Whitney Houston Dead: Singer Dies At 48 - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #196
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
You're playing with fire when you mix prescription drugs and alcohol. Just because you can get away with it 9 times doesn't mean that it won't bite you in the ass on the 10th. And the rate of absorption would completely depend on how much alcohol was in the system. You can die from taking aspirin and alcohol. It's silly and irresponsible to think that those drugs are harmless when taken with alcohol. Plus, if she was a chronic alcoholic, which seems like it might be the case, it makes it even more dangerous. I'm not really one to speculate, but I'd put a large wager on booze/drugs and liver failure being the main cause of her death

Old 02-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #197
Ghost of Love

Oh, I know it CAN be deadly, but for the love of god all that happens most of the time is you either reduce the efficacy by introducing alcohol (ie, prevent an antibiotic from doing it's job) or you get more drowsy than you normally would..ie Xanax & wine.

I'm just saying that the rampant speculation is getting silly: "she may have obtained the drugs illegally through a furtive network of different doctors" type shit. Really? She could have gotten all four of those perfectly legally from the same doctor, they're all very common and not to my knowledge contraindicative - but I ain't no doctor and I've never taken Midol

Or "she died after swallowing a cocktail of half a dozen strong prescription drugs and booze". Along with a burger and some fries and a beer, of course.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

If taking pills with alcohol isn't the definition of insanity, I don't know what is.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #199
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I'm just saying that the rampant speculation is getting silly: "she may have obtained the drugs illegally through a furtive network of different doctors" type shit. Really? She could have gotten all four of those perfectly legally from the same doctor
agreed. that sort of speculation is pointless
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #200
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
If taking pills with alcohol isn't the definition of insanity, I don't know what is.

Right. Ok Dr Phils, everyone who has a beer or a drink while prescribed a medication is insane..

Sure, don't swig your pills with booze, but there's no evidence yet that she did that. The mere existence of the pills in the room means nothing, she could have had it all at different times. Xanax at night, say, Ibuprofren and maybe Midol in the morning for the headache/time of the month stuff and a Heineken at lunch isn't gonna kill anybody, per se.

It's only because of her past that this story is being cooked this way. And that is silly imo.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 02-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #201
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
a Heineken at lunch isn't gonna kill anybody
That's a fucking lie! Shit is nasty
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #202
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
That's a fucking lie! Shit is nasty
I actually agree with ya, it's not a beer I would willingly buy myself. Two give me this vicious sinus headache. And then I reach for the Ibuprofren...

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 02-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #203
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I actually agree with ya, it's not a beer I would willingly buy myself. Two give me this vicious sinus headache. And then I reach for the Ibuprofren...
DONT DO IT!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Right. Ok Dr Phils, everyone who has a beer or a drink while prescribed a medication is insane..

Sure, don't swig your pills with booze, but there's no evidence yet that she did that. The mere existence of the pills in the room means nothing, she could have had it all at different times. Xanax at night, say, Ibuprofren and maybe Midol in the morning for the headache/time of the month stuff and a Heineken at lunch isn't gonna kill anybody, per se.

It's only because of her past that this story is being cooked this way. And that is silly imo.
No, I absolutely think that. If I am taking pills, I do not drink. Period. And I say this as a college student with drinking habits that in most other situations would be considered alcoholism. But if I have to take medication for something, I do not drink, because mixing alcohol with shit that will at the very least damage your liver is idiotic.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #205
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:24 PM
Yeah, it obviously does not automatically kill you, but that doesn't mean it's a wise choice. You gambled and got lucky.

My doctor told me definitively DO NOT DRINK with the anxiety meds she prescribed. What am I going to do - try it just to see what happens? Why the fuck would I do that? I'm not going to take the risk that I'm going to be the one in a million person who has a rare reaction to the combo.

As for poor Whitney, yeah, speculation gets out of hand, but for shit's sake, if you've got a history of being a drug addict, it's not too great a stretch for it to be a reasonable guess that it contributed to and/or caused her death.

Is finding out that she died of a heart attack or anyuerism (sp? sorry) going to make a difference about anything? It's still a sad, sordid end to her life, which had a sad, sordid decline because of (or at the very least, partly because of) addiction.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #206
Ghost of Love

I guess moderation is the name of the game for me. My science is certainly not exact but everything I've read about booze and pills is that drinking heavily while on pills is what reduces your liver's ability to do it's thing. I don't drink heavily if I have to take anything, mostly because drinking heavily makes me feel like shit afterwards and the reason I'm likely taking something is because I already feel like shit. If that makes any sense. I'm talking one drink, maybe two. That's not causing my liver to fail or my heart to stop, nah.

But as for Whitney, she did drink heavily and had probably weakened one or more vital organs with the years of street drugs so..yeah..

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 02-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor

It's more of a fear of not knowing how out of it I'll be that stops me, not that I think my liver will go on strike immediately. I'm not interested in seeing how out of control I'll get with a combo, or if I'll have Cori's Very First Blackout.

Pass.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Cori's Very First Blackout.
You should write a children's book
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #209
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
No, I absolutely think that. If I am taking pills, I do not drink. Period. And I say this as a college student with drinking habits that in most other situations would be considered alcoholism. But if I have to take medication for something, I do not drink, because mixing alcohol with shit that will at the very least damage your liver is idiotic.
Same except I don't drink quite as much. The point is, the Doctor says don't do it, the pharmacist says don't do it, and they went to school for far longer and for much different a field as I, I'm not going to fuck around with what they say.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:24 PM
I have to agree with PhilsFan here. It's your risk, so do what you want, I guess, but no way in hell would I ever drink alcohol of any kind in any quantity while on pills for something. Never. I'm just too scared of the potential consequences. You can think it's an overreaction all you want, but I just feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Seriously, is every single last media writer speculating on her death and also these no name fuckwit "law enforcement sources" fucking retarded?
They showed a thing on "The Daily Show" last night talking about how CNN-CNN-reported her death. Some guy with a microphone was going into the street and asking random passerby if they'd heard she died, as though it were a freaking "Jaywalking" segment of some sort. Truly, it was one of the most tasteless, stupid things ever.

I've avoided all media speculation and analyzation of her death. I know I won't get any sort of non-tabloid related story about her, I know it'll be full of totally random, useless information and disrespectful photographs of her in her downward spiral (or, god forbid, death photos)...it's just going to be the usual three-ring circus, with insensitive, ratings-grabbing BS.