Whitney Houston Dead: Singer Dies At 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Six degrees of Kevin Costner.

Kevin Costner was in Field of Dreams with Ray Liotta who was in
Goodfellas with Joe Pesci who was in
Lethal Weapon 4 with Mel Gibson who was in
Million Dollar Hotel with Bono (who had a cameo)

and now it's come full circle.

FG, you are way out of line and doing yourself no favors with anyone.

No, obit threads aren't the appropriate place for snark, but that doesn't make multiple pages of bickering in response okay either.

I'm tempted to lock this one right off the bat, but that'd be a shame considering the death just happened and there'll doubtless be followup stories, as well as more posters stopping by who might like to comment. If people keep feeding the argument it won't stay open long, though.

Thanks to the posters who took the time to report the thread.

It's really sad to see another great talent succumb - very likely - to their demons. R.I.P. Whitney Houston.

Rip Whitney.:sad: So strange, I pulled this clip up the other night because I missed her voice so much. Hadn't seen this in years... say what you will about her, she was an amazing talent. Tony Bennett said on Twitter she had the best voice he ever heard.
Best. Redition. Ever. She was the only artist in HISTORY to ever take our National Anthem to the Billboard Charts. Incredible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFZT6CTXz8&feature=fvsr

Shock to the system to hear news like this

From what we heard she didnt look to be doing too well in recent years but when you hear news of her death you ask: 'really?"

Nobody believes news like that at first

Nasty thread. Now all it needs is Dalton.

As technically brilliant as her voice may have been for so many aspiring singers, I never really enjoyed her tunes. Nevertheless, sad to see someone of her stature die so young. I never knew that she was troubled with addictions and what not :(

I still can't believe this.
:sad:
She had the voice of an angel. Ask almost any singer and they will say she was one of their inspirations. In fact, any time I read about singers and their inspirations, they always mention Whitney Houston.

She was like the Michael Jordan of singing. She was the Frank Sinatra of my generation.
It's kind of ironic that she died six days after the Super Bowl and on the eve of the Grammys: two things she was so known for. She sang the most famous national anthem at the Super Bowl and she is a multi-Grammy winner.

RIP

2RHXN.jpg

Wow, this news really took me by surprise. I've never been a fan but it's always sad to see someone die at such a young age.

Great thread by the way. :lol:

That's so sad, I grew up with her music :sad:

So much talent going to waste. Her marriage with Bobby destroyed her, she never recovered from that.

I feel especially sorry for her young daughter. It will be interesting to see how this tragic event affects the Grammys tonight.

Damn. When she was on...she fucking owned.

It's beyond obvious at this point, and it's what most people associate her with, but the vocal she put on her version of "I Will Always Love You" is god damned immaculate. It's as perfect a vocal as any of us will ever hear. Stunning. And the other jams are great, too.

Sad news. Thoughts to her family. I'll be bumping her tunes in the meantime.

It's beyond obvious at this point, and it's what most people associate her with, but the vocal she put on her version of "I Will Always Love You" is god damned immaculate. It's as perfect a vocal as any of us will ever hear. Stunning. And the other jams are great, too.

I said almost this exact thing to Travis not 15 minutes ago.

The video store was out of The Bodyguard, and I just couldn't put Travis through Waiting to Exhale, so I'm just jamming instead.

Nasty thread. Now all it needs is Dalton.

As technically brilliant as her voice may have been for so many aspiring singers, I never really enjoyed her tunes. Nevertheless, sad to see someone of her stature die so young. I never knew that she was troubled with addictions and what not :(

I enjoyed her tunes as a child, and songs like 'I wanna dance with somebody' was perfect 80s pop music

Back
Top Bottom