Wilco - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #541
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 08:08 PM
One Wing ---> At Least That's What You Said

__________________

__________________
Lancemc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #542
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:08 PM
Harry Knowles

It was either the GREATEST show he's ever seen, or the WORST.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #543
ONE
love, blood, life
 
powerhour24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,645
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
I've seen Wilco zero times.

It makes me sad.
Aww, I've found something to agree with you on.
__________________
powerhour24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:58 AM   #544
Refugee
 
agentorange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Poor Places
Posts: 1,431
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Just got back from Wilco here in Memphis... Long, energetic set with seemingly every cheerful song in the catalog chosen, except maybe Candy Floss. I prefer more of the moody/musically adventurous material, but it was a blast. And it would just be pitiful to complain after getting to see Wilco.

For the second encore, following So Misunderstood (34 "nothing's" by my count ), Jody Stephens (Big Star) came in with maracas during California Stars. Then he relieved Glenn on drums for Box Full of Letters and a *spot on* version of In the Street with John Stirratt on lead vocals. Eat your heart out, boys and girls!
__________________
agentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #545
Refugee
 
agentorange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Poor Places
Posts: 1,431
Local Time: 12:08 AM
Found this on Via Chicago; thanks to you, anonymous fan. I'm sure some of you will want to troll you tube for this show. Jeff addressed the crowd on video recording the shows and made sure that some one was recording it, insisting that it get on you tube. He even snatched a girl's cell phone from her during Impossible Germany, and I think she left without it after being called out and humiliated. Drama... But the show was great.

Memphis, 10-10-09:
Wilco (the song)
A Shot in the Arm
Bull Black Nova
You Are My Face
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
One Wing
At Least That's What You Said
Deeper Down
Impossible Germany
Country Disappeared
Handshake Drugs
Sonny Feeling
Jesus, etc.
Can't Stand It
Hate It Here
Walken
I'm The Man Who Loves You
------------------
Misunderstood
Theologians
You Never Know (w/Liam Finn on acoustic guitar and vox)
Heavy Metal Drummer
------------------
California Stars (w/Liam Finn on acoustic guitar and vox, Eliza Jane Barnes on maracas and vox, Jody Stephens on maracas and shaker)
Box Full of Letters (w/Jody Stephens in place of Glenn Kotche on drums)
In The Street [Big Star] (w/Jody Stephens on drums and Glenn Kotche on cowbell; John Stirratt and Pat Sansone on lead vox)
Monday
Hoodoo Voodoo
__________________
agentorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #546
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
elfa needs to take these off your hands and get himself converted.
I offered, he refused, sigh. I ended up selling them on a Wilco forum.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #547
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Leslie Feist joined them on stage last night for You and I! That was pretty exciting. Jeff introduced her by saying "I'm proud to have my friend Leslie here for this next song, she's from around here." It was cute. Besides that, it was a really good show. Missed all but half of Liam Finn's last song (damn traffic), I wanted to check him out. Here's the setlist:

Bull Black Nova
You Are My Face
One Wing
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
Kamera
At Least That's What You Said
Radio Cure
Impossible Germany
Handshake Drugs
Deeper Down
Jesus Etc.
Sunny Feeling
Hate it Here
Walken
I'm the Man Who Loves You
Hummingbird
Wilco (The Song)
Misunderstood
California Stars w/ Liam Finn
You and I w/ Leslie Feist
Casino Queen
I'm A Wheel
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #548
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 08:08 PM
Thoughts on Wilco last night in Ann Arbor:

1. If the audience at my show is any indication, Wilco well and truly deserves the "Dad rock" label. I'm 31 and I was on the younger side of the audience last night.

2. I will never (EVER) sit in the Mezzanine at a show ever again. I can't think of any good reasons to sit down at a rock and roll show. Terrible.

3. I will probably never see a show in Ann Arbor ever again. Lame.

4. There was a noisy asshole sitting right behind me that was even angrier than I at the fact people were sitting down. He was a pussy though and wouldn't just stand up or move to an area that he could, he just sat there talking loudly about how much he hated everyone around him. Every time Wilco finished a song he would yell, "Go (Michigan) State!"

I was getting ready to confront him right before he yelled, "You're all communists! RED DAWN!"

That cracked my shit up and I gave him a pass.
__________________
Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #549
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 04:08 PM
I have a ticket to see them in Seattle in February!

The only other time I've seen them is when they opened for REM at the Bumbershoot festival back in .... maybe 2003? And I only caught the last few songs of their set, so I'm looking forward to seeing them.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #550
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Thoughts on Wilco last night in Ann Arbor:

1. If the audience at my show is any indication, Wilco well and truly deserves the "Dad rock" label. I'm 31 and I was on the younger side of the audience last night.

2. I will never (EVER) sit in the Mezzanine at a show ever again. I can't think of any good reasons to sit down at a rock and roll show. Terrible.

3. I will probably never see a show in Ann Arbor ever again. Lame.

4. There was a noisy asshole sitting right behind me that was even angrier than I at the fact people were sitting down. He was a pussy though and wouldn't just stand up or move to an area that he could, he just sat there talking loudly about how much he hated everyone around him. Every time Wilco finished a song he would yell, "Go (Michigan) State!"

I was getting ready to confront him right before he yelled, "You're all communists! RED DAWN!"

That cracked my shit up and I gave him a pass.
1. This was my first Wilco show, and I noticed that the audience skewed much older than I would have thought, too.

2. Most people in the floor seats at my show were standing too, but they were just standing there, not moving, not doing anything, just standing like statues, mostly. If you're going to stand there doing nothing, why not sit?

4. Ha!
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #551
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 04:08 PM
Has anyone seen any of their recent shows? Is there an opening band? I can't seem to find info on whether or not there is.

Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #552
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Has anyone seen any of their recent shows? Is there an opening band? I can't seem to find info on whether or not there is.

Looking forward to seeing them tomorrow night.
I would imagine there's an opening band unless it's billed "an evening with..." as some shows on this tour are, I think. I have a pretty strong feeling you're going to enjoy the show. I hope Tweedy is in good form with his usual entertaining audience banter.

Be sure to request a song!
WILCO : SHOWS : REQUEST A SONG
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #553
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,504
Local Time: 08:08 PM
i'd like to see wilco, but i've passed up the times they/solo jeff tweedy have come around near here because of the hipster college kid factor.

bought a ghost is born for my mom for christmas. she says she really likes it.
__________________
IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #554
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
i'd like to see wilco, but i've passed up the times they/solo jeff tweedy have come around near here because of the hipster college kid factor.

bought a ghost is born for my mom for christmas. she says she really likes it.
Maybe it depends on the venue but in general I wouldn't really describe Wilco audiences as hipster college kids. At all. (See: mom liking A Ghost is Born.)
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #555
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I would imagine there's an opening band unless it's billed "an evening with..." as some shows on this tour are, I think. I have a pretty strong feeling you're going to enjoy the show. I hope Tweedy is in good form with his usual entertaining audience banter.

Be sure to request a song!
WILCO : SHOWS : REQUEST A SONG
oh, I'm sure I'll like it a lot! I wasn't sure what time I should plan on showing up. I seem to never learn that while it says 8:00 on the ticket, I get there at 8 and then am standing around forever.

I requested California Stars, and lo and behold, it's #2 on the most requested songs for the Seattle show!
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wilco

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com