Worst Song(s) of this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am lucky....i stay well away from chart music these days so i am not subjected to torture. I do sometimes wonder if i am missing the odd gem here and there.

From what I’ve heard:

Nelly Featuring Ashanti & Akon Body On Me
Leona Lewis – Better in Time
Kanye and Estelle – American Boy
Kylie – 2 Hearts
Duffy - Mercy
Maroon 5 – If I Never See Your Face Again

Kanye and Estelle – American Boy- Its ok but gets annoying after extensive play
Kylie – 2 Hearts-Meh
Duffy - Mercy- Meh
Maroon 5 – If I Never See Your Face Again- Believe it or not I actually like this song. :wink:

"American Boy" could be one of my favorite songs of the year. When I can hear a dance song like that and actually want to hear it at my school's homecoming dance... that's a good sign.

Plus, Kanye is the man.

American Boy is awesome, as is Kylie's 2 Hearts.

Some band called Finger Eleven had some immensely annoying song getting radio play. Was quite poor.

How many songs has Pink released this year? Those ones.

I actually do listen to the radio quite a lot, and Pink is the worst thing on there. Ugly daft bitch, too.

(More props to American Boy. And this.)

American Boy is awesome, as is Kylie's 2 Hearts.

Some band called Finger Eleven had some immensely annoying song getting radio play. Was quite poor.

"Paralyzed?" If you listen real hard, you can sing Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" right above it.

That Duffy song is awesome until she starts singing. Why waste such a crackin' song hook on that warbly songstress nonsense?

"Paralyzed?" If you listen real hard, you can sing Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" right above it.

When I first heard that Finger 11 song, It was okay but as it got more play it became increasingly annoying. :mad: :rant:

But I like Franz Ferdinands "Take Me Out", its awesome. :wink:

What else I think:

Yes

Gym Class Hereos – Cookie Jar

Boyzone – Love you Anyway

Gabriella Cilmi – Sweet About Me (come on, this girl prob has this as a wee ‘one-hit-wonder’ as her other songs aint all that, proof at V-Festival!)

Will Young – Changes – (now I love Will, but this song feels like I’m hearing James Morrison’s ‘You Do Something (To Me).’ Come on Will, bring back the old you!)

Oh and any Basshunter song -all sound alike - all sound bollox rave.

BTW It’s a huge huge shock that last week Pink entered with So What at number 36 and now she is number 1? Amazing!

Uk chart's fucked these days. I remember when songs never used to rise in the charts. Songs debuted wherever and then dropped from there...

Gabriella Cilmi – Sweet About Me (come on, this girl prob has this as a wee ‘one-hit-wonder’ as her other songs aint all that, proof at V-Festival!)

I randomly stumbled across that song on the internet and *cough*obtained*cough* the full album. I LOVE IT! I think it's quality pop.

Back
Top Bottom