Wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who's the opener for those shows?

Nobody has been announced yet, but it will be hard to top Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, I think. They were the first Wilco opener I was glad to see more than once and who I'd go see again. Those boys rocked out.

it will be hard to top Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, I think. They were the first Wilco opener I was glad to see more than once and who I'd go see again. Those boys rocked out.

I saw them in a club in Taos last winter - they sure did rock the house. I had a blast.

Presale started today for these Cedar Park Center shenanigans.

There is no GA and the first few sections of the floor already sold out. No GA? Seriously? Count me out of this one. More money for LC! and Fruit Bats tickets.

Well, Ashes of American Flags will be here in a couple days via Netflix. Finally get to see it and couldn't be more excited.

I saw it in the theater when it was released, but I just got around to picking up the DVD a month or so ago. I enjoyed it, but my main complaint was that it didn't quite know what it wanted to be--there were some interesting interviews and some great performances, but I left feeling like I wanted more of both. I do like that it gives a fair amount of attention to the other guys in the band besides Jeff, which is something that the media has failed miserably at lately.

I might go to the shows in Toronto in October if I can get my passport in time. They're the week of my fall break, and Toronto is only four hours from me, so I'm thinking it could be a fun trip.

Four of the Mad Men cast (Don, Roger, Betty, and Peggy) did celebrity playlists for iTunes. All but one (January Jones) had a THE WILC! tune on it. Good stuff.

Ashes just came in the mail. I'm about to pop it in.

Can we please get Cockish Hamilcock to take a cue from this film? Gorgeously shot. Three songs in and it's time to buy some handshake drugs. Nels is my homeboy. And Pat is so underrated. The guy's a bad ass even with his Clay Aiken coif.

I have an extra pair of Wilco tickets in Toronto at Massey Hall, for Wednesday, October 14th that I need to sell for face plus fees, $120 CDN for the pair. Liam Finn is the opener.

We bought these tickets, and then a few days later they announced a second show the next night, which is much more convenient for us, so we bought a pair for Thurs night, and now don't need the Wednesday night ones.

The ones I'm selling are right side floors, row F (so, 6th row), and they're actually a few rows closer than the ones I got for Thursday night. They're hard tickets.

They were sold as "obstructed view" tickets. If anyone is familiar with Massey Hall, they have these posts in random spots on the floor. But, the posts are small, and basically, if you shift your body or tilt your head 6 inches, you can see just fine. If someone's interested but reluctant because of this, the Massey Hall website has very good pictures and diagrams I can provide that illustrate what I mean. But the bottom line is, I knew about this when I bought them, and still didn't hesitate - they're excellent seats regardless.

Joyful, BIMM, Dalton, and other Wilcers:

I'm leaving for THE WILC! in about 45 minutes. There is no GA at this venue and my seat is in row A of the floor. That'd be the first row. Right in front of Nels.

Tonight is going to be epic. Expect my shitty iPhone photos to actually come out great for once. Since I'm going alone and I've met Tweeds one before, I'm bring my YHF LP to get signed as well as the poster from my Tweedy solo shows.

This is my fifth time seeing them, but only my third in a non-festival setting. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. Expecting echoes of my second row San Antonio 2006 adventure.

Joyful, BIMM, Dalton, and other Wilcers:

I'm leaving for THE WILC! in about 45 minutes. There is no GA at this venue and my seat is in row A of the floor. That'd be the first row. Right in front of Nels.

Tonight is going to be epic. Expect my shitty iPhone photos to actually come out great for once. Since I'm going alone and I've met Tweeds one before, I'm bring my YHF LP to get signed as well as the poster from my Tweedy solo shows.

This is my fifth time seeing them, but only my third in a non-festival setting. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. Expecting echoes of my second row San Antonio 2006 adventure.

Details and pictures, please.

I am still hoping they'll add a show near me. :(

I have an extra pair of Wilco tickets in Toronto at Massey Hall, for Wednesday, October 14th that I need to sell for face plus fees, $120 CDN for the pair. Liam Finn is the opener.

elfa needs to take these off your hands and get himself converted.

I'll get some photos up later. Even in the first row, the iPhone isn't especially great. I did manage to get a setlist though. Here you go:

Wilco (the Song)
A Shot in the Arm
Bull Black Nova
You Are My Face
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
One Wing
At Least That's What You Said
One by One
I'll Fight
Impossible Germany
Deeper Down
Handshake Drugs
Can't Stand It
Jesus, etc.
Hate It Here
Theologians
I'm the Man Who Loves You

Via Chicago
You Never Know
California Stars
I'm Always In Love The Late Greats
Heavy Metal Drummer

Walken
Kingpin
Monday
Outtasite (Outtamind)
Hoodoo Voodoo

"Bull Black Nova" is amazing live, as you can imagine. Nels was particularly frisky and played a lot of new solos on some old standards ("Handshake Drugs, "Impossible Germany," and others). One great thing about being so close was being able to really get a feel for how all six of them interact with each other. You can see them laugh at others' little miscues and watch each other play. It was pretty obvious last night that they all really enjoy playing together, which is awesome.

The venue was this new minor league hockey arena 15 miles out of town, which Tweedy found as strange as we did. It sucked though. All seats on the floor made for a pretty lousy crowd environment. I got up and leaned on the rail, as did many people, but no one was really singing or moving around or anything. And the entire first row of the center floor section was blocked off for VIPs who didn't show up until right when the band came on. When the majority of your first row is ambivalent about being there, the crowd environment isn't going to be great.

So I'd give the show very high marks, probably top 10 all time for me personally, and the second best of my five times seeing them. The crowd and venue sucked, but oh well.

Certified Lance BFF Harry Knowles was sitting right to my left. McConaughey and a certain much-more-famous Lance were there as well, douchey as ever.

Back
Top Bottom