Win a Copy of Shearwater's The Golden Archipelago!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebloodonelife

Blue Crack Addict
The kind folks at Matador Records have offered to give away an LP (those are the ones that go on turntables, for those who don't know) copy of Shearwater's The Golden Archipelago.

What do you need to do? Just answer a simple question.

It's well-known that lead singer Jonathan Meiburg is an ornithologist (he studies birds and in order to do so has traveled around the world, visiting the Galapagos Islands, the Chatham Islands, among other places). What species of bird did he write his master's thesis on?

Send your answer to cassie@interference.com by Sunday, March 14th at 11:59 am. The winner will be chosen at random from the correct answers received.

thumbnail.php

I put in for it considering I had to take my original copy back.

As an explanation, I have frequently commented and joked about Meiburg's bird obsession (and apparent recent dog obsession) in the past. I'm not sure if you were joking, or honestly thought I was trying to slight 1bl00d or this giveaway (which should go without saying, is extremely awesome), in some way, which I was not. It was just another "Meiburg + birdz" joke.

On a personal humorous / traumatizing note, I was actually attacked by a bird as a child at the zoo in an extremely similar fashion to The Birds picture I posted above.

As an explanation, I have frequently commented and joked about Meiburg's bird obsession (and apparent recent dog obsession) in the past. I'm not sure if you were joking, or honestly thought I was trying to slight 1bl00d or this giveaway (which should go without saying, is extremely awesome), in some way, which I was not. It was just another "Meiburg + birdz" joke.

On a personal humorous / traumatizing note, I was actually attacked by a bird as a child at the zoo in an extremely similar fashion to The Birds picture I posted above.

I was kidding.

As if living in Utah doesn't give you enough reasons to stay inside.

This is pretty cool, Oneblood.

Sorry that my reply is not nearly as obnoxious as the one above mine.

Word. I can't take credit for the idea though; the lovely publicity woman at Matador suggested that we do it after I sent my album review in to get press credentials for Shearwater's concert.

It's okay, obnoxiousness is not a requirement for admission here.

I put in for it considering I had to take my original copy back.

That sucks, how come you had to take it back?

Visualizing this scene basically made my night...many thanks for sharing, Scumbo.

That sucks, how come you had to take it back?

Side B was so scratched up, I thought it must have banged Lance's Mom. Took it back and got cash back rather than another LP since funds are a bit tight right now. I'm that cheap.

So yeah, I still haven't really listened to the album.

Hope you win then, Imps, as I may not be able to respect you until you once again own Shearwaterz.

What's up, folks? Apologies about the delay in announcing the winner, but I've been spring breaking it up (WOO!). Except not really like that. Anyway, without further ado, chosen by the very (not) scientific, but random method of writing names on sheets of paper and choosing one out of a hat, the winner is:

Imperor

Congrats!

And, for the record, the answer (easily findable on the internetz) was the Striated Caracara, scientific name Phalcoboenus australis, otherwise known as the Johnny Rook.

I can't argue with the piece of paper that came out of the hat. It's against the rules, dirty Texan winner or not.

Sweet, I'm glad he won. I was actually going to give it to him if I would have won, since he presently didn't have a copy. Congrats, Imps.

This is the first give away type thing I can remember this site ever having, very cool 1bl00d. Even cooler since it was a for a great album and band!

Back
Top Bottom