Wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually leaning toward doing the same thing, BIMM. But instead of following Wilco around, I'd be financing tickets for all the other bands I want to see. Which, at some point this year, will of course include Wilco.

NEW ALBUM.

Wilco (the Album) will be out in June. Here's the tracklist:

01 Wilco (the Song)
02 Deeper Down
03 One Wing
04 Bull Black Nova
05 You and I (this is the Feist duet. Boner!)
06 You Never Know
07 Country Disappeared
08 Solitaire
09 I'll Fight
10 Sunny Feeling
11 Everlasting

I hope "I'll Fight" is "Let's Fight" that they've played live a number of times. That song kicks ass.

I'll admit it, I don't know anything about these guys, where should I start?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Awesome. This will be the first Wilco album to come out since I caught the bug. Put that shit near the top of my most-anticipated in 2009 list.

June 30 is the release date I've heard.

I'm definitely seeing them in Wilmington and Lewiston. I may throw Portland into the mix, too, if I feel like some crazy roadtripping. Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band are opening every show except Brooklyn, where Yo La Tengo will be the opener.

Did anybody else see Ashes of American Flags yet? I haven't gotten the DVD yet, but I saw it at one of the local colleges last weekend. It's a little disjointed, and I think there could've been more of both the interviews and the performances, but I still think it did a great job of capturing the band.

I haven't seen Wilco since December. I've seen two of Jeff's solo shows this year and may get a chance to see Nels Cline play next weekend, but it still feels like way too long since I've seen these guys.

11w38ys.gif

That's a pretty high price ($37) for a band with which you're not all that familiar.

It's $67, and yeah it is but nearly all concerts are that expensive here. We're the most expensive country in europe for concerts, bands double their prices here half the time in relation to what they charge in Europe. Arcade Fire were charging over 50 last time. Tickets are closer to 40 anyway, I'm just adding on ticketbastard fees

Outside of The 2, I consider Wilco the greatest live band I've ever seen. Arguably the most skilled instrumentally as well.

That video is a pretty good reason but is that worth 50 euro...

I don't know anyone who has been disappointed in a Wilco show. People are generally blown away. If you like what you've heard so far, you will probably LOVE a Wilco show.

I must have flipped the exchange rate. Probably wishful thinking what with my country's currency in the fucking toilet.

Yeah, Wilco will blow you away. Wilco will love you, baby. But $67 is silly. I can't believe they're charging that much. It boils down to how you spend money. Personally, I don't think anyone is worth $67, and this is coming from a guy who adores Wilco and firmly places them in his all time top five favorite bands.

I must have flipped the exchange rate. Probably wishful thinking what with my country's currency in the fucking toilet.

Yeah, Wilco will blow you away. Wilco will love you, baby. But $67 is silly. I can't believe they're charging that much. It boils down to how you spend money. Personally, I don't think anyone is worth $67, and this is coming from a guy who adores Wilco and firmly places them in his all time top five favorite bands.

I guess to me the idea of paying that much doesn't seem so crazy to me, I mean any band I love I'd pay that for (Arcade Fire (50 euro), U2 (60 euro), Bruce (87 euro), Morrissey (55 euro), Radiohead (70.70 euro)); I'm used to being ripped off by bands but if Wilco are as good live as people say they are I think it could be worth it

I probably quantify these sorts of things differently than other people. I've seen everyone else you listed except Moz and Wilco have been consistently better live than all but Radiohead.

I guess to me the idea of paying that much doesn't seem so crazy to me, I mean any band I love I'd pay that for (Arcade Fire (50 euro), U2 (60 euro), Bruce (87 euro), Morrissey (55 euro), Radiohead (70.70 euro)); I'm used to being ripped off by bands but if Wilco are as good live as people say they are I think it could be worth it

It's the going rate and a fair price in today's market, imo. Of course it's all relative. I wouldn't be able to afford it if I were in college, for example, but as a working adult I don't blink an eye at $67 for a band like Wilco (especially when I see a younger band like Arcade Fire charging the same thing).

It's the going rate and a fair price in today's market, imo. Of course it's all relative. I wouldn't be able to afford it if I were in college, for example, but as a working adult I don't blink an eye at $67 for a band like Wilco (especially when I see a younger band like Arcade Fire charging the same thing).

Difference between Wilco and Arcade Fire here though is Wilco are still an Indie band, Arcade Fire are a huge mainstream band. Wilco are playing a 1500 capacity venue (Sold out one night, second is on sell not selling out fast though), Arcade Fire sold out two 10,000 capacity venues in minutes. I probably will end up paying for it, I should get my credit card bill soon, I'm pretty sure it's all paid off, if it is I'll get a ticket to Wilco if not, there's always next time

That makes it even more worth the ticket price! :) But I hear you.

Yeah it's a really nice venue, I've been there a couple of times before but never on the floor. Right now I'm 80% leaning towards going, just hope it doesn't sell out for a little while

1,500 is fucking tiny for them. Now I'm thinking it's more worth the price.

Back
Top Bottom