Who all plays guitar here?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
18sg.jpg

Imagine what a bitch that would be to tune :huh:

:crazy: i've considered getting a 7-string..it'd be cool to have an extra low string. but I'd have to really think about how to use it.

Yeah, maybe you'll find my guitar :grumpy:

:( that sucks. I would be VERY upset if one of my guitars got stolen...especially from a friend?! ridiculous. at least you got a better one. How do you find the Epiphone Les Paul to be? I've also considered getting Les Paul, though I'd probably go for Gibson if I had the chance

we should all post pictures!!!!!!~!!!!1

IMG_0504.jpg

Photo53.jpg

Photo8.jpg

I play. And I've been playing for nearly 10 years now.

I have a Mexican Fender Telecaster. It's unpainted. I think it was a 1972 reissue. It originally had humbuckers in it, but I replaced them with Seymour-Duncan P-Rails, which are amazing (it's a P-90 and a single-coil pickup wound together with coil-tapping options so you can either play P-90, single-coil, humbucker, or PAF).

I have a black Mexican Fender Stratocaster. It's my backup guitar.

I play through a pre-Chinese Vox AC30 with the greenback speaker, and a Fender Blues Jr.

I've got a TC Electronics Nova Delay, an Electro-Harmonix Linear Power Booster, a true bypass effects loop with a boost, a Boss TU-2 tuner, and an Ernie Ball Volume Jr. Soon I'll be adding a Line 6 Verbzilla (cuz I wanna get that shimmer sound) and an Electro-Harmonix POG.

Oh, and I've got a microKorg synth. But that's not a guitar at all now is it?

my dad has a Strat and a Tele...I dig the Strat. the Tele is fun too but it feels a bit too much like an acoustic to me...I think it's the thick neck + higher action. I prefer the thinner necks (easier for my small hands), which is another reason why I'm looking into Ibanez. they have those Wizard necks

I know there's a thread for original music, but seeing as this is a guitar thread people should feel free to post their guitaring skillz in here too :)

my dad has a Strat and a Tele...I dig the Strat. the Tele is fun too but it feels a bit too much like an acoustic to me...I think it's the thick neck + higher action. I prefer the thinner necks...

My tele is a thinline. :)

Good thread!

My gear:

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop, Squier Telecaster Arctic White, Dean ZX Sunburst.

Effects: Boss TR2 Tremolo, Boss DS1 Distortion, Boss BD2 Blues Driver, Rocktron Classic Wah

Amps: Squier Classic 15 watt, Fender G DEC

I am currently working for my second Gibson. A Les Paul Custom. I mainly hook up into the G DEC rather than my effects. My favorite guitarist is Edge. Mainly because he is unique and different from many others. I love his playing style I also like Jimmy Page, Slash, Steve Clark and others. My playing style is more of a rhythmic, slow style. Sort of like Edge. I really am not a shredder. I can't do a whole lot of fast stuff.

My tele is a thinline. :)

nice! you should post pix.

I do love the look of the Tele. My dad's is all black

Photo2-1.jpg

also it sounds great on a tube amp with a sweet lead tone. not really the kinda stuff I play, but it's nice

theedgeu2 - I'm with you...I'm trying to get faster and I can do some fast stuff, but a lot of what I play with my friend is slower and simple. Very Edge-like, except it's over heavier sounding stuff, so I think it creates an interesting sound

if anyone is interested here is some very demo-y samples of me playing

Astrid - BandMix.com

"And when the sky turned to dust, you were there" is a post-rock song which may be of interest to some people (ignore some of the timing errors/shitty bass simulator). you all should post music too!

wow, that's really cool! How do you get a song on iTunes? can anyone do it?

I can definitely hear The Edge influence :)

wow, that's really cool! How do you get a song on iTunes? can anyone do it?

I can definitely hear The Edge influence :)

Here's how you get it onto iTunes: TuneCore: Digital Music Distribution
Yeah, I think that is the best of my work. I have another account with a second song on there. Let me find it real quick.;)

I got my first guitar, a crappy Ibanez acoustic, for Christmas 1992. I spent more time learning to play it than studying in college. At that time, I used to put in Matthew Sweet, Counting Crows, Gin Blossoms, Tom Petty, and REM albums and try to play along with them all the way through. Never attempted much U2, because I couldn't make it sound accurate, and Edge doesn't play chords much. I'm still a chord hacker, and I never learned any music theory, so I have to memorize everything. No improv here.

After college, I splurged on a Taylor 614C, before they put the fishman system in them. I wish it had the fishman pickup and EQ, but I wouldn't get rid of it. That guitar has sent quite a few customers Taylor's way. I intend to have it until I get arthritis or die.

About seven years ago, I bought a Rickenbacker 360. I never even bought an amp for it because it felt like playing slinky's, and I couldn't even form a chord without bending strings out of tune. It is criminally underplayed.

I'm not much of a Gibson fanboy, I've always been content with my Epiphone LP, I like the look, the scale and the sound is killer. If you're someone that perceives the tiny differences in their sound, or expect other people to, go and spend the rest of the money on the Gibson, I know its comfortable and durable, and if you want you can make any sound you want with effects these days. Edge plays Breathe on an Epiphone, I think Adam's bass on Boots was too, its good enough for me.

I don't have any pics of it actually, because I don't take pics often. :laugh: But I have a video from my band's first live show with me playing it. The sound is shitty, though. I'm on the far left.

YouTube - Paper Mountains: Attention to Detail

yeah I can't hear what's going on there very well, but I dig the stuff on your myspace :up: very catchy. I really like the end of Remains To Be Seen.

I'm not much of a Gibson fanboy, I've always been content with my Epiphone LP, I like the look, the scale and the sound is killer. If you're someone that perceives the tiny differences in their sound, or expect other people to, go and spend the rest of the money on the Gibson, I know its comfortable and durable, and if you want you can make any sound you want with effects these days. Edge plays Breathe on an Epiphone, I think Adam's bass on Boots was too, its good enough for me.

nice. I've never played an Epiphone honestly, so I wouldn't know the difference. glad to hear it's quality. I have a Fender Squier in addition to my Explorer, and honestly it's a pretty decent guitar. Not amazing, but certainly good. Only problem is it's left-handed so I have to string it backwards :lol:

sooo I went guitar shoppin' with my buddy today aaand I found an AMAZING deal on a ESP LTD MH-1000 non-tremolo with Duncan pickups. that link is the cheapest I can find it for online; most places have it at $800+ ... and the local shop has it for $400. Any opinions? I think I'm gonna call and beg the parents for money before someone else snatches it up... It felt great and sounded great. Played it through a Fender amp, which is what I have, to get the best idea of what sort of sound I'd get out of it at home. Both the clean and the distorted were awesome, and it was tuned to drop-C and sounded badass (I like low tunings). Anyone have any experience with ESPs?

theedgeu2 I love the strap for your Tele :lol:

I got a new guitar :hyper:

P6300107.jpg

the tones I'm getting out of it are amaaazinggg...love those Duncan pickups

all three of mine:

P6300110.jpg

are you making a sort of art piece? i'm interested now! i bet they would make a cool looking chandelier...except for the fact that they are plastic.

hahah not currently. I'm just trying to collect as many different kinds as possible. perhaps they could become some sort of art piece at some point, though

So, I'm doubting that anyone will have an answer to this question, but ... does anyone know anything about buying guitars in Greece? I'm studying abroad in Athens next semester, but we're not supposed to bring electric guitars because they're "subject to high import duties," whatever that means. but I just can't imagine not playing guitar for four months, so I'm wondering if I can find a cheap one there or something. don't even want an amp, just a guitar.

Back
Top Bottom