Worst Song(s) of this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i take comfort in only being able to pair about 10% of these "worst songs" by name with their shit-tastic sounds.

i was going to say#1 worst song = m.i.a. paper planes. i can't think of a whole lot i hate more than that song. but according to allmusic, it's been out since 2007. it's so bad it should be the worst song of 2008 as well.

God, after looking through some of this thread, I'm glad I don't listen to mainstream radio anymore.

I heard "So What" by Pink twice on the radio they were playing at the veterinarian's office the other day (once while dropping off the kitties, the other while picking them up). What a terrible song. It sounds like she listened to "Boyz" by M.I.A. and then decided to make a cheaper, crappier version of it. :down:

"Sweet About Me" is a ripper of a tune. I still can't believe she is 16.

She's gonna clean up at the AriAs methinks

Boyzone – Love you Anyway

What??? Boyzone still makes music? :lol:!!!

i was going to say#1 worst song = m.i.a. paper planes. i can't think of a whole lot i hate more than that song. but according to allmusic, it's been out since 2007. it's so bad it should be the worst song of 2008 as well.

:ohmy: This is the first time I've seen somebody dis Paper Planes.

If people dont like whats being put out on the radio, a great alternative is the iPod. :D

God, after looking through some of this thread, I'm glad I don't listen to mainstream radio anymore.

I heard "So What" by Pink twice on the radio they were playing at the veterinarian's office the other day (once while dropping off the kitties, the other while picking them up). What a terrible song. It sounds like she listened to "Boyz" by M.I.A. and then decided to make a cheaper, crappier version of it. :down:

i heard the pink song at a bar the other night. it was so bad i actually got up and walked across the room to find out what the disaster on the jukebox was.

I really try not to listen to crappy music. But I watched the Britney Spears video and that song's pretty terrible.

You mean Womanizer? I saw it the other day and it made swear I'd not watch MTV or any other (so called) music channels or listen to the radio any time soon again :yuck:

I still can't figure out if the guy in the song is, in fact, a womanizer. Britney is being too ambiguous about it.

Womanizer is a terrible song.

also, I dont know who sings it or the title but anyone know or see this Bollywood type woman singing some dumb song about a lazy boyfriend or husband, 'he doesn't do the dishes' - something along those lines?

that song is crap! :down:

I don't listen to the radio anymore, so I probably haven't heard the worst song out there. I will say that pretty much any song that uses that annoying auto-tune feature auto-qualifies for worst-of-year honors.*

Learn to sing. If you can't, don't.

*With the exception of Snoop Dogg's Sexual Seduction. I like that song and I can't for the life of me explain why.

I agree. This is going to be my topic for a post I have in mind, actually, but because I've only just joined I fancied just browsing other threads before I started my own.

I think it's ruining music and that dumb arsed excuse "it's like using a spell checker for secretary's" - bullocks! Secretary earn a fraction of what a pop singer can earn and I admit my typing is poor but I'm not earning millions. Even if you do write your own songs (I have heard that T.Pain writes great lyrics but I cannot get past the chipmunk sound) if you're receiving royalties for singing on your songs rather than writing songs for other people to sing, then you should be honest and sing without cheating.

I don't care about a singer slightly being slightly off pitch or coming in too quickly, there are loads of examples of those. Unless you've been trained in opera or pitch perfect (which I swear Ella Fitzgerald must have been because an untrained singer cannot always be that good) then being slightly off is inevitable. Billie Holiday and Patsy Cline weren't always perfect but they were really soulful, and I'm not the only one I know who prefers Holiday to Fitzgerald, far more emotion. If you're more concerned with achieving absolute pitch than you are with singing with any feeling than you that's how you will sound. You can't have it both ways people are not superhuman.

Besides Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Dave Byne, Ian Brown and Shaun Ryder couldn't sing but they were honest and never tried to cover it up. If they did what they were saying would be made redundant anyway, due to their dishonesty in their vocal production. At least in sport the authorities do try to stamp out cheating.

(Despite this I think Freak Like Me by the Sugababes is a fantastic pop song :reject: , but autotune is only used as an effect because of the "freak" message)

I don't miss apartment living at all.

No one likes salsa that much.

I love Salsa :wink:

Don't talk to me about noisy neighbours. We have people who have just moved in upstairs and they play Rihanna, general drum 'n' bass drivel and Heartbreaker until 3 in the sodding morning. Don't get me wrong I like Cheryl, but prefer to listen to music during waking hours, not whilst I'm trying to get my sleep.

My Least Favorite Songs for 2008
I kissed A Girl (Katie Perry) I couldn't give a shit if kissed a baboon
American Boy (Estelle and Kanye West) I hate her voice and that bit when Kanye goes "go down, down" is not rapping it's talking
See You Again (Miley Rae Cyrus) The fact that she's one of the highest earning singers of the year would be impossible if her daddy wasn't country singer and actor Billy Rae Cyrus.
That drivel that was the first single by the Pussycat Dolls. You know how there are many songs that when you first hear them you don't mind but then you slowly develop a delightful pleasure of hating it after repeated listens? Well just like the Miley song I hated this song as soon as I heard it. Both have a compelling awfulnes to them.

Most of these songs do sound as though they have been autotuned or similar pitch correction devices on them. That Rihanna song with the mechanical warbling is hilarious! Me and my mum hate her voice, it may be ok on fast songs but on Take A bow we can't stand it.

I reckon there's a cut off point where you no longer listen to music that's on the radio. I'm 26 and even last year I could listen to the radio without being irritated, but I feel I've aged 40 years since January.

Must be getting old

I actually really dig "Live Your Life." I've never been big into TI, but Rihanna just does it for me. Always has.

While most of the bad stuff I never hear, several bands I love released stuff I am still trying to work out my response to: Keane, Killers, Snow Patrol, Ryan Adams.

But the big bummer is the much anticipated Viva La Vida, which I cannot even bring myself to give another try. Every time I tried to listen to it, after about the third try, I couldn't really make it past the third track without feeling sick. And I used to love Coldplay, but now, I just loathe them.

Still reckon that Finger Eleven song is excruciating, as is that pathetic AC/DC single.....and that Use Somebody song by Kings Of Leon is quite average.

Still reckon that Finger Eleven song is excruciating, as is that pathetic AC/DC single.....and that Use Somebody song by Kings Of Leon is quite average.

Use Somebody has some decent parts in it, but god, the lyrics are a pile of crap, very basic.

As for the new AC DC, well, it's just typical AC DC "we love to rock n roll!", sounds basically the same as they always were. :doh:

As bad as Rock n' Roll Train is, what would you be expecting from Acca Dacca? All of their songs are very tongue and cheek. I think they delivered what their fans wanted.

Back
Top Bottom