Wild Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So was that not the one you were thinking of then? :(

You've mentioned Cursive a few times recently, but I keep forgetting to find out what they sound like.

Are you the one who enjoys the musical stylings of the band Why?(?)

oh, that was most definitely it. :up:

i've enjoyed some cursive, or the handful of songs mofo told me to listen to some years ago. yet one of the hundred or so bands i've forgotten to ever follow up with. i'm assuming if we added up all the bands people have mentioned on here that i've never gotten around to either hearing, or checking out further it's probably about that many, and i'm sure half of them are mofobands. so he's right about the liar thing. :wink:

I've never heard that Why? song. Listening to it now on Youtube. I like Why? because they've done surprisingly well moving around between genres / song types than a lot of artists who try to do drastically different types of music.

The Recluse is a fantastic choice, I love that song so much.

I've never heard that Why? song. Listening to it now on Youtube. I like Why? because they've done surprisingly well moving around between genres / song types than a lot of artists who try to do drastically different types of music.

The Recluse is a fantastic choice, I love that song so much.

I would assume that Shazaam wouldn't throw an incorrect song name at me, it would just say it couldn't find it, so that should be it. I haven't listened yet to be sure, myself.

Yeah, I liked that a great deal.

reading that ? in there keeps making me think it's the end of the sentence, and that it doesn't make sense because it didn't look like a question.

kind of like how reading !!! mentioned gave me a headache when people cared about that band. stupid punctuation kept me from ever hearing them.

The band fun. is really awful because of that lowercase f thrown in there as well. But I love them so much.

Ooh, they have a new album out soon!

i remember when i thought live had a shitty name for a band. friggin' amatuers.

hmm. the shins covering strange powers. i feel like i should like this, yet i really can't say i do.

I really like their Strange Powers cover, but I like the original as well, so yeah. The Shins usually pick pretty cool songs to cover I heard them cover 'Someone I Care About' by the Modern Lovers at a concert, which was also awesome.

given that the original is excellent, and the shins are awesome (or were, since i haven't paid attention to them since wincing the night away), i think i expected a bit more. it's not horrible, just not as amazing as it looked on paper. or computer screen, as the case really was.

i've totally hijacked this thread, huh? well, now i HAVE to check out the youtube links on page 1.

:shifty:

i'm really tired, and i should have gone to bed hours ago. i'm only still up because i had a bunch of things to do today to get stuff together before i move on the 1st, most of which i've done, although i haven't called the gas company yet. can we blame stephin merritt? i think we can. or at least, i am going to do that. i've been a pretty crappy magnetic fields fan, starting with the fact that i only heard of them in the first place because i heard the arcade fire cover "born on a train" in some in-radio-studio thing about 6 or 7 years ago if i do the math right, and thought it was a hell of a lot better than any of their own songs, so i needed to hear the original. sure i told my brother uh, yeah, of course they have awesome songs, where the hell have you been? when he went out and bought all the albums last year. but i still secretly really just loved "born on a train," and thought the other songs i knew were ok. i did watch the documentary on netflix, and had been meaning to listen to them again. i finally remembered to do that last night, and something about "all the umbrellas in london" clicked, and it's a holyfuckberriesthisistheonlybandiwanttolistentonow kind of day. and in all honesty, i should never try out other music when i'm on that kind of a kick, because i've hated bands that i've later come around to loving years down the road that way.

I had that almost same reaction to The Magnetic Fields, just replace "Born on a Train" and Arcade Fire with "Book of Love" and Peter Gabriel.

:lol:, they say they do, at any rate. So excited!

Also, apparently they've covered a Primal Scream song (Velocity Girl)? It's on their Facebook page. I don't know the original, but I shall give it a spin (listening to Cursive right now, Mofo, pretty awesome :up: )

Not sure how I missed that the link iYup shared has an actual song from the new album on it.

Finally got my copy of Nowhere in the mail today. That was a big mess-up on both Captured Tracks and my side. Hopefully the copy that is at my mom's house is the clear blue copy I was supposed to get, because this one is black as night.

Anyways, this b-side is killer, but I can't find it on Youtube. Maybe if I'm feeling crazy I'll try and upload it later.

I don't know that this one is 100% legit, but it appears to be uploaded by Captured Tracks, their label, so I'm sure it is. Anyways, you can listen to it all in one go without selecting each track here:

Stream Wild Nothing’s new record ‘Nocturne’ in full | Death and Taxes

EVERYONE! LISTEN!

50255_281814284333_3793239_n.jpg

Decisions, decisions. To stream or to wait until I have the CD in my hands? :hmm:

What day does it come out again?

Out of respect for Mofo so I have been holding back big time for this album is just 1 of the most amazing thing I've ever heard

Hype hype hype

Back
Top Bottom