Wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wilco
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Paramount Theatre
Seattle, WA

Set:
Wilco (The Song)
A Shot in the Arm
Bull Black Nova
You Are My Face
I am Trying to Break Your Heart>
One Wing
Radio Cure
Pot Kettle Black
Handshake Drugs
Deeper Down
Impossible Germany
I'll Fight
Jesus, Etc.
Hate It Here
Theologians
Walken
I'm The Man Who Loves You
Hummingbird

Encore:
Broken Arrow
Via Chicago
California Stars*
You Never Know
Box Full of Letters
Hoodoo Voodoo

Ha - it was a Neil Young cover, Broken Arrow.

Cool, thanks for finding that! That's funny that it was a freaking Neil Young song - I've got 50 pages left in the bio of reading of him.

Looking at the song titles, I think "Wow, they played a lot of songs I didn't know," but most of them were familiar to me. That works!

You got Box Full of Letters! Even though I am lukewarm on the last two records I look at that setlist and I'm like :scream: I love Wilco. One should never not go to a Wilco show just because they don't like new material (which isn't the case with me - they're not coming anywhere near me - but, I'm just sayin'...)

I really loved Sky Blue Sky and enjoyed the most recent album, although it kind of slipped from my memory when I was making those end of the year lists. It didn't seem to get a lot of attention, did it?

If I see them again, I'd love to hear Spiders (Kidsmoke) and Nothingsevergonnastand.... which are two of my Wilco faves. No idea how often they play either of those, but they're on my wish list.

Spiders was kind of a regular in their setlists for awhile. It totally kicks all kinds of ass live. Like way better than the record. Although you do have to watch out for whiplash. I'd be a little sad not to get it at a show I was at, but can't have it all.

Sorry you didn't get "At Least That's What You Said." That would have blown you away. But you did get "Radio Cure," something I've never got in my five times seeing them.

Glad you enjoyed it anyway.

If anyone's interested, an actual review from someone who knows what they're talking about. Or at least more than I do, anyway.

Last Night: Wilco Will Love You, Seattle - Seattle Music - Reverb

this bit sums it up for me (although I wouldn't say I had an out of body experience):

Note: I'm not particularly fond of guitar wankery or fret-burning guitar solos at all, but whatever happens when Cline lets loose on "Impossible Germany" is one of the most unparalleled, magical things I've ever heard in my life. Gorgeous, chaotic, improvisational and loose, but still retaining dignity, Cline's solo is the closest thing to an out-of-body experience that I've ever had.

My daughter bought a Wilco (The Tote) bag at one of their shows. Five bucks! U2 were selling totes for - what? - eleventy nine dollars, or something like that? Nuts.

Glad you enjoyed it, Cori.

Selling shirts for $40 really shows a lot of contempt for a band's fan base. "These sheep will buy this shit no matter how much we charge for it!"

And I do. :(

At least a tee shirt. Their stuff isn't even nice enough to anything that costs more than a tee shirt.

My first-ever U2 concert experience:

901783523_23b4d82ee4.jpg

"HOLY FUCK THEY SELL T SHIRTS AT CONCERTS???? LIFE IS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!"

picturefbx.jpg

"Uh...this'll do."

Apu1.gif

"That will be $300."

And then I listened to Kings of Leon for an hour.

Now you know why missing out on 360 wasn't the low point of my year.

:grumpy:

(You can purchase that t-shirt literally anywhere anything is sold. I won mine at a Slovakian arcade. The claw grabbed me.)

Back
Top Bottom