Wilco - New Album- Star Wars - Free download

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool album. I kind of want a cigarette now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they could have just put it into my iTunes for me. I had give them my email address, login into my email, wait for the download link to be sent to me, download the album, unzip the file and then add the mp3s to my playlist. It took a lot of effort on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They've been labeled an indie rock band for years, probably since Summerteeth, but this is the first album of theirs that is purely indie rock in its original sense; lots of wobbly guitars, off-kilter tempos and distortion here. I Might turned out to be a sign of what's to come, though even that track is more driving and catchy than anything here. There are some relaxing tracks here and there, but mostly this is new territory for the band.

I'm only listening to it on speakers at the moment, I'll give it a closer listen on headphones and judge after that. It's quite good. I'd rather listen to this over Sky Blue Sky and most of Wilco (The Album).

Last edited:
I like it a lot. Really kicks in around the terrific Your Satellite and keeps going.

This is a very weird album for them. Definitely new territory. I kind of like it. But the melodies didn't stick with me at least after the first listen, which is a rarity for Wilco.

I love a number of songs but am yet to reeeeally get into them. They were a touch underwhelming when I saw them live sadly. Looking forward to hearing this though.

Second listen, on headphones. Random Name Generator is awesome.

The Joke Explained is maybe the most alt-country Wilco has sounded since Being Born.

Scumbo doesn't like Wilco. I don't like them either... We're wanted men, I have the death sentence on twelve systems.

100_evazan_starwars.jpg

Elfa's got a pig nose and I have a butt face.

It's their least dad-rock sounding record in a long time. Too bad this was released two days after they played Red Rocks, else I'd have made an effort to get there.

I agree. The Tweedy side project got the dad rock out of Jeff's system.

I might actually download this.

Why wouldn't you? :huh:

Because it's Wilco.

Scumbo doesn't like Wilco. I don't like them either... We're wanted men, I have the death sentence on twelve systems.

Since Wilco is insisting on people downloading their album without paying, doesn't that mean Mofo should turn his musket on the band members themselves?

Just sayin'.

I keep meaning to put it on but end up putting on the new Jason Isbell again.

Back
Top Bottom