Wilco - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #346
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,274
Local Time: 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
This makes me want to hump.
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #347
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 01:03 PM
That video is a pretty good reason but is that worth 50 euro...
__________________

__________________
Irishteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #348
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
This makes me want to hump.
What doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
That video is a pretty good reason but is that worth 50 euro...
That's a pretty high price ($37) for a band with which you're not all that familiar.
__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #349
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
That's a pretty high price ($37) for a band with which you're not all that familiar.
It's $67, and yeah it is but nearly all concerts are that expensive here. We're the most expensive country in europe for concerts, bands double their prices here half the time in relation to what they charge in Europe. Arcade Fire were charging over 50 last time. Tickets are closer to 40 anyway, I'm just adding on ticketbastard fees
__________________
Irishteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #350
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,789
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Outside of The 2, I consider Wilco the greatest live band I've ever seen. Arguably the most skilled instrumentally as well.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
That video is a pretty good reason but is that worth 50 euro...
I don't know anyone who has been disappointed in a Wilco show. People are generally blown away. If you like what you've heard so far, you will probably LOVE a Wilco show.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I don't have any words for how completely awesome this is.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #353
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
It's $67
I must have flipped the exchange rate. Probably wishful thinking what with my country's currency in the fucking toilet.

Yeah, Wilco will blow you away. Wilco will love you, baby. But $67 is silly. I can't believe they're charging that much. It boils down to how you spend money. Personally, I don't think anyone is worth $67, and this is coming from a guy who adores Wilco and firmly places them in his all time top five favorite bands.
__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I must have flipped the exchange rate. Probably wishful thinking what with my country's currency in the fucking toilet.

Yeah, Wilco will blow you away. Wilco will love you, baby. But $67 is silly. I can't believe they're charging that much. It boils down to how you spend money. Personally, I don't think anyone is worth $67, and this is coming from a guy who adores Wilco and firmly places them in his all time top five favorite bands.
I guess to me the idea of paying that much doesn't seem so crazy to me, I mean any band I love I'd pay that for (Arcade Fire (50 euro), U2 (60 euro), Bruce (87 euro), Morrissey (55 euro), Radiohead (70.70 euro)); I'm used to being ripped off by bands but if Wilco are as good live as people say they are I think it could be worth it
__________________
Irishteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #355
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 01:03 AM
I probably quantify these sorts of things differently than other people. I've seen everyone else you listed except Moz and Wilco have been consistently better live than all but Radiohead.
__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
I guess to me the idea of paying that much doesn't seem so crazy to me, I mean any band I love I'd pay that for (Arcade Fire (50 euro), U2 (60 euro), Bruce (87 euro), Morrissey (55 euro), Radiohead (70.70 euro)); I'm used to being ripped off by bands but if Wilco are as good live as people say they are I think it could be worth it
It's the going rate and a fair price in today's market, imo. Of course it's all relative. I wouldn't be able to afford it if I were in college, for example, but as a working adult I don't blink an eye at $67 for a band like Wilco (especially when I see a younger band like Arcade Fire charging the same thing).
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #357
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
It's the going rate and a fair price in today's market, imo. Of course it's all relative. I wouldn't be able to afford it if I were in college, for example, but as a working adult I don't blink an eye at $67 for a band like Wilco (especially when I see a younger band like Arcade Fire charging the same thing).
Difference between Wilco and Arcade Fire here though is Wilco are still an Indie band, Arcade Fire are a huge mainstream band. Wilco are playing a 1500 capacity venue (Sold out one night, second is on sell not selling out fast though), Arcade Fire sold out two 10,000 capacity venues in minutes. I probably will end up paying for it, I should get my credit card bill soon, I'm pretty sure it's all paid off, if it is I'll get a ticket to Wilco if not, there's always next time
__________________
Irishteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #358
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
Wilco are playing a 1500 capacity venue
That makes it even more worth the ticket price! But I hear you.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #359
Blue Crack Addict
 
Irishteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 29,624
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
That makes it even more worth the ticket price! But I hear you.
Yeah it's a really nice venue, I've been there a couple of times before but never on the floor. Right now I'm 80% leaning towards going, just hope it doesn't sell out for a little while
__________________
Irishteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #360
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 01:03 AM
1,500 is fucking tiny for them. Now I'm thinking it's more worth the price.
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wilco

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com