World Music Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactus Annie

Refugee
The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxar
I know this is a confusing statement statement on a forum with members from all different countries but what I mean is any music without English lyrics in it, or traditional native music, not international pop music. I'm looking for Latin, European folk, African or Indian music. Not that Pusseycat Dolls single that is out at the moment, that is a pop song, but I like the songs you hear in Bollywood movies. This is by Lucki Ali:

YouTube - Ek pal ka jeena

Enigma:

YouTube - Return to Innocence - Enigma

YouTube - ENIGMA - SADNESS

And this is a similar Native Indian song which seems to be the only video that works on YouTube. Shops play music with pan pipes if they want you to spend a long time in their shop so you buy something. That's because the songs are deceptively long. I was in a shop in Plymouth and they were playing pan pipe music. I never realized I was in their an hour. I nearly missed my bus home.

YouTube - Yeha Noha

I love Croatia. I have a Balkan CD and two of the best tracks on it are by two Croatian acts. Unfortunately I can't find many Croatian CD's in the UK. In a travel guide that I have on Croatia it mentions a DJ called Boxer and a folk group called Legan. This is track fro my Balkan CD by Croatian group called Cinkusi. They don't have anything on YouTube of Marusic is Trio.

YouTube - Cinkusi - Pet je kumi (1998)

Back
Top Bottom