songs of the year so far. It's gorgeous, and really suits my mood at the moment.

When I picked up the Doves CD earlier this week, I checked on the status of the Zero vinyl single, and they had gotten it in that day. A quick confirmation that I had bought the CD the week before, and I was walking out with it.

The Animal Collective remix is...interesting, but I guess it's what you'd expect from them. The only thing remaining from the original version is Karen O's vocals, and even that is just the repeating of the first verse over and over.

Still, cool to have.

With better mixing, that would have been unspeakably awesome. Karen O looked a bit nervous, but she's so cool that it didn't matter all that much. And Zero has to have the most badass guitar tone ever.

Just passing to say:

Zero is a f**king addictive song.

KO was definitely nervous, but I thought they did well on both performances. Sound wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't as bad as it was for TVOTR.

I'm not saying she's the best looking woman in our musical circles today. But she's certainly the sexiest.

So I was out doing bad things when this was on last night...but I just typed in Yeah Yeah Yeahs Saturday Night Live on YouTube and it looks like they played 'Zero' and 'Maps'

Kinda strange that they didn't play another song off the new record but, whatever.

I found that surprising, too. While it was cool to hear Maps, I was looking forward to what else they'd play from the new album. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom