Who all plays guitar here?!?! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post

And I record with a Boss BR1600CD 16 track digital recorder.
16 track! fancy. mine is only 8.

awesome that you learned at age 10. wish I had learned that early... that's about when my cousin learned and now he goes around playing Eruption by Van Halen and Dream Theater songs. he blows me away and he's only in high school.

I've heard some of your stuff. you're good

I have a Fender FM212R amp, 100 watts. and I have a Boss ME-20 effects pedal

my main influences are The Edge (for pretty, simple leads on the high strings), Tom Morello (for badass riffs), Thomas Erak (from The Fall of Troy - for general craziness and fast hammer-ons/pull-offs), and Dave Knudson (from Minus the Bear/Botch - for tapping, something I'm just getting into). The guy I play with listens to a lot of Tool, Opeth, and Porcupine Tree, so that plays a part in my music as well.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

i play.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i play.
care to elaborate?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:24 PM
There's also a thread here:

Guitar Girls thread
Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:24 PM
Well, now, that's just sexist.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

bitches love me cause they know that i can rock
Old 06-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicBono View Post
care to elaborate?
lol. been playing since i was 8. i have two Washburn acoustics, and Les Paul, and a Fender Strat (Jimmy Vaughn edition). good times.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

The only thing that really makes me unique is that I have no family history of music at all. No one plays any instruments, no one has any interest, my father doesn't even listen to music at all. None of my siblings play an instrument, none of my parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, none of them. I have over 30 cousins, and I'm the only one who plays an instrument.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

I've played guitar for eight years now, started because a girl I had a crush on at summer camp told me she liked guys that could play guitars I learned ISHFWILF and Pride by the end of camp.

I have an acoustic that I haven't taken out of the case in about two years, it's a Seagull. Pretty decent as far as mid-level acoustic guitars go, but I play lead guitar parts almost exclusively and I don't sing at all, so I never have reason to play it, really.

My electric is my baby - an Epiphone Les Paul, red/yellow sunburst just like I always wanted. I just got it last summer. The guitar I learned on was a Peavey Raptor (super cheapo Strat copy) that I got for Christmas 2001. It was black with a white pickguard, exactly like the one Edge uses for Streets on the Elevation Boston DVD. My roommate last summer left it too close to an open window though, and it got stolen while I was at work. My other roommate saw the guy, and I'm 95% sure it's someone who until then was a good friend of mine But it gave me a good excuse to go out and buy a new, much better one.

I've only been in a band once, in high school. We lasted for two practice sessions, and most of that time was spent figuring out a band name and logo instead of playing (we were "Internally Outward" ), but we had to break up when our drummer's mom didn't want us making so much noise in her basement.

Other than that I've only performed in front of a group of people twice, once in a talent show in high school (playing random chords behind a friend of mine while he did some crazy acrobatic shit on stage), and once at an open mic at the campus pub cause I was drunk and trying to impress a girl. I played City of Lakes by Matt Mays, Smile Like You Mean It by The Killers, and Lucky Man by The Verve. It didn't work.

Mostly when I play I usually just put iTunes on shuffle and play along with whatever songs happen to come on, figuring out the key, then the parts the actual guitarist in the band is playing, then making up my own part to go along with the second half or the solo. It's a good challenge, I think, and I've become a LOT better in the past year just doing that, really.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

by the way, i highly suggest the Line 6 Toneport. you can just plug your guitar right into the computer. yes!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I have a wonderful 1948 Martin 000-18 that I used to play. It kind of sits in the hallway in its case collecting dust most of the time now.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #27
Blue Meth Addict

Yeah, I have a few guitars that make their way out of my closet about once a year. I play my friends' guitars more than I play my own.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:36 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
I have a guitar but it's in bits and only has three strings right now, over the last year the only guitar I've played is a small acoustic one my younger sister has and some of my friend's guitars when we are recording songs. We recorded an album on audacity and were pretty impressed with how it turned out, the music turned out a lot more experimental than we originally planned with little straight forward riff driven rock at all. I also learnt some keyboards too because my friend can show me up completely on guitar. Hopefully I'll be getting a new guitar soon (or one of my friend's old ones that he doesn't have room for anymore) than hopefully a decent effects pedal so I can start practising more before we go back to recording another album
Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
There's also a thread here:

Guitar Girls thread
nice! girls playing guitar ftw. I feel like B&C is the best place for a guitar thread though, so everyone who plays can find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Mostly when I play I usually just put iTunes on shuffle and play along with whatever songs happen to come on, figuring out the key, then the parts the actual guitarist in the band is playing, then making up my own part to go along with the second half or the solo. It's a good challenge, I think, and I've become a LOT better in the past year just doing that, really.
that is absolutely a good idea. learning songs can help you learn techniques you wouldn't have known otherwise, and improvising to a song is obviously gonna help you solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
I have a guitar but it's in bits and only has three strings right now
you need to fix that, most guitars have six strings you know

I'm going with my guitarist friend tomorrow to check out guitars at pawn shops. Maybe I'll find something awesome!
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicBono View Post
most guitars have six strings you know

Imagine what a bitch that would be to tune

Quote:
I'm going with my guitarist friend tomorrow to check out guitars at pawn shops. Maybe I'll find something awesome!
Yeah, maybe you'll find my guitar

Tags
guitar