Wild Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally got my copy of the "Shadow" single from my mom:

IMG_20120829_215024.jpg

:drool:

Can't wait for the LP to get here so I can have my own little blue heaven of Wild Nothing.

I really like the title track (despite the large amount of repetition).

Only Heather might be my fav. Maybe Paradise. I don't know.

As it stands, it's something along the lines of:

Through the Grass
Paradise
Nocturne
Only Heather
Shadow
Counting Days
This Chain Won't Break
Rheya

and then the rest.

Interesting. I'm completely indifferent to Through the Grass at this point, I'll have to pay it more attention.

It's reall tough for me to rank these songs at the moment. Songs on dream-pop albums like this one tend to blur together in my mind. I do love Shadow though.

I listened to the Golden Haze EP today. Good stuff, but not quite up to the level of the albums.

Through the Grass passed me by at first as well. It was an awesome moment when I really noticed it for the first time.

Damn, Travis. I saw you were the last poster and got my hopes up the LP had arrived. But, yeah, i need to hear Golden Hazr again. Gave it a spin after I saw the band live and really enjoyed it.

Ok, never ordering from Captured Tracks again. Even if I AM getting a pretty vinyl, it's just not worth it. They only just yesterday updated my shipping info for the record. I went to see where it was today and it turns out it's JUST the intention to ship having been received by USPS. :sad:

I'll pile on. The download codes that come with the Gemini vinyl do not work. After my first code I bought in July didn't work, the band's merch guy opened up a new vinyl and gave it to me last month. Nocturne works fine, but still no luck on Gemini. And they don't return email. So be aware of that if you're thinking about buying it.
:angry:

OH man, they took a month to reply to an e-mail from me. The only reason they replied was because I e-mailed them again.

I'm pissed, because the venue I'm seeing them at, I could have got my copy of Nocturne autographed. Oh well, I'll just buy Gemini while I'm there and get that autographed instead.

Setlist tonight:

Shadow
Confirmation
Counting Days
Golden Haze
Only Heather
Chinatown
Nocturne
Live in Dreams
Paradise
This Chain Won't Break
Gemini
Rheya
Our Composition Book
The Blue Dress

"Encore"
Summer Holiday

Show was great. He's getting better at interacting with the audience as well. Travis got a chance to go talk to him for a second after the show, he's very nice. Picked up a few singles and Golden Haze on vinyl as well. They didn't have Gemini :(.

Also, apparently I'm not the only one who's had trouble with Captured Tracks. I made a joking comment about it to the guy selling the merch and he said that he'd heard that a few times just that evening. He told me that apparently there was some issue with the first shipment of the album coming out wrong and that's why a lot of copies went on back order.

That's pretty much identical to my set, with a few songs switched, but we didn't get Paradise here. Oh well.

About the Nocturne packaging, I think the band may have been mistaken about that error. When they played Memphis, it was the day before Nocturne came out, and they were selling the vinyl here. The merch guy told me Captured Tracks had messed up and only put one lyric sheet in each record (there are supposed to be three different sheets with six different cover art options). I had him lay out all the cover variations to pick out my favorite, but the one I bought had all three when I got it home. :shrug:

Oh, wow, Captured Tracks. So, the vinyl is warped and the sleeve is ripped a little bit :lol:.

Oh wel, it's very pretty (bsides where the label wasn't affixed quite right):

20120922_132340_zpscc36db9f.jpg

20120922_132431_zps99c3c68f.jpg

20120922_132416_zpsb8aeab5e.jpg

20120922_132727_zps6f3b08a5.jpg

(It's very subtly marbled and so pretty)

20120922_132916_zps536ba417.jpg

They don't match at all :lol:

I don't know if I even feel like complaining to them at this point. Still holding off on the e-mail I was going to write.

Back
Top Bottom