Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow... Zero is really great. It's great the way it builds up to come back where it was.
Now listening to Fever to Tell again... I'm starting to like it even more. And call me a perv, but I love this gal's screams on "Tick" and "Black Tongue" :wink:

Yeah, like I said in the OP, this is one of the best new songs I've heard in a while. It's certainly better than Get On Your Cocks.

Yeah, like I said in the OP, this is one of the best new songs I've heard in a while. It's certainly better than Get On Your Cocks.

Wow, wow, wow...
Wait, Boots is a 10/10 tune, top 10 U2 imo.
So no, Zero doesn't even comes close to Boots imo.

But hell, it is a damn good addictive song. I think I've listened to it ten times already. I loved that rhythm in the verses. It really grabs your attention. Great great tune

To make things just a lil' bit sexier, here's the cover art for the 'Zero' single -

yeahyeahyeahs_zero.jpg

This new Yeah Yeah Yeahs song is better than most of the songs on NLOTH.

Don't agree at all, but it has been the ONLY other thing I've hearing on a regular basis other than NLOTH. It's damn catchy. :love:

All this hype over It's Blitz finds me diving into their back catalog. I forgot how much I love this band.

Ummm, yeah, this album has leaked. Not due in stores until April 14th. Wow, that's some early leakage, right? Sheesh.

Ummm, yeah, this album has leaked. Not due in stores until April 14th. Wow, that's some early leakage, right? Sheesh.

Yeah, I didn't want to bring it up last night in case Scumby was listening. It really seems extremely early. I don't know yet whether or not I'll download it. I think that fucker is rubbing off on me.

Yeah, I didn't want to bring it up last night in case Scumby was listening. It really seems extremely early. I don't know yet whether or not I'll download it. I think that fucker is rubbing off on me.

Don't worry, I'll download it twice. :up:

That's David Sitek from TV on the Radio to the right of Karen. I just read last week that he produced the Yeah Yeah Yeahs previous albums, which I didn't know. I don't believe he produced this one though.

Imperor, it's cool you're waiting. :up:

All this hype over It's Blitz finds me diving into their back catalog. I forgot how much I love this band.

I noticed you had listened to the Is Is EP. I love that thing so much. :up:

It's the only releases of theirs I actually own :shh:

I noticed you had listened to the Is Is EP. I love that thing so much. :up:

It's the only releases of theirs I actually own :shh:

It really is a fantastic little EP. I listened to Fever to Tell today for the first time in a very long time and it brought back some great, great memories from adolescence. I still think "Maps" remains the best tune on there, as bandwagon or cliche as that may be. Their slower songs are my absolute favorites (see "Modern Romance"), but that doesn't mean I don't love the movers and shakers.

I'm glad to be listening to them again. Great band. "Zero" is phe.... wait for it...... nomenal.

Someone at the office was blasting Maps on their computer today. I was working on something at the time, so I didn't think, "Wait, who the hell is listening to Maps?!" until it was long over.

Seeing the video for it is what got me into them. And my only experience with Rock Band (which, for the record, I'm not a fan of) was my belting it. It's probably in my top ten songs of the decade.

Alright, just finished my first listen and it was pretty damn great. A mix of fun, dancey rock songs and some beautiful, more mellow balladey (that's not a word) stuff. I really want to listen to it again, actually, and I probably will at some point later tonight. Yeah!

Back
Top Bottom