Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess it's sorta like smoking and walking at the same time
In that it will have left you aged normally

:giggle:

This song probably has my favorite lines from the new album.

Ah! I was totally going to mention that part of that song. And then before it, talking about sex aging you and making you younger at the same time. Brilliant.

Also, tomorrow! :hyper: (Guess who's personally hoping for a cool laminated tour pass or something? :wink: )

Scumbo, why didn't you tell me that Why? is so fucking amazing live? Seriously, they're so tight as a band, which I wasn't expecting at all. I'm terrible at setlists, so I don't know it, but mostly stuff from Alopecia and Eskimo Snow, with a couple others thrown in. I noticed that I liked the songs from Eskimo Snow a lot more when they were mixed into the set; they broke up the set nicely. My only complaint is that they didn't play for much longer than an hour, which was a bit disappointing. The energy of the show more than made up for that though.

Here's a few good pictures I got:

PA070488.jpg

PA070489.jpg

PA070493.jpg

PA070502.jpg

Awesome pics! Glad it was enjoyable, any stand out songs?

Hopefully I'm in the mood to see a show solo tomorrow, as none of my friends know Why?, and I'm doubting they'd be enjoy them even if they did go. We shall see.

Into the Shadows of My Embrace was playing on the radio when I got in my car this morning. :up:

Awesome pics! Glad it was enjoyable, any stand out songs?

Hopefully I'm in the mood to see a show solo tomorrow, as none of my friends know Why?, and I'm doubting they'd be enjoy them even if they did go. We shall see.

Into the Shadows of My Embrace was playing on the radio when I got in my car this morning. :up:

From Alopecia the stand-outs were: "These Few Presidents," "The Vowels, Pt. 2," "A Sky for Shoeing Horses Under," (with awesome xylophone work by the drummer!) and "By Torpedo or Crohn's" closing the main set was pretty sweet too. I loved "Into the Shadows of My Embrace." That was one of my favorite performances by far. I was a little bummed they didn't play the song from Alopecia with the lyrics: "I sleep on my back cause it's good for the spine and coffin rehearsal." Is that "Fatalist Palmistry?" I can never remember.

Do it! They were in high spirits on Wednesday and seemed to be having a ton of fun.

:up: Excellent way to start off your morning.

inorite. springfield, ma has museums too. :crack: only one i've ever been to was when one of the buildings was on fire. and then, i clearly didn't go inside.

(actually, that's not true. well, the part about not going into the burning building is true. i don't do that. i'm the smartass with the ambulance muttering "hey, that building is burning, someone should go wake up the fire department and tell them to put some water on it." but i did go to the armory museum once because guns are cool)

scary, isn't it? i'm a paramedic. but i'm also cool with being called an ambulance driver, wellfare taxi service, etc.

contrary to what i put in my profile, i am not actually batman. or bruce wayne. just some shlub in a truck with sharp pointy things and the wavey line machine.

WHY? Announce New Album, Mumps, etc. | News | Pitchfork

b6788e27.png

Yoni Wolf's WHY? will put out a new full length, the very unfortunately titled Mumps, etc., on October 9 through Anticon in the U.S. and October 8 through City Slang in Europe. In the meanwhile, they'll also release a new five-track EP called Sod in the Seed, also through Anticon/City Slang, on August 14 in the U.S. and August 13 in Europe, and they'll kick off a big tour. Listen to the title track from that EP above, and watch a video of the cover shoot for the new album below. (That's the cover, above.)

Mumps, etc:

01 Jonathan's Hope
02 Strawberries
03 Waterlines
04 Thirteen on High
05 White English
06 Danny
07 Sod in the Seed
08 Distance
09 Thirst
10 Kevin's Cancer
11 Bitter Thoughts
12 Paper Hearts
13 As a Card

WHY?:

08-24 Columbia, MO - The Blue Note *&
08-25 Norman, OK - Opolis *&
08-26 Santa Fe, NM - SOL @ Santa Fe Brewing *&
08-27 Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom *&
08-28 Los Angeles, CA - Echoplex *#
08-30 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall ^*#
08-31 Arcata, CA - Arcata Playhouse *#
09-01 Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom *#
09-02 Seattle, WA - Bumbershoot Festival
09-03 Boise, ID - Reef *%
09-04 Salt Lake City, UT - In the Venue *%
09-05 Englewood, CO - The Gothic *%
09-06 Omaha, NE - The Waiting Room *%
09-07 Lawrence, KS - The Granada *%
09-08 Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Center ^*%
09-09 Chicago, IL - Lincoln Hall ^*%
09-10 Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom ^*%
09-11 Ithaca, NY - The Haunt^*+
09-12 Cambridge, MA - Middle East^*+
09-13 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg ^*+
09-14 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer ^*+
09-15 Durham, NC - Motorco Music Hall ^*+
09-16 Asheville, NC - Grey Eagle ^*+
09-17 Atlanta, GA - The Earl ^*+
09-18 Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge ^*+
10-05 Düsseldorf, Germany - New Fall Festival
10-06 Evreux, France - L'Abordage
10-07 Paris, France - Maroquinerie
10-08 Brighton, England - Old Market
10-09 London, England - Electric Ballroom
10-10 Manchester, England - Central Methodist Church
10-11 Bristol, England - Fleece
10-12 Glasgow, Scotland - SWG3
10-13 Oxford, England - The Bullingdon
10-15 Berlin, Germany - Volksbühne
10-18 Cincinnati, OH - Lois & Richard Lowenthal Center for Contemporary Art Black Box Theatre
10-20 Pittsburgh, PA - Altar
10-24 Richmond, VA - Canal Club
10-25 Athens, GA - 40 Watt
10-26 Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbits
10-27 Orlando, FL - The Social
10-28 Tampa, FL - Crowbar
10-29 Tallahassee, FL - Club Downunder
10-30 Mobile, AL - Alabama Music Box
10-31 Baton Rouge, LA - Spanish Moon
11-01 Houston, TX - Walter's
11-02 Dallas, TX - Sons of Hermann Hall
11-03 Austin, TX - Fun Fun Fun Fest
11-05 St. Louis, MO - Luminary Arts

* with Serengeti
^ with Doseone
& with DJ Tony Trimm
# with dj sodapop
% with Jel (DJ Set)
+ with DJ Thanksgiving Brown

:up:

They've been 2 for 2 with awesome music videos for this release.

WHY? - Strawberries (Official Video) - YouTube

Album came out today, for anyone that actually might still read this thread. I haven't heard it yet, as Amazon hasn't decided it was important enough to ship to me on time.

EDIT: Apparently the physical versions were delayed in the US until the end of the month because of a pressing issue. Digital versions are available now. I just used a $10 credit I had to get the digital version from Amazon, despite having the physical copy preordered already.

Back
Top Bottom