Whitney Houston Dead: Singer Dies At 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was that easy, millions of women would have been spared living through abusive relationships by leaving their partners after the first time they were hit.

Was just gonna say-doesn't matter the status in life, saying, "Just leave" is a lot easier said than done in these situations. Even those who do get out right away don't always manage to truly escape their abusive partners. BoMac, awesome post :up:.

*Feels a headache coming on, rubs temples*

I just want to say, that this is really tragic news.:sad: She has a grieving daughter & mother left behind. My heart & prayers goes out to them as they go through this difficult time.

May you RIP Whitney.

Perhaps as a primary cause, but it certainly didn't do her any favours. Of course, it could come back that she had an aneurism or something completely unrelated. Who knows... so ya, I agree

Yeah, if it comes back that it was in fact prescription drugs + alcohol that killed her, that's an entirely different conversation.

Well, maybe not entirely different. But jeez, turn it towards the abuse of legal prescription drugs that's so prevalent rather than pulling out the old "Crack is whack LOL" jokes.

corianderstem said:
Yeah, if it comes back that it was in fact prescription drugs + alcohol that killed her, that's an entirely different conversation.

Well, maybe not entirely different. But jeez, turn it towards the abuse of legal prescription drugs that's so prevalent rather than pulling out the old "Crack is whack LOL" jokes.

I heard that Bobby Brown supplied the prescription drugs, alcohol, and the hotel room. It's TOTALLY his fault!

Word on the street is that she didn't drown... I ain't no fancy science doctor or nothin', but I would think that would hint at something more sudden than an overdose

Word on the street is that she didn't drown... I ain't no fancy science doctor or nothin', but I would think that would hint at something more sudden than an overdose

I thought it said the cause of death was the drug + booze. Or did it just say it wasn't drowning and left it at that?

Well, I think it was assumed that she passed out and drowned in the tub. But I've heard there wasn't enough water in her lungs, so she was probably already dead when she went under the water. I don't think there have been toxicology reports yet... I could be completely wrong on all counts

I thought I had read that they had released the cause of death as the drugs + booze, but it was the toxicology report that takes 6-8 weeks, so the world will have to wait to pile on the ridicule about how many drugs she had or didn't have in her system.

But then how would they know if the Rx + booze had killed her if they have to wait to find out about drugs? Maybe I misread whatever that was today.

seems she didn't have enough water in her lungs to indicate drowning, so she was dead before she slipped under. seems like an elixir of drugs and booze. plus her body couldn't have been in good shape. she'd destroyed her vocal cords, much of the rest of her was probably a mess as well.

Seriously, is every single last media writer speculating on her death and also these no name fuckwit "law enforcement sources" fucking retarded?

So far the list of pills found in her room:

Xanax - anti anxiety
Ibuprofen - headache/pain
Midol - cramps
Amoxicillin - antibiotic

and beer, and champagne.

I'm pretty sure a good number of people have taken those medications with alcohol before, in varying combinations. Bono included, for those who need a U2-degree of separation in their every waking thought.

You're playing with fire when you mix prescription drugs and alcohol. Just because you can get away with it 9 times doesn't mean that it won't bite you in the ass on the 10th. And the rate of absorption would completely depend on how much alcohol was in the system. You can die from taking aspirin and alcohol. It's silly and irresponsible to think that those drugs are harmless when taken with alcohol. Plus, if she was a chronic alcoholic, which seems like it might be the case, it makes it even more dangerous. I'm not really one to speculate, but I'd put a large wager on booze/drugs and liver failure being the main cause of her death

Oh, I know it CAN be deadly, but for the love of god all that happens most of the time is you either reduce the efficacy by introducing alcohol (ie, prevent an antibiotic from doing it's job) or you get more drowsy than you normally would..ie Xanax & wine.

I'm just saying that the rampant speculation is getting silly: "she may have obtained the drugs illegally through a furtive network of different doctors" type shit. Really? She could have gotten all four of those perfectly legally from the same doctor, they're all very common and not to my knowledge contraindicative - but I ain't no doctor and I've never taken Midol :lol:

Or "she died after swallowing a cocktail of half a dozen strong prescription drugs and booze". Along with a burger and some fries and a beer, of course.

I'm just saying that the rampant speculation is getting silly: "she may have obtained the drugs illegally through a furtive network of different doctors" type shit. Really? She could have gotten all four of those perfectly legally from the same doctor

agreed. that sort of speculation is pointless

If taking pills with alcohol isn't the definition of insanity, I don't know what is.

Right. Ok Dr Phils, everyone who has a beer or a drink while prescribed a medication is insane.. :coocoo:

Sure, don't swig your pills with booze, but there's no evidence yet that she did that. The mere existence of the pills in the room means nothing, she could have had it all at different times. Xanax at night, say, Ibuprofren and maybe Midol in the morning for the headache/time of the month stuff and a Heineken at lunch isn't gonna kill anybody, per se.

It's only because of her past that this story is being cooked this way. And that is silly imo.

Right. Ok Dr Phils, everyone who has a beer or a drink while prescribed a medication is insane.. :coocoo:

Sure, don't swig your pills with booze, but there's no evidence yet that she did that. The mere existence of the pills in the room means nothing, she could have had it all at different times. Xanax at night, say, Ibuprofren and maybe Midol in the morning for the headache/time of the month stuff and a Heineken at lunch isn't gonna kill anybody, per se.

It's only because of her past that this story is being cooked this way. And that is silly imo.
No, I absolutely think that. If I am taking pills, I do not drink. Period. And I say this as a college student with drinking habits that in most other situations would be considered alcoholism. But if I have to take medication for something, I do not drink, because mixing alcohol with shit that will at the very least damage your liver is idiotic.

Yeah, it obviously does not automatically kill you, but that doesn't mean it's a wise choice. You gambled and got lucky.

My doctor told me definitively DO NOT DRINK with the anxiety meds she prescribed. What am I going to do - try it just to see what happens? Why the fuck would I do that? I'm not going to take the risk that I'm going to be the one in a million person who has a rare reaction to the combo.

As for poor Whitney, yeah, speculation gets out of hand, but for shit's sake, if you've got a history of being a drug addict, it's not too great a stretch for it to be a reasonable guess that it contributed to and/or caused her death.

Is finding out that she died of a heart attack or anyuerism (sp? sorry) going to make a difference about anything? It's still a sad, sordid end to her life, which had a sad, sordid decline because of (or at the very least, partly because of) addiction.

I guess moderation is the name of the game for me. My science is certainly not exact but everything I've read about booze and pills is that drinking heavily while on pills is what reduces your liver's ability to do it's thing. I don't drink heavily if I have to take anything, mostly because drinking heavily makes me feel like shit afterwards and the reason I'm likely taking something is because I already feel like shit. If that makes any sense. I'm talking one drink, maybe two. That's not causing my liver to fail or my heart to stop, nah.

But as for Whitney, she did drink heavily and had probably weakened one or more vital organs with the years of street drugs so..yeah..:|

It's more of a fear of not knowing how out of it I'll be that stops me, not that I think my liver will go on strike immediately. I'm not interested in seeing how out of control I'll get with a combo, or if I'll have Cori's Very First Blackout.

Pass.

No, I absolutely think that. If I am taking pills, I do not drink. Period. And I say this as a college student with drinking habits that in most other situations would be considered alcoholism. But if I have to take medication for something, I do not drink, because mixing alcohol with shit that will at the very least damage your liver is idiotic.

Same except I don't drink quite as much. The point is, the Doctor says don't do it, the pharmacist says don't do it, and they went to school for far longer and for much different a field as I, I'm not going to fuck around with what they say.

I have to agree with PhilsFan here. It's your risk, so do what you want, I guess, but no way in hell would I ever drink alcohol of any kind in any quantity while on pills for something. Never. I'm just too scared of the potential consequences. You can think it's an overreaction all you want, but I just feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Seriously, is every single last media writer speculating on her death and also these no name fuckwit "law enforcement sources" fucking retarded?

They showed a thing on "The Daily Show" last night talking about how CNN-CNN-reported her death. Some guy with a microphone was going into the street and asking random passerby if they'd heard she died, as though it were a freaking "Jaywalking" segment of some sort. Truly, it was one of the most tasteless, stupid things ever.

I've avoided all media speculation and analyzation of her death. I know I won't get any sort of non-tabloid related story about her, I know it'll be full of totally random, useless information and disrespectful photographs of her in her downward spiral (or, god forbid, death photos)...it's just going to be the usual three-ring circus, with insensitive, ratings-grabbing BS.

Back
Top Bottom