Who has your favorite singing voice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
It could be anybody. Doesn't have to be a professional musician, or even a rock and roll front man. Although, some people on this board will be inclined to say that Bono has their favorite singing voice of ALL TIME (and I wouldn't think that a strange opinion), I'd like to know if there are more varied opinions on this.

It could be anybody. Did you like the way your Mom sang songs in the car or at church? Your music teacher in school? Sting? Mick Jagger? Perhaps one of those great tenor opera singers?

If you could only listen to one singing voice for the rest of your life, or if you had to pick your favorite singing voice, what would it be?

Tough question, I know. Currently I have a few singing voices that I find to be most especially lovely:

Nicola Roberts (a sweet and almost angelic quality to her vocal tones. very unmistakable)
Lea Michele (power)
John Lennon (just a natural coolness to Lennon's vocals)
Michael Stipe (you can hear everything in Stipe's vocal. Anger, wisdom, strangeness, sadness, everything. even the "mumbling")

We could also talk about the act of singing. Is it hard to be a singer? Do you have to be born with it? Can you truly train yourself to become a good singer, or is it natural?

Amy Lee from Evanescence

Moya (Maire) Brennan from Clannad

That's about it so far

Mike Patton and Layne Staley, followed by Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell and Bono, in his '91-'95 era.

The Edge
Don Henley
Randy Newman (my old roommate made fun of me- he HATED his voice)
Dan Haseltine (Jars Of Clay)
Jeremy Diebler (FFH)

No, I didn't know she had a new album out.

I'll check it out!

PJ Harvey :heart:

watch

I'll go with James Dean Bradfield of the Manic Street Preachers. Whether he's singing or screaming, he's always doing it right.

Back
Top Bottom