Who sings this cover of Wild Horses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Auhiz

The Fly
YouTube - Debated - Wild Horses (Piano Acoustic Rolling Stones Cover)

Can you Interferers please help out with a definitive answer? Who is this?

Here's what people are saying: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The arguments going every which way are kinda funny to read through, but now I just want to label my mp3 once and for all. :reject:

TIA if you can help. It's a beautiful cover, by the way.

Also, did anyone ever find out who performed that mysterious U2-ish song? It was posted on here a while back..

I don't consider myself an expert on Jewel, but that sure as hell don't sound like her voice while she's talking. Jewel's got a bit more of a twang.

The other people on YouTube seem to think it's Chantal Kreviazuk, but I'm not familiar with her work. She's fucking HOT, though.

Regardless, the version by The Sundays is better.

YouTube - The Sundays - Wild Horses

Elvis Costello and Lucinda Williams did a lovely version of it a few years ago on that TV show Crossroads. I have an mp3 of it somewhere.

^^ Cool I'll have to have a look around for that version as well.

And yeah The Sundays' version is one of the best (if not the best) cover versions of any song that I've heard. First heard it during some movie years ago.

So does anyone know who sings that other version, which I also really like? Holly McNarland was another name that was mentioned. Anyone?

I prefer the Stones version to that Sundays version and any others I've heard.

It's all about Mick! He wrote the damn song. He knew how it needed to be sung. And he nailed it some 35+ years ago.

And yeah The Sundays' version is one of the best (if not the best) cover versions of any song that I've heard. First heard it during some movie years ago.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that movie may have been entitled Fear. The song is featured in the scene where Marky Mark Whalberg is fingering Reese Witherspoon while they're on a rollercoaster.

I haven't seen that movie in a long time but I remember really liking it. The scene at the end is intense when Marky Mark is tryin to break into the house.

Are we supposed to believe he brought her to orgasm well before the conclusion of what was likely an under two-minute rollercoaster ride? Without even, ahh...doing any "detailed" work?

Speaking as an amusement park veteran, no fucking way.

That clip is still kind of hot, but Reese hasn't done it for me since she popped out those kids.

Are we supposed to believe he brought her to orgasm well before the conclusion of what was likely an under two-minute rollercoaster ride? Without even, ahh...doing any "detailed" work?

Speaking as an amusement park veteran, no fucking way.

That clip is still kind of hot, but Reese hasn't done it for me since she popped out those kids.

I think the whole idea is that Reese was "untouched" so to speak in her life before that rollercoaster ride. So Marky Mark didn't have to do all that much I guess.

I think there was a Madonna song about that. ...touched for the very first time. Somethin like that.

I think the whole idea is that Reese was "untouched" so to speak in her life before that rollercoaster ride. So Marky Mark didn't have to do all that much I guess.

So your predilection for young womens is centered around the notion that you won't have to do as much work?

Wow. You're creepy AND lazy.

Back
Top Bottom